Advanced Market Options

John White

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jul 23, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
Service Points: 0
Allow sellers on the market to choose not to sell their product to specific factions.
In addition maybe add ability to modify price according to faction.

Edit: Tornadium suggested ability for colony owners to restrict terminal access based on faction relations. Which just sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:

Spark

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Apr 6, 2018
Islamabad
Civil Protection Commission
Players will switch factions to get the best deal or just ignore the seller. Stop suggesting ideas that reward players going afk for a week after they unload stuff in the market. Think about what can keep players active in corps.

John White

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jul 23, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
Players will switch factions to get the best deal or just ignore the seller. Stop suggesting ideas that reward players going afk for a week after they unload stuff in the market. Think about what can keep players active in corps.
What does this have anything to do with activity?
First of all, in an active game you cannot place something on market and go afk and still get an income. Heck in FoTD when there were like 30 people left playing me and tio still undercut each other on minute bases.
This suggestion will be useful during war time to limit enemy supply. I can't see members switching out of faction during wartime just to get better deal on items.
And finally did you even read what I wrote? "ignore the seller?! They shouldn't even see them in the first place if this is implemented. And if you are talking about price adjustment according to faction, if there is cheaper items it will be displayed first, so of course the seller will be ignored by that specific faction, or not depending on the market supply of the product.

Tornadium

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jul 1, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 5
I fundamentally disagree with any system that allows you to restrict buyers on the open economy. If you don't want to sell to a certain group then handle the transactions yourself manually.

If it's on the Global Market it should be accessible for anyone to purchase, Restricting purchases only means people will have some R1 with nothing to lose faction hop and buy out what they need. Is there a reason for this mechanic other than "I don't like these guys?".

I'd much prefer the ability for colony owners to restrict terminal access based on faction relations. They can still be hacked and used but base access would be denied. At least that means if someone was staging a takeover they could hack a territory and use it as a base of operations while not COMPLETELY closing access off.

John White

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jul 23, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
I fundamentally disagree with any system that allows you to restrict buyers on the open economy. If you don't want to sell to a certain group then handle the transactions yourself manually.

If it's on the Global Market it should be accessible for anyone to purchase, Restricting purchases only means people will have some R1 with nothing to lose faction hop and buy out what they need. Is there a reason for this mechanic other than "I don't like these guys?".

I'd much prefer the ability for colony owners to restrict terminal access based on faction relations. They can still be hacked and used but base access would be denied. At least that means if someone was staging a takeover they could hack a territory and use it as a base of operations while not COMPLETELY closing access off.
I see, a valid point.
My reasoning was that if transactions are handled manually, items are completely taken off market, thus potentially punishing neutral parties. Plus if it's manually handled in addition to being inconvenient it could restrict some buyers who lack connections.
The terminal access restriction is a good idea, I like it.

Chase Benedict

Clone

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Mar 4, 2019
The Syndicate
My reasoning was that if transactions are handled manually, items are completely taken off market, thus potentially punishing neutral parties. Plus if it's manually handled in addition to being inconvenient it could restrict some buyers who lack connections.
Agree with Torn. This ensures that the market is in place for producers who do not choose to discriminate between their buyers. People will always be looking to profit from conflicts - if there is a scarcity of supplies driven by suppliers refusing to cooperate during an ongoing war I think the consequences of that would be interesting and should be allowed to play out. Shit should matter - let it.