Ranfre

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 15, 2018
Seattle
Avalon Enterprises
Service Points: 0
I've never liked the current rank names.
Partner is more of a title in a co-owner partnership like a law or accounting firm which AE is not.
Also using 'junior' in a title seems like an insult.

@BioXide said I should come up with some new ones.

I (and Sam before he left) came up with the following while trying to keep to the corporate theme and have something different than the other corp. factions.

Managing Director
Director
Manager
Supervisor
Associate
Employee
Contractor
Intern

Last edited:

Tornadium

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 30, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 5
Seems kinda generic corporate, Better than what we have currently I'd agree.

What can be modified to make it more unique to fit the AE Faction Backstory?

LordAdder

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Oct 23, 2017
CHICAGOOOOOO
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 1
I mean, the three MegaCorp factions are all in unique positions with their culture being different. OZ is Japanese oriented, NSM is blue collar worker/indentured slave oriented, and AE can fill the void of being the generic European/North American Megacorporation. Although, I don't think I like having Director and then Managing Director. Sure the R7 is probably going to really just be the head of the HC council of your faction, so by just adding Manager to their name, but I think President would be a better title imo.

*Edit* just realized that OZ uses President, and NSM uses Chief Executive... woops. Idk, I guess Chariman might work?

Last edited:

Michael Reaper

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Aug 26, 2018
Followers of Eternity
I've never liked the current rank names.
Partner is more of a title in a co-owner partnership like a law or accounting firm which AE is not.
Also using 'junior' in a title seems like an insult.

@BioXide said I should come up with some new ones.

I came up with the following while trying to keep to the corporate theme and have something different than the other corp. factions.

Managing Director
Director
Manager
Supervisor
Associate
Employee
Contractor
Intern
Instead of Managing Director make it Director and you can change Director to Shareholders or Chief operating officer (COO). Just some food for thought.

Ranfre

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 15, 2018
Seattle
Avalon Enterprises
That doesn't make sense. There's only one Managing director but multiple directors. Shareholder isn't a corporate title. COO is a singular position not a level title.

Michael Reaper

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Aug 26, 2018
Followers of Eternity
That doesn't make sense. There's only one Managing director but multiple directors. Shareholder isn't a corporate title. COO is a singular position not a level title.
Worked under corporate as a Shift Manager. There is not usually a Managing Director. Just a Director and then the COO sits directly under usually a president or in this case a Director.

Ranfre

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 15, 2018
Seattle
Avalon Enterprises
Omg you had a job. Omg a company did what? There's not one size fits all. Also did you even bother googling anything? See I work for one the biggest tech companies in the world so I know a bit about their Corp. layout but I didn't just assume that everyone is the same. I googled shit to see what's out there. Having senior people be directors and having one be the top person as managing director is a totally normal structure. You also seem to have ignored my point about single vs multiple people in a rank which is the most obvious reason you're suggestion is shit.

Michael Reaper

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Aug 26, 2018
Followers of Eternity
Omg you had a job. Omg a company did what? There's not one size fits all. Also did you even bother googling anything? See I work for one the biggest tech companies in the world so I know a bit about their Corp. layout but I didn't just assume that everyone is the same. I googled shit to see what's out there. Having senior people be directors and having one be the top person as managing director is a totally normal structure. You also seem to have ignored my point about single vs multiple people in a rank which is the most obvious reason you're suggestion is shit.
First off I have a few years in management, secondly I never said I worked for just 1 company. You made that assumption on your own. Thirdly What corporation do you work for? Cause I would love to look up their stuff. Fourthly I never immediately cussed and threw a tantrum for you not agreeing with me. I just simply stated my experience. As well a lot of companies have used the Junior Partner title its a step below being a partner. That way you can learn the ropes of being a partner essentially Junior Partners are a partner in training.

Hepopotan

Dweller

Jul 24, 2017
ya mum's hut
Civil Protection Commission
The CEO of Swag should be their R7 rank.

Also Chairman should be the R7 of OZ because I remember watching Memoirs of a Geisha and she called the old man the Chairman in the movie. Just switch around Chairman and President from AE and OZ. ez pz.

Reactions: Michael Reaper

John White

Helpful Citizen

Supporting Donator
Jul 23, 2018
Oda Zaibatsu
Why not use noble titles.
Duke
Marquess
Earl
Viscount
Baron
Baronet
Knight

Ranfre

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 15, 2018
Seattle
Avalon Enterprises
Why not use noble titles.
Duke
Marquess
Earl
Viscount
Baron
Baronet
Knight
because it's a company not a revived monarchy.
even though yes those are sorta cool, doesn't fit the RP.
also r0 wouldn't be knight, it would have to be 'fucking peasant'

LordAdder

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Oct 23, 2017
CHICAGOOOOOO
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 1
John White used to have your position, you know. Before... the dark times

Ranfre

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 15, 2018
Seattle
Avalon Enterprises
John White used to have your position, you know. Before... the dark times
Nope, he would be my subordinate right now if he hadn't quit. Forum rank is outa date.
And this is a golden age.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LordAdder

John White

Helpful Citizen

Supporting Donator
Jul 23, 2018
Oda Zaibatsu
because it's a company not a revived monarchy.
even though yes those are sorta cool, doesn't fit the RP.
also r0 wouldn't be knight, it would have to be 'fucking peasant'
I wrote 7. Knight is R1.

Nope, he would be my subordinate right now if he hadn't quit. Forum rank is outa date.
And this is a golden age.
Bragging of a promotion when you were the only candidate available, nice.

Ranfre

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 15, 2018
Seattle
Avalon Enterprises
Bragging of a promotion when you were the only candidate available, nice.
We had a competition to see who got R6 and you rage quit when I easily won instead of accepting it.

John White

Helpful Citizen

Supporting Donator
Jul 23, 2018
Oda Zaibatsu
We had a competition to see who got R6 and you rage quit when I easily won instead of accepting it.
Had they chosen you, I would have stayed. Instead they chose to wait and watch us bicker.

As for names, it's a fictional corp in fictional future. I feel like you could name them whatever the hell you want lol.
Already have Avalon Knights that walk around with actual swords.
Of course it's a bit of a stretch and might break immersion, but I don't want to see any faction treated as generic anything.
I remember Chip telling me I'm royalty and should act like it lol.

Jade Star

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 28, 2017
Avalon Enterprises
You morons keep bickering with each other, I bide my time in the shadows...waiting...muhahaha

• Wow
Reactions: LordAdder