Discussion about CorpSec

Ren Astarot

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
May 13, 2020
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
Hello, after taking some time to discuss ideas and information involving the CPC, I was included into a conversation that involves corporate security. From what I gathered, the conversation was to allow Corporate security(or Corpsec from now on) to temporarily detained players for a limited amount of time, so that CPC can show up and arrest the individual in question. After the conversation with the individuals in question, the concern was brought up that allowing such mechanic could help stem and reduce a problem from FoM, in which the Police force would show up to a gun battle and simply arrest everyone on sight, in which would create an atmosphere of distrust and anger towards the Space Police force in question by all involved parties.

I have posted this suggestion here to allow other people to provide their input on the matter, and to be frank...It far easier to keep track of ideas on a forum than it is on a chat program.

arav

Dweller

Silver Donator
Apr 29, 2020
Guns of the Conclave
Thanks for the post. I actually like this idea.

Question: Where would CorpSec have the privilege to temporarily detain players?

Venture Jones

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 29, 2017
Arizona
Avalon Enterprises
Question: Where would CorpSec have the privilege to temporarily detain players?
My guess would be only their worlds/areas. If it is a CPC primary world then I'd guess CPC would be in control fully, etc with the rest of other primary control worlds. The CorpSec would have to have permissions for those worlds for a time frame, or select areas, for some time too.

Reactions: arav

arav

Dweller

Silver Donator
Apr 29, 2020
Guns of the Conclave
My guess would be only their worlds/areas. If it is a CPC primary world then I'd guess CPC would be in control fully, etc with the rest of other primary control worlds. The CorpSec would have to have permissions for those worlds for a time frame, or select areas, for some time too.
Makes sense to me. I like it.

Sam Lysander

Taxpayer

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Oct 23, 2018
Arizona
Oda Zaibatsu
It would make sense that Corpsec should have some way to detain an individual, though traditionally they are just sent to cloning. Would take a bit of thought to come up with exactly what would be the best way to implement, for some reason though I imagine one of the corps throwing them into a gulag to mine for them would be hilarious, but exploitable, as everything could potentially turn out to be.

Reactions: Venture Jones

Hepopotan

Dweller

Jul 24, 2017
ya mum's hut
Civil Protection Commission
I don't see how CorpSec would lessen the hate on the CPC as they would be still the primary arresting force and stun gun users. Instead, I think CorpSec would just spread around the annoyance further by detaining players and the mechanic would probably be abused too (LED did this all the time by provoking players to jail them on crime points, I don't see why CorpSec wouldn't either?). Frankly, I think that it has more to do with under hauling the aspect of how one gains crime points/what constitutes as an offence than giving a detain ability out to other factions.

Also detainment is already possible with the use of continuous stunning. Maybe just make the stun guns available to all factions besides CPC and stun recovery slower to allow the CPC to get there. Also recommend some kind of world global indicator on a world that could alert nearby CPC that someone was unconscious, though I definitely see this being abused if implemented, too.

Ren Astarot

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
May 13, 2020
Terran Defense Corps
I personally, do not support this idea.

1: In my personal opinion, corp sec with the ability to arrest steps all over the toes of the CPC, and my personal belief is that it up to the Corps to come up with a good response policy, just like in the real world. We have places that have both armed and unarmed security personal, I don't see why corps can't do the same for their own turfs. Now that we have a civilian sector, it double important for come up with ways to encourage and impress people over to their side, and to stay. I don't feel that Corps should be handed a easy way out with their own personal jail, regardless of how little time you spend in there.

2: In corp sec wars, this gives a massive advantage to the defenders as they can knock people out with a predictable amount of time. If you can knock out and arrest and entire wave of attackers, then you know you have X amount of time before that wave can attack again.

3: This discourages cooperation between Corps and CPC, because. "Well we can just take care of everything ourself, you can just send a guy to pick them up."

Reactions: Hepopotan

arav

Dweller

Silver Donator
Apr 29, 2020
Guns of the Conclave
I personally, do not support this idea.
1: ...
2: ...
3: ...
These are all very valid points, and have actually swayed me that there is probably a better way than CorpsSec. The idea is cool, but it can be far too abused.

Sawyer Anderson

Dilettante

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Sitka, Alaska
Oda Zaibatsu
It should be personal choice of the corps want to go with cpc. Look at walt Disney they will detain people in their own jail till the real popo shoes up

Reactions: Venture Jones

John White

Helpful Citizen

Supporting Donator
Jul 23, 2018
Oda Zaibatsu
Colony upgrades are still on the menu, right?
What if corps had ability to construct detention facility on owned world giving them ability to arrest. Make it expensive to upkeep and PP is worked off twice as fast, or something like that.

JeffDillinger

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 27, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Colony upgrades are still on the menu, right?
What if corps had ability to construct detention facility on owned world giving them ability to arrest. Make it expensive to upkeep and PP is worked off twice as fast, or something like that.
Big no, this'll get abused to hell for working off PP.

I don't see any way where giving stuns/arrest abilities to other factions will not be abused at some point or another. Granted, the CPC might abuse them but that's another discussion to be had, granting everyone the means to abuse won't solve that either.

I feel that corpsec should just send people to cloning. Give people a way to report committed crimes to the CPC and give the CPC the ability to hunt for certain individuals for a certain amount of time on colonies.

John White

Helpful Citizen

Supporting Donator
Jul 23, 2018
Oda Zaibatsu
Big no, this'll get abused to hell for working off PP.

I don't see any way where giving stuns/arrest abilities to other factions will not be abused at some point or another. Granted, the CPC might abuse them but that's another discussion to be had, granting everyone the means to abuse won't solve that either.

I feel that corpsec should just send people to cloning. Give people a way to report committed crimes to the CPC and give the CPC the ability to hunt for certain individuals for a certain amount of time on colonies.
right, didn't think that through.
What I had in mind was to make corp sec version an inferior one to the CPC while also being costly enough so they can't do it on every world or without a good reason.
I'll throw in another idea, while I'm at it.
Allow corpsec to arrest if CPC is not able to cope with the crime on the colony. Like if crime on the planet is above 70% Corp Sec gets authorization to preform arrests as well. Just an idea.

Overall, it's a thing to consider. Nobody wants one faction to be universally hated for exclusive mechanic. Maybe test it out at one point if public opinion will shift against CPC and see if it lessens the impact.