- Jun 1, 2017
Service Points: 0
First off I hope everyone has had their fair share of happiness and good fortune in 2017. Looking back at last year, it is truly astonishing what we were able to accomplish with Mankind Reborn in such a short time-span. While we have yet to reach our Alpha stage, it is safe to say we've come very far in terms of implementing some of our core mechanics and establishing a firm presence — in other words, eagerly shouting that we are here and here to stay. The fact that it is so, is entirely thanks to the support our community, you, has given us and our talented, motivated staff team.
But enough of the chitchat, let's jump into the nitty-gritty of it all.
For the past two weeks, @Khimarra has been doing an excellent job sculpting and texturing our new character models, male and female, both of which are completely done as we speak. While the plan is to have various faces, hair styles and extras, such as tattoo, cybernetics and what have you, to choose from — what we have right now is a very solid foundation from which we can expand upon.
@BioXide and @capseaslug joined forces and redid the entire main menu, both the background and user interface. We think we managed to get the scene and feel just about right.
The new menu resembles Lower Union City, and thus we needed to actually create and design the city. Below is a small preview of what to expect when venturing through these alleyways. Lower Union City will be fully available in the game.
We strongly felt that it was important to maintain consistency among our faction logos. This is why we asked Capseaslug to revise the old North Star Mining logo to a more fitting version.
While our testing sessions went relatively smooth, a few bugs snuck through the cracks — let’s say they aren’t an issue anymore. We still have a lot of work to do in terms of fixing a bunch of additional bugs, but we're getting there!
We have also massively improved performance on a bunch of core systems by revising the code.
- Re-worked the options menu, now all settings work as intended and they get saved to an .ini file.
- The game will automatically scale your graphics when first started
- Added an anti-cheat system to the game, this should hopefully prevent all known memory injections
- Added customizable keybinding support
- Production yields now shows the correct yield
- Production tasks will not disappear when logging off
- Fixed the loading screen issue where the character appeared unloaded
- Item Information display revised to work better with multiple slots
- Massively improved performance while in storage with over 200+ items
- Clone counter (Clones Online) now shows the correct number
- Fixed the Hummingbird Sapphire name bug
- Fixed an issue where crouching would make other players crash
- Fixed an issue where the mining tool would get stuck whilst shooting
- Fixed an issue where the Delete button didn't work on inventory/storage
- PMODS now show their appropriate icons
- Revised the main menu
- Added UI art to the main menu
- Revised production terminal
- Revised market terminal
- Removed item tiers from the game (and inventory slots)
- Improved overall performance
- And much more!