Community Input - Heroes of the Union

Grukan

Taxpayer

Jul 1, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
We could also give these locations generic names and then change them after a character that is owned by a player when they did something great for the Union. Like solo a syndie zerg or finalized a peace conference I dunno.

It would give the location more meaning then just some made up story.
Another possible thing for government to vote on. Would require some staff assistance to implement (and approve), but I like this idea.

You should make a separate thread for that one for better visibility/discussion.

Hesphos

Helpful Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 6, 2017
North Star
Mining
Another possible thing for government to vote on. Would require some staff assistance to implement (and approve), but I like this idea.

You should make a separate thread for that one for better visibility/discussion.
I dunno man, I think the staff made this thread specifically for community input and they already skim it from time to time for new information.

I could be wrong though.

Rian Felix

Citizen

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Apr 21, 2018
Ghent, Belgium
If you can't take the time and actually honor the memory of someone who passed away, you don't flaunt their name around. It's pretty plain and simple.

There are people interested in actually honoring our fallen friends and are working on tributes to them.

If you honestly believe I'm in the wrong for calling out someone who's posted two names now of people who've passed on, without giving them any decent tribute or effort in honoring them, that's fine. Not everyone has the same standards and that's ok.
Quality drama. May he rest in peace

Rian Felix

Citizen

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Apr 21, 2018
Ghent, Belgium
We could also give these locations generic names and then change them after a character that is owned by a player when they did something great for the Union. Like solo a syndie zerg or finalized a peace conference I dunno.

It would give the location more meaning then just some made up story.
I worry it would just mean some top memers would get the names. Knowing this community

Hesphos

Helpful Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 6, 2017
North Star
Mining
I worry it would just mean some top memers would get the names. Knowing this community
You're right, cant call it the Rian Felix Gardens.

Grukan

Taxpayer

Jul 1, 2017
That's why I said some level of staff oversight/approval.

Also there's nothing wrong with naming an area after someone like that. It's part of the cultural history. Look how many of you know Craig Murphy and never even played with him (or only played when he came back as a troll senator). There's all these stories and memes about a guy like that, most of them misinterpreted by people who heard second or third hand accounts of the guy. There's some value in those folk stories I feel like, and discussing them with faction mates etc just kind of gives a conversation topic to pass down from older players to new, encouraging talk of other historical things, catching people up on the culture.

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
Hero of The Union - Councillor Keltic Lupinous - Awarded Union Star in 2132

While most councillors during the early to mid 22nd century were known for being more bureaucratic in approaches, Councillor Keltic Lupinous took towards more diplomatic and humanitarian approaches. While some remember him for being the one vote against the swift and decisive formation of The Civil Protection Commission, his other actions were far more commendable. Councillor Lupinous was heavily praised for his efforts during the Unification War as being a negotiator when South America and The Free Alliance fell. By showing compassion and respect to the former foes and assisting in humanitarian efforts, Councillor Lupinous was able to folded each of them more smoothly into The Terran Union proving far more valuable in the long run compared to any brute force or bureaucratic tactics.

Over the next decade, Councillor Lupinous worked tediously towards securing fair taxes for both citizens of The Terran Union as well as the corporations that resided within it. As new colonies were sprouting up, Councillor Lupinous would visit them, helping ensure the inhabitants were fairly represented and heard as many large corporations and even The Terran Union would attempt to shut them out for speaking against them. During his stay, Councillor Lupinous would often help set up charities and humanitarian efforts to improve the quality of life for each colony's inhabitants and further secure a more positive approval of The Terran Union.

It was in 2132 when Councillor Lupinous was able to reach perhaps his most notable achievement. The Councillor was able to secretly meeting with representatives of criminal organizations to broker peace deals in order to prevent further violence and resistance against the newly formed Civil Protection Commission. While he didn't approve of such a strong unified police force, Councillor Lupinous did want to avoid the large amount of conflict that would follow in CPC's wake. This meeting ensured that The Herrero Cartel would be cut off from support by other criminal organizations in order to be made an example of for public favor for The Terran Union and CPC.

When September came in 2132, Operation Coilbind was launched, a joint CPC and TDC offensive to subdue and destroy The Herrero Cartel permanently. Councillor Lupinous was amongst The Terran Union officials present in hopes of brokering a deal for surrender for the cartel in order to prevent as much bloodshed as possible. As negotiations seemed fruitful at first with some cartel members surrendering for reduced prison sentences, an order came across CPC command lines to begin an all out assault against the cartel in order to catch them off guard. While to this day, nobody was ever able to confirm who gave the order but during the ensuing confusion and conflict, Councillor Lupinous was found amongst the casualties of the negotiation team.

With the death of The Councillor in the line of duty, Keltic Lupinous was awarded The Union Star, posthumously for all of his efforts during Operation Coilbind and his time as a Councillor for The Terran Union. Many of Councillor Keltic Lupinous's supporters, even those in the criminal organizations, believed that he was actually executed by Terran Union officials for his resistance against The Civil Protection Commission and Operation Coilbind was the opportunity to get rid of the councillor with the least suspicion. While no evidence was ever undercovered, the belief never ceased to exist as it was just too much of a coincidence for most to just accept.

