1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion: Armor Concepts

Discussion in 'Citizens' Network' started by Necidious, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Necidious

Necidious Community Manager
    Staff Member Management

Ratings:
    +175 / 12
  2. ryarvis

ryarvis Clone

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    is this suppose to be a fom inspired game or call of duty/blacklight retribution clone, legit what the armor looks like but different colors

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shakespears

Shakespears Reputable Citizen
    Donator Alpha Tester

Ratings:
    +273 / 17
    Reminds me of dead space and star citizen. It's pretty neat and different from the old Fom stuff so it'll take time to get used to. Definitely better than just "cloning" the old stuff

Accidental double post while still typing

• Like Like x 2
  4. Adam Meyer

Adam Meyer Dweller

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'm wet.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mr Affinity

Mr Affinity Dweller

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I like the light armor variant with overlaying street clothes. Seems kinda like a casual urban guerrilla combat outfit. The concept art is wonky, but I assume these will barely reflect the modeled versions.

I like the idea of heavy armor variants being quite bulky. Perhaps it will even increase the hitbox?

I think the helmets look quite weird. As already mentioned, they do look quite a lot like dead space. I think they are too horror-esque. Are the humans in the universe of MR totally against faces? None of the helmets even try to show eyes. It seems like everyone is a zombie-andriod-robo-cop.

I'm also not a big fan of the shoulder flaps. Why would plates just hang off the shoulders?

Not a fan of the general color scheme. I think that trying to use a realistic color scheme, similar to Call of Duty, makes for an uninteresting visual pallete. I think that combat would look weird with a bunch of beige-bluish shades of color vomit running around shooting lasers. Simplify the colors, less is more.

Hope I'm not being too harsh, always glad to see creative work done for this project.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luna Tic

Luna Tic Dweller

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    All with customizable colors schemes right? ;-) Looking awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Banjo

Banjo Citizen
    Donator Alpha Tester

Ratings:
    +138 / 7
    Where is the bunny ears?

Also that giant groin protection is hilarious.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Dilettante
    Donator Alpha Tester

Ratings:
    +94 / 5
    Makes them look broader and bigger in the shoulder to impose like the skull-esk design of the helmet. Which depending on who these are aimed at seems a fine idea.

They all look very nice and I have to say I am somewhat a fan of the idea of a comparatively subdued colour pallet by default, somewhat scope creeping again but possibly with the option to add your own garish colour pallets at desire.

They mostly seem to certainly have a more directly military/militia look that I presume are aimed in concept at the Mercs, military, factional security forces and the more overtly violent rebel/criminal faction members. Legacy FoM didn't particularly cater to visually identifying top notch armour (you degenerate colonials) for dedicated combat troops as distinct from the sort of thing your average eco lord would walk around in and I suppose that is because everyone walked around in whatever they considered optimum armour (and I am sticking to this) all the time as in theory everyone was always a split second from pulling a gun.

Not that I think you are but if this is a look at the sort of thing you are expecting everyone to be walking around in all the time I am not terribly sure of that, particularly fully enclosed helmets for everyone seems unwise. If nothing else for one of them I can't see anything but a chap wearing an upturned pot or kettle on his head when I look at it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BioXide

BioXide Founder
    Staff Member Lead Developer Management

Ratings:
    +205 / 13
    We will be tweaking the armor concepts and adding more open helmets, thanks for the feedback guys. We're aiming for a ghost in the shell/dark cyberpunk look, not trying to recreate FoM's look. The game will definitively have some light horror vibes on certain colonies, all my games have horror /dark undertones :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cammy

Cammy Citizen
    Donator Alpha Tester

Ratings:
    +36 / 2
    im all for light armor which is under clothing, aslong as theres some drawbacks from using medium/heavy armour in comparen

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chip Lawrie

Chip Lawrie Game Writer
    Staff Member Donator

Ratings:
    +228 / 18
    From my understanding from the lore I was asked to write there are various bonuses to the C1 armour and drawbacks to permanently wearing C2 and C3 armours mainly in the fatigue department.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cadonez

Cadonez Citizen
    Donator Alpha Tester

Ratings:
    +76 / 13
    Medium Armor should look more Planetsidey if im bein honest. I'd also prefer some Medieval throwbacks in there, capes, emblazoned breastplates anyone?

• Like Like x 2
  13. BioXide

BioXide Founder

Ratings:
    +205 / 13
    Light armor should be cheap, weigh less and possibly give a small speed boost, medium armor should not provide any speed + or -, offer decent protection and will be the go-to armor for most conflicts, heavy armor will provide the most protection, but will weigh the most (1500g possibly each piece), will reduce speed and will be expensive, this armor will be mainly for point defense since the low speed will make you an easy target. We will add powered armor later on once we start working on bioenergy mechanics (implants,etc)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Safwan

Safwan Helpful Citizen

Ratings:
    +202 / 16
    These look sick. Also what @Cadonez mentioned. Capes and Embezles all go well with cyber punk feel and look. Would love to have those added as well

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. BioXide

BioXide Founder

Ratings:
    +205 / 13
    I can add a slot or two for accessories, I would like some capes as well

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Chip Lawrie

Chip Lawrie Game Writer
    Staff Member Donator

Ratings:
    +228 / 18
    So nows the time to suggest that pelisse for the dress uniform designs for TDC officers over R5...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Dilettante
    Donator Alpha Tester

Ratings:
    +94 / 5
    Give them epauettes, dolmans, sashes, aiguillettes, service medals and a bicorn or two and they will win any war by looking too fabulous to shoot.

Is variation on the appearance of armour though it is mechanically the same item planned?

ie. Lamellar-esk stuff for OZ and broad plate looking things for AE?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cadonez

Cadonez Citizen
    Donator Alpha Tester

Ratings:
    +76 / 13
    Good point, will each type of armor have a unique cosmetic for each faction? I'd be in support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hard Hat Harry

Hard Hat Harry Dilettante
    Donator Alpha Tester

Ratings:
    +121 / 19
    I want to be a power ranger

• Like Like x 1
  20. BioXide

BioXide Founder

Ratings:
    +205 / 13
    There won't be factional armor, I am open to the possibility of adding cosmetic armor mods that slightly modify the appearance and colors, so factional colors might be picked based on preference, but that will come later on after testing and community feedback, because it's a double edged sword

• Like Like x 2