Patron
Sep 20, 2017
Australia
Reactions
88 3 2
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 0
Gday lads!

I was wondering if anyone else was looking at this game, they have some great concepts I like how your character gets old and dies every year. I've been following it since 2016 seems like a good development team behind it, also it just surpassed $4 million in preorder/in-game purchases so looks like its going to be a sure thing.

Has anyone else seen it? what do you think of some of the game mechanics added?

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/game/overview

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Reactions
501 10 2
Avalon
Enterprises
Service Points: 2400
I've been eyeballing it a few months ago, I believe, or was it last year? Looks interesting.

Hari Seldon

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Cloning
Reactions
127 2 0
No Faction
Chip managed to talk me into being a Duke by billing it as Fantasy FoM in so far as most groups will be play run if not entirely player staffed. Not entirely sure that the end product will be that interesting given they very much plan to have story line GMs and stuff to generate content but will probably be novel for a year or so.

The real crux of their whole life, death and CK2 approach to who the player is will be the speed they are going to plot the in game time at, I have a pessimistic impression it will be too fast because they are all keyed up on those dynasty mechanics they have come up with.

TheJoker

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Sep 20, 2017
Australia
Reactions
88 3 2
Guns of the Conclave
Been following since 2015, I'm a Duke in one of the EU kingdoms.

how did you end up being a duke? what do you get with it? I'm going through all the info about the game haven't looked at it for a while, ill be on the Oceania server pretty stoked to have a server down here usually miss out.

Wow a fantasy MMO, not seen one of these before.

haha, yea, hopeful this will buck the trend and be a good one the last fantasy MMO I was keen for was Age of Conan, And yea that was shit.

Chip managed to talk me into being a Duke by billing it as Fantasy FoM in so far as most groups will be play run if not entirely player staffed. Not entirely sure that the end product will be that interesting given they very much plan to have story line GMs and stuff to generate content but will probably be novel for a year or so.

The real crux of their whole life, death and CK2 approach to who the player is will be the speed they are going to plot the in-game time at, I have a pessimistic impression it will be too fast because they are all keyed up on those dynasty mechanics they have come up with.
yea I hope its just fom in a medieval system, I'm hoping they have balanced a lot of the stuff in-game I get a bit worried with some of the things and I want to know how much time you lose when you get killed and they don't punish certain renegade play styles too much,

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Reactions
323 5 0
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
how did you end up being a duke? what do you get with it? I'm going through all the info about the game haven't looked at it for a while, ill be on the Oceania server pretty stoked to have a server down here usually miss out.
Backed at the Duke tier at kickstarter. I get a duchy, county and town, custom coa, early access stuff (alpha and EA forums), star name, headstone, picture of myself in game, I also get a design experience (custom coat of armour or custom weapon or two of the lower custom things), furnished manor house, pet, four mounts, all the kickstarter exclusive shit like the special dance, I also have an invite for a studio tour and to the launch party - but 50/50 on flying to Washington State for a party. I also have 16 sparks - so don't need to buy new lives anytime soon.

Thing I really like about CoE is the fact that I will have lost all of that stuff by the end of the first year.

SnowDubz

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Aug 21, 2017
Reactions
8 0 0
The Syndicate
Once they enter beta I'd love to throw down some cash and give it a go. Looks neat. Haven't seen much info on it other than the unique features they intend on being in it

Jade Star

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 28, 2017
Reactions
56 1 0
Avalon
Enterprises
Having to pay 30$ after you perma-die to get a new life, is pretty disappointing. Heck from what I'm seeing so far of this game it isn't making me want to jump to my wallet to buy it. Think you guys are just dic..err mmo hungry. Looking for any old mmo promising you the world, whispering its sweet nothings in to your eager ears. When it inevitably goes f2p I'll check it out.