Allow Corporations to decide if they want CPC/TCD on their land or not

Allow corps to make treaties/agreements with TU instead of being forced to do so by LORE

• Total voters

Sawyer Anderson

Dilettante

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Sitka, Alaska
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
So I had this long ass conversation with RadishGamma in discord and it boiled down to. CPC/TCD can enter private property without your permission or cause because i wrote this bullshit treaty into law when they connected their land to the warp network

(Radish comment)

"I'm sorry Austin but you agreed to use the TUs vortex network so you signed up to the treaty allowing CPC patrols"

My response in discord being...

"Radish look at what i posted in donator as per that sentence that would be private property yes

With that being said police require permission from the owner of said property to enter yes

If they don't have permission to enter said property they don't enter said property without a justified reason such as shots fired yes?

I think most people would be pissed IRL if police in their countries went i can enter your home because it's connected to the public road system hurr durr

your saying police can enter private property because it's connected to the warp network

It's the same shit."

The suggestion is to allow Megacorps/TU to come to an agreement if AE/OZ/NSM don't want TU forces on their land they can't force the corporation without a war. However, if they want to allow them onto the colony they can sign the agreement/treaty as per usual.

TLDR / Rip that shit treaty lore out of the lore and allow players and faction leaders to choose goddamnit.

RadishGamma

Advocate

Supporting Donator
Jun 9, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
Deary me...

Again I'm not writing in an artificial limitation on CPCs jurisdiction- if the Commissioner decides they don't want their officers off world fine - if a colony owner decides they want to limit CPC/TDC patrols fine.

The whole concept is designed to cause structured conflict (i.e police attempt to arrest a felon off world/TDC attempt to disrupt an FoE implant shipment.)

I don't understand the massive issue here if I am being totally honest.

Last edited:

Sawyer Anderson

Dilettante

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Sitka, Alaska
The Syndicate
Deary me...

Again I'm not writing in an artificial limitation on CPCs jurisdiction- if the Commissioner decides they don't want their officers off world fine - if a colony owner decides they want to limit CPC/TDC patrols fine.

The whole concept is designed to cause structured conflict (i.e police attempt to arrest a felon off world/TDC attempt to disrupt an FoE implant shipment.)

I don't understand the massive issue here if I am being totally honest.
I never said write-in artificial limitations i'm saying allow the players and the rank 7's to talk between each other (IE TU/CPC/TDU talk to MSM rank 7's and come to an agreement without having the well you already signed a treaty in the lore argument.

Tod Maddux

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 30, 2017
Well Austin, the corps do not "own" the land, the government does.

Osiris

Taxpayer

Oct 5, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
Isn't this a cyberpunk game in a dystopian future??? In a dystopian future law enforcement and the military dont need permission to patrol or raid something.

CheSquattII

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jul 31, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
There's no private property in the future. If you have private property the government should have the right to nationalize it, and kill you for having it.
(P.S, the fact Austin Cranford became an Ancap is a really good indicator of how puberty went for him)

Spastique

Helpful Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Oct 30, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
As a representative of TDC I can promise you we will knock down your door and march in guns blazing as we please. This ofc is in your best interest and only done to protect you.
With that said, the corps don't make treaties with TU, they are to pay the tax and keep their heads down.

Last edited:

PhoenixMask

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jun 2, 2017
This thread looks like it came straight from hell

(P.S, the fact Austin Cranford became an Ancap is a really good indicator of how puberty went for him)
Honestly should just ban MR right away
Austin played FoM while he was a kid and look what happened to him.

Last edited:

Safwan

Enthusiast

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 1, 2017
If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

If the respective land is part of TU, Agencies will be present there. There should, however, be outer colonies which are off-limits politically for agencies to operate in. (discounting special circumstances i.e: fugitive hunting or war)

NoahKirchner

Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2017
Pittsburgh
Terran Defense Corps
If a corporation wants to oppose the TU, then what's stopping them from just shooting any TDC or CPC on sight the second that they step into their territory?

I definitely do support the treaty idea, as that could lead to interesting political changes in the future, but the game's default state should have the TU as a powerful force and it should be the FoE, Syndicate and seditious corporation's job to reduce their stranglehold on the universe.

I think keeping the possibilities for future political interactions as freeform as possible is the best way to go, if over the course of gameplay the TU morphs into a corporatist authoritarian police state or a free market state perpetuated by the military industrial complex should be entirely up to the players and the mechanics should absolutely be there to support that. That said, I don't really understand what the point of this thread is if the issue is only about lore? I see no issue with the relationships between the factions starting off a certain way as long as those relationships can be changed as time goes on.

David Ord

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
May 8, 2018
If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

If the respective land is part of TU, Agencies will be present there. There should, however, be outer colonies which are off-limits politically for agencies to operate in. (discounting special circumstances i.e: fugitive hunting or war)
I agree.

Reactions: Safwan

CheSquattII

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jul 31, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
I still think decisions about which colonies are on or off limits should, after the game begins, be made by the TU as opposed to hardcoded.
Too lazy to read. Are people advocating for hardcoding?

NoahKirchner

Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2017
Pittsburgh
Terran Defense Corps
Not even the whole point of this thread is to request that nothing be hardcoded like this lore wise or mechanics wise
I don't see an issue with it being hardcoded lorewise for the very start of the game, but beyond that I agree with you. Like at the very beginning there should be preset relationships that can then change drastically as the players desire, if that makes sense, but I do think that the default state should be one of TU dominance until the players act to change it.

CheSquattII

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jul 31, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Not even the whole point of this thread is to request that nothing be hardcoded like this lore wise or mechanics wise
Corporations rely on states in order to exist. Without TU presence angry workers would just lynch their bosses. Why wouldn't the corps sign a treaty with the TU?

Banjo

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Surely there's no need to for a game mechanic to handle this(as in X faction is not allowed to warp to Y colony).
Save this for ingame senate politics, at least there'll be something of substance to discuss other then demanding sandwiches.

Also I think someone else pointed this out; (goverment <> mega corp <> citizen) conflicts/drama is the point of the game, don't delude it with pointless OOC discussion.

TheJoker

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 20, 2017
Australia
Guns of the Conclave
tough one but I like it the way it is, TU should have ultimate power.