--------

We're still looking for more of these stories folks. If you're interested in writing one but need help, let @Chip Lawrie @RadishGamma or myself know and we'll be glad to help.

Last edited:

Safwan

Enthusiast

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 1, 2017
So no representation from CPC? What about our hero and savior Brad Rivers

merkaloid

Clone

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
May 17, 2018
No Faction
I got GMOP banned for trying to assassinate the "President of the Dominion" (he had godmode) during a senate session in which I was a senator, does that qualify me as a martyr?

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
Hero of The Union - General Jack O'Neill - Awarded Terran Cross and Union Cross

A dedicated man of the Terran Defense Corps uniform, Jack O'Neill was known for not only being a highly decorated soldier and an esteemed leader but also for his commitment to all of his men. Serving in the TDC from 2120 through 2154 and took part within numerous operations as he would eventually climb to the rank of General in 2137 to become one of the highest regarded Generals within TDC's history.

The first of Jack O'Neill's more notable actions was during Operation Coilbind in 2132 against the Herrero Cartel. While the operation was mostly conducted by the Civil Protection Commission, Jack O'Neill was tasked with leading a heavy weapons team, while a Lieutenant, supplied by the TDC to assist CPC as extra support in case the situation escalated out of hand, which it eventually did. After a blunder of a preemptive strike by the CPC costed the lives of the negotiation team, Jack O'Neill and his team sprung into action and decimated the remaining Herrero Cartel resistance with superior firepower and tactics without taking a single casualty.

During the Titan disaster in 2137 that ended up killing 2445 people, Jack O'Neill used his influence as a Colonel to bring relief effort to those in need even when the situation was still deemed far too dangerous. Rather than just letting his men carry out the deadly task, Jack O'Neill led the operation from the front as any ideal leader should and his efforts would lead to saving numerous lives including higher level North Star Mining officials. Grateful for Jack O'Neill's assistance, North Star Mining used their influence within the Terran Union to insure that Jack O'Neill was promoted to the rank of General and was awarded the Terran Cross for his bravery and sense of duty even out of the battlefield.

As a General, Jack O'Neill still displayed examplementary leadership by personally leading troops when duty called. In 2141 he led TDC heavy weapon teams in an offensive operation with CPC once more against The Barebhoth Cartel. In order to not have a repeat of the last time within such a situation, General Jack O'Neill put himself and most his men at the frontlines to reduce casualties within the lesser equipped CPC officers. While being deemed a bit reckless of a tactic, it would pay off as the Barebhoth Cartel had no intention of surrendering and attempted to spring a trap of their own with a pincer maneuver on the flanks of the CPC lines to avoid the TDC heavy weapons team in the front. Unknown to them, Jack had anticipated such a tactic and had placed his remaining on the outermost sidelines and their heavy weapons had no problem shredding the ranks of the cartel's flanks. Once scatter and disorganized, the remaining cartel members were all cut down by the advancing teams led by Jack O'Neill himself.

Over the next decade, General Jack O'Neill continued to excel on and off the battlefields of small skirmishes up until 2154. With news of the attacks on Getha by what would become to be known as the Getha Bugs. In command of a response team, General Jack O'Neill and his men set off to Getha in hopes of repelling the attack but would experience unforeseen issues. Due to a damaged and malfunctioning Quantum Gate, General Jack O'Neill never arrived at the rally point and no trace of him could be found. Still to this day his body was never recovered leaving some of his men to believe he may still be out in the universe somewhere but would be deemed deceased by the TDC and posthumously awarded the Union Cross for his efforts throughout his career.

Last edited:

Ferin

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jun 17, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
It is a nice story but it is double L.

Spastique

Helpful Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Oct 30, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
It is a nice story but it is double L.
This reminds me..
I have talked to other community members and we've come to agreement that we should name cloning "General Sha Cloning Facility" to honour Ferin and all the time he spent in there.
Credits go to Caps.

LordAdder

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Oct 24, 2017
CHICAGOOOOOO
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 1
This is a small nitpick, but I think it would be neat instead of the two medals he received both being crosses, maybe make one an Order or something, I feel like something like that may still exist. So like Order of Terra 1st Class or something. OR you can go the Communist route and have like a Hero of the Terran Union medal lol

Doc Snuggles

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
May 6, 2018
United State of America
I think on should go to the commerce king of many worlds.

Aurthor Mcloud

He was someone who helped me understand the basics of making good global demands. Not known by many ,but known to the market. Aurthor dominated in the field of commerce, he made everything to food, clothing, and battle gear. His talents should not go without notice, but they often did. It’s a key factor in the game to bind together all skill sets I order for the world to revolve. Everyone has to play there role in order for things to work.

I believe the man Aurthor Mcloud should be recognized for his good deeds of commerce!