Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 12, 2017
Reactions
58 0 0
The Syndicate
Service Points: 2
The one on the left here gives me a Caldari Heavy vibe, do want.

On not having colour coded armor or uniforms, I think that's better. The problem originally was when we went to the new armor and had factions defined by their colour. No longer was the game about interacting with individual players but treating them as a single unified faction. Obviously I'd like a way to tell the difference between two guys wearing the exact same clothing, like your mission group having a slight coloured outline or something (perhaps from an eye implant?). But I'd limit it there. Lets say a faction has some internal beef, I'd like to not be spotted by people just because they joined the same faction.

GeeKay

Clone

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 1, 2017
Reactions
1 0 0
No Faction
Service Points: 0
Original FoM distinguished Clans from corps from GD by type of clothing, and to a small extent, by color.

For example, AC / EC had distinctive black trench coats, or brighter colored suits, where AE/CMG had off-black or black/purple trench coats or more standard colored suits, but that is kind of splitting hairs, they originally did not have badges. Badges were added because of the difficulty of distinguishing corp from corp and clan from clan.

Also to the guy who said that 09-11 fom is best fom. No. just no.

I'd love to see some exoskeleton armor, stuff that can be hidden under clothes but adds a little bulk, lightweight stuff.

David Martins

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 18, 2017
Reactions
3 2 0
No Faction
I just hope there will be faction specific colouring for armor, FotD raped and defiled that concept by making it possible for anyone to use any factions color and fuck up trageting, spying, immersion ect ect.

Apr 19, 2018
Reactions
0 0 0
No Faction
What about like patches? Like putting a "hardpoint" on various armor elements that could display a faction's logo in the form of a patch? Look at this example of U.S. Army brigade/division patches.

Like put an area for that on a chestplate or shoulder pad. MR is obviously more graphically complex than FoM so higher polycount and more detailed textures could make this system feasible as not everything at a distance will be a blur of grey necessarily. Or is this straying into faction custom armor content?

Rian Felix

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Apr 21, 2018
Ghent, Belgium
Reactions
7 0 0
Civil Protection Commission
There won't be factional armor, I am open to the possibility of adding cosmetic armor mods that slightly modify the appearance and colors, so factional colors might be picked based on preference, but that will come later on after testing and community feedback, because it's a double edged sword
I despised the times when FOM had armour with "free colours". I would much rather see specific colours for factions instead of everyone picking the same one and everything being pure chaos

Jul 1, 2017
Reactions
47 4 0
Civil Protection Commission
I despised the times when FOM had armour with "free colours". I would much rather see specific colours for factions instead of everyone picking the same one and everything being pure chaos
This is an understated and underappreciated concept. Faction ARMOR should be color coded. Clothes should be FFA. Give a "neutral" armor (same stats as faction armor, color=black? I'm thinking how MiB functioned in FoM). You can maybe pass as a faction wearing clothes resembling them (not exact tone) and neutral armor. Maybe give multiple shades of neutral armor, but sort of faded versions of the real armor.

BÅĒTA

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Reactions
12 1 0
The Syndicate
This is an understated and underappreciated concept. Faction ARMOR should be color coded. Clothes should be FFA. Give a "neutral" armor (same stats as faction armor, color=black? I'm thinking how MiB functioned in FoM). You can maybe pass as a faction wearing clothes resembling them (not exact tone) and neutral armor. Maybe give multiple shades of neutral armor, but sort of faded versions of the real armor.
Yes.

Jord

Project Manager

Staff member
Management
Lead Level Designer
Jun 1, 2017
Oxford, UK
Reactions
141 1 0
Avalon
Enterprises
What about like patches? Like putting a "hardpoint" on various armor elements that could display a faction's logo in the form of a patch? Look at this example of U.S. Army brigade/division patches.

Like put an area for that on a chestplate or shoulder pad. MR is obviously more graphically complex than FoM so higher polycount and more detailed textures could make this system feasible as not everything at a distance will be a blur of grey necessarily. Or is this straying into faction custom armor content?
Really like the idea of customisable decals on armour. This is something we've talked about internally and is planned so hopefully we'll have some of this.

Cadonez

Advocate

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 29, 2017
Brumpapa
Reactions
227 14 0
The Syndicate
Faction coded armor. Give a large spectrum of colors that can be used, from bright to a muted sense.

Hesphos

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 6, 2017
Reactions
84 0 0
North Star Mining
I personally don't like it.

It looks too threatening for corpsec and the police not to mention it looks hard to mass produce.

I much prefer things in the style of these instead of trying too hard to look edgy and cyberpunk.

Apr 17, 2018
Reactions
3 1 0
Terran Defense Corps
Not really a fan to be honest. Really reminds me of Blacklight Tango Down soldier armour which is a lot more 'shoot-em-up' than necessary IMO. I'm actually more of a fan of the current armor in the combat tests. I really like the visor/patrol look.