Community Input: Prison

BÅĒTA

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 17, 2017
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
If there ends up being a mining component to reducing your PP, it would be crazy if there was a mineral only found in the prison mine. Normally it would converted into gear for CPC, but it could also be smuggled out to be manufactured into one of the most expensive and hard to get boosters.

Hari Seldon

Enthusiast

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 17, 2017
Cloning
Followers of Eternity
If there ends up being a mining component to reducing your PP, it would be crazy if there was a mineral only found in the prison mine. Normally it would converted into gear for CPC, but it could also be smuggled out to be manufactured into one of the most expensive and hard to get boosters.

Prison wine just has a different je ne sais quoi to off the shelf stuff.

The design of the naughty corner would sort of turn on how you want the PP system to function as a whole. Roughly how long do you expect the average player of a criminal faction to spend in there?

If it is awhile then by all means the more to do the better but if it is a relatively short stay it might end up as an exercise in jumping hoops or just unused features.

Sir John Michael

Taxpayer

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 15, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
there should be a special section of ceres for illegal immigrants

Banjo

Helpful Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
There is a lot of good ideas here.
I just want to re-enforce the desire for prison sentences to be purely time based rather then having to do chores. I see a prison sentence as a way to time out a player who have been highly productive on the illegal side of the game, and now the game world needs to recover from his actions, so we put him away. While he's away he should of course have things to do as he is just playing the game like everyone else and haven't actually done anything wrong. I like John's idea alot for this reason, because it gives the ganker more of what he wants while not turning the remaining game world into a chaotic apocalyptic gank fest all the time. I side on longer prison sentences with good prison content. And maybe less so on escape mechanics.

Lycun

Dweller

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Nov 18, 2020
U.K
Having spent my fair share guarding DeMorgans castle and maintaining the ramp wars I feel that the prison colony should be hardcoded as the government building it is no other owners other than CPC, now I feel that CPC should be able to give access rights (and take them away) to factions such as TDC or others based on alliances and politics.

The prison its self needs to be more secure and a more hostile thing to raid, previously it was mass numbers would win and it didn’t take long to effectively Merc your way through, revision on hacking etc can be done, the level system worked well however having a “public gallery/area” will be needed and increase in security protocols throughout.

turrets could be a part of the security say in level 3 an additional item to hack from a separate prison control room, you could implement CCTV etc also.

Levels, Ramps and towers to stick to nostalgia but add new challenges and zest to revitalise.

Although everyone above has given brilliant suggestions I like the time idea mentioned but giving meaningful “work” to assist getting off PP quicker than just jumping or shooting a wall.

Mining for raw materials that increase the faction funds for CPC is a good idea but should be an automatic sale/ value rather than a physical raw material used in game as it takes away value from the actual mining factions..

Production again would counter the economic factions so balancing this would be a main concern but it gives an insentive for the CPC to actually do their job and nick people rather than casually have a chat to most wanted citizens.

just my two cents.

Hoxley

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 22, 2020
The Syndicate
I'm excited to bribe cops when i get locked up for having drugs on me. WHO IS GOING TO TAKE MY BRIBE TO LET ME OUT EARLY?! HUH CPC?!

Lycun

Dweller

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Nov 18, 2020
U.K
I'm excited to bribe cops when i get locked up for having drugs on me. WHO IS GOING TO TAKE MY BRIBE TO LET ME OUT EARLY?! HUH CPC?!

Never took one before won’t start now

Hoxley

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 22, 2020
The Syndicate
I was old LED in FoM and I 110% took bribes and let BoS out of prison. ;)