Community Input: Prison

BÅĒTA

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 17, 2017
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
If there ends up being a mining component to reducing your PP, it would be crazy if there was a mineral only found in the prison mine. Normally it would converted into gear for CPC, but it could also be smuggled out to be manufactured into one of the most expensive and hard to get boosters.

Hari Seldon

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 17, 2017
Cloning
Followers of Eternity
If there ends up being a mining component to reducing your PP, it would be crazy if there was a mineral only found in the prison mine. Normally it would converted into gear for CPC, but it could also be smuggled out to be manufactured into one of the most expensive and hard to get boosters.
Prison wine just has a different je ne sais quoi to off the shelf stuff.

The design of the naughty corner would sort of turn on how you want the PP system to function as a whole. Roughly how long do you expect the average player of a criminal faction to spend in there?

If it is awhile then by all means the more to do the better but if it is a relatively short stay it might end up as an exercise in jumping hoops or just unused features.

Sir John Michael

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 16, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
there should be a special section of ceres for illegal immigrants

Banjo

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
There is a lot of good ideas here.
I just want to re-enforce the desire for prison sentences to be purely time based rather then having to do chores. I see a prison sentence as a way to time out a player who have been highly productive on the illegal side of the game, and now the game world needs to recover from his actions, so we put him away. While he's away he should of course have things to do as he is just playing the game like everyone else and haven't actually done anything wrong. I like John's idea alot for this reason, because it gives the ganker more of what he wants while not turning the remaining game world into a chaotic apocalyptic gank fest all the time. I side on longer prison sentences with good prison content. And maybe less so on escape mechanics.