Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 30, 2017
Reactions
616 18 3
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
Who in here is making money of internet numbers? I have some questions for you.

Tod Maddux

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 30, 2017
Reactions
616 18 3
@BioXide , going to the conference in PR next month? I have some friends who are making their own platform, trying to see if it is worth investing. Seems too good to be true.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
313 8 0
Guns of the Conclave
@BioXide , going to the conference in PR next month? I have some friends who are making their own platform, trying to see if it is worth investing. Seems too good to be true.
Nah not going, I work with a company that has their own platform built specifically for gaming using smart contracts. I researched a lot, bought bitcoin, mined different coins and such, at the moment I'm just investing x amount every month to my Hashflare contracts to passively gain bitcoin and hold it for the long term. Even with the crypto crash, I'm still seeing profits but I'm looking at a long term investment for this. It really depends what you want to do, I'd recommend you do extensive research before making a move.

Tod Maddux

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 30, 2017
Reactions
616 18 3
Im looking at WIRE coin. https://socialwallet.io/ Looks pretty neat, they have a working platform, which is more than I see from other coins. I just dont like dumping money on internet numbers.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
313 8 0
Guns of the Conclave
Im looking at WIRE coin. https://socialwallet.io/ Looks pretty neat, they have a working platform, which is more than I see from other coins. I just dont like dumping money on internet numbers.
Get some play money (money you can lose and not affect you) and just start investing in different stuff, the good thing with alt coins is the possibility of them one day blowing up and reaching 1000% profits, but nobody knows what's going to happen on the crypto space. I just decided to stick with bitcoin and invest passively each month, charts show that it will continue to grow, despite the crashes, so that's my strategy :p

Egroeg

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 10, 2017
Area 69, Antarctica
Reactions
131 4 1
The Syndicate
What's your questions? I was in it years and years ago when it was worth $9 and you could mine 1BTC a week. Sadly I didn't become one of the recent millionaires as I sold all mine (113btc) at the $700 spike a couple years ago (got a good amount but fuck), wouldn't think it'd go ever higher than that. Kind of back into it again to see if I can get lucky this time and make up for my mistake. Into some ICO's, discussions, groups, invested in a good amount of altcoins and apart of a couple trading platforms.

Jord

Project Manager

Staff member
Management
Lead Level Designer
Jun 1, 2017
Oxford, UK
Reactions
141 1 0
Avalon
Enterprises
What's your questions? I was in it years and years ago when it was worth $9 and you could mine 1BTC a week. Sadly I didn't become one of the recent millionaires as I sold all mine (113btc) at the $700 spike a couple years ago (got a good amount but fuck), wouldn't think it'd go ever higher than that. Kind of back into it again to see if I can get lucky this time and make up for my mistake. Into some ICO's, discussions, groups, invested in a good amount of altcoins and apart of a couple trading platforms.
That's gotta be a hard pill to swallow that you'd be a millionaire now lol.

TheJoker

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Sep 20, 2017
Australia
Reactions
88 3 2
Guns of the Conclave
I'm in XRP at the moment and a couple of smaller ones bought at 0.25 had a massive jump to 3.40 now its back down to 0.90 its all about timing. The exchanges here in Aus are pretty good there really trying to get the regulators approval.

Egroeg

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 10, 2017
Area 69, Antarctica
Reactions
131 4 1
The Syndicate
That's gotta be a hard pill to swallow that you'd be a millionaire now lol.
lol it was, but it's made me pay more attention now and I hope I don't repeat that again. Woulda been nice tho, maybe could've donated a sum to MR :kappa:

I'm in XRP at the moment and a couple of smaller ones bought at 0.25 had a massive jump to 3.40 now its back down to 0.90 its all about timing. The exchanges here in Aus are pretty good there really trying to get the regulators approval.
I am as well, small ones are the way to go if you have a small investment or even a decent one, you can get a decent amount at cheap and like Joker said it's literally just timing.

I'd say the best strat for now is to get in now on some alts and good icos and wait, long term, year or two maybe three.

Jul 5, 2018
Reactions
1 0 0
The Syndicate
I've been buying some ADA. The technology is behind it based on my small research but mostly based on the large research by a friend of mine lol.

Nov 5, 2017
Reactions
22 0 0
Terran Defense Corps
Some altcoins are looking very tempting again. XRP and NEO really went down a lot for example, might be a good time to buy in again before the next alt season.

Just wish my country wasn't a pain in the ass when it comes to taxes on crypto currencies... ATM if you make any kind of big money on crypto you lose over 60% of it on taxes. Complete insanity.

Last edited:

TheJoker

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Sep 20, 2017
Australia
Reactions
88 3 2
Guns of the Conclave
Some altcoins are looking very tempting again. XRP and NEO really went down a lot for example, might be a good time to buy in again before the next alt season.

Just wish my country wasn't a pain in the ass when it comes to taxes on crypto currencies... ATM if you make any kind of big money on crypto you lose over 60% of it on taxes. Complete insanity.
Crikey!, it counts towards our income tax here so not as ruthless but the payable tax drops after the first year by a bit so good to hold for at least a year.