Bounty Hunting Mechanics

Hard Hat Harry

Helpful Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 8, 2017
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
This is kind of an idea I had while reading the CPC suggestion thread. As we know from FoM, LED wasn't always the most competent and didn't have the most reach. When I was a MW, I could chill in MVA (the most populous area in FoM, for any new people here) and gank the few LED that were there then run away to the outer rim when the zerg would come charging in. I knew as long as I was in the outer rim, chances are I would never be caught. This is why I'm suggesting the Devs add in a bounty hunting contract type for mercs. The CPC HC should have a mechanic to allow a merc cell to make arrests (if possible, restrict ability to arrest to a certain faction or individuals). Since I am a Syndicate boi, let's say we're causing shit in the outer rim. LED doesn't have the resources to take care of us. They can hire elite fighters (some really good merc cell) to go arrest or kill us. A better example would be two gankers running around the rim. LED can just spend some credits to have some mercs go take of the troublemakers. It adds a sense of danger of being arrested for criminals, even in the outer rim. Or, an individual merc can make a name for himself by being a bounty hunter without a cell. I think this suggestion will add variety to a merc's life as well.

Reactions: Egroeg and Banjo

Swifty McVeigh

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Mar 18, 2019
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 0
Get paid just to go loose? I'm in.

/signed

Joshua Jones

Citizen