Discussion: Development Update #1

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
609
Antwerp, BE
Reactions
501 10 2
Avalon
Enterprises
Service Points: 2400
#1
Feel free to discuss our development update!

http://www.mankindreborn.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=727#p727
 

RadishGamma

Advocate

Contributor
Jun 9, 2017
219
Reactions
48 2 0
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
#2
We want to hear from the community, what are your thoughts and feelings so far?
 

Egroeg

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 10, 2017
142
Area 69, Antarctica
Reactions
131 4 1
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
#3
I'm loving the list of factions and they all seems to cover an aspect to the game and fit well.

I have no problem with a Mercenary and Criminal Organization being their own Faction, although I can see it somehow implemented within the Civilian/Government Faction as Sub-Groups to be created/joined by individuals coming together. (Like cells/gangs)

Maybe that could work better with the Mercenary/PMC type groups to be created under the Civilian Faction, but an Underground group should exist (like how BoS was). Where it's a collective group of 'Criminals', or those that wish to 'live the underground life'. Then of course within that Sub-Groups can be made for different gangs who may at sometimes compete with one another and can set their own goals but also follow under as one. (Basically how BoS was or something like the Triads if you played Sleeping Dogs and even the Triad gang had the Red Poles at war with one another at times)


I love the progress on models and the various amounts of clothes and armor that'll be available along with smooth animations. Keep up the bug fixes and I can't wait to test what yall got :D
 
Jun 1, 2017
92
Reactions
6 0 0
No Faction
Service Points: 0
#4
Egroeg post_id=734 time=1497737302 user_id=137 said:
I'm loving the list of factions and they all seems to cover an aspect to the game and fit well.

I have no problem with a Mercenary and Criminal Organization being their own Faction, although I can see it somehow implemented within the Civilian/Government Faction as Sub-Groups to be created/joined by individuals coming together. (Like cells/gangs)

Maybe that could work better with the Mercenary/PMC type groups to be created under the Civilian Faction, but an Underground group should exist (like how BoS was). Where it's a collective group of 'Criminals', or those that wish to 'live the underground life'. Then of course within that Sub-Groups can be made for different gangs who may at sometimes compete with one another and can set their own goals but also follow under as one. (Basically how BoS was or something like the Triads if you played Sleeping Dogs and even the Triad gang had the Red Poles at war with one another at times)


I love the progress on models and the various amounts of clothes and armor that'll be available along with smooth animations. Keep up the bug fixes and I can't wait to test what yall got :D
We have a work around for civilians and such once we finish it, It will be shown.! :D
 

Trinity

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
46
Las Vegas, NV
Reactions
19 0 0
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
#5
Let's see... The graphics are nice. I like how MotB is a "Private Military Company, it shows how Mercs should be... Hired not gankers!!!! Will there be different departments in the factions? (As Egg said)

Why is there an Asian and a European group? Is that an RP thing?

The most important thing, can I please have some cute clothes?
 
Jun 1, 2017
92
Reactions
6 0 0
No Faction
Service Points: 0
#6
Trinity post_id=739 time=1497740342 user_id=165 said:
Let's see... The graphics are nice. I like how MotB is a "Private Military Company, it shows how Mercs should be... Hired not gankers!!!! Will there be different departments in the factions? (As Egg said)

Why is there an Asian and a European group? Is that an RP thing?

The most important thing, can I please have some cute clothes?
Pics on the kind of clothes you want, we need ideas.
 
Jun 2, 2017
272
Pittsburgh
Reactions
49 2 1
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
#7
For the mercenary group, right now it sounds a bit more like a support group for those with a fetish for private security and less like a company. Something that might be trying to pass off as a security organisation as opposed to what they really are, mercenaries, might look a bit better imo (And would fit the cyberpunk theme a bit better imo, all about deception and oppression and what-not)


[quote="Sir Blood Buske" post_id=740 time=1497740385 user_id=2]
Pics on the kind of clothes you want, we need ideas.
[/quote]
As for clothes.







(this one in particular I think would look nice for mercs/the military, but is a bit more armor than it is clothing so wHOOPS)



(Something like this would look really nice for the anarchists imo)


^That general style.
 

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
477
Manhattan
Reactions
323 5 0
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
#8
Trinity post_id=739 time=1497740342 user_id=165 said:
Will there be different departments in the factions? (As Egg said)
At this time all of the planned factions have different departments (we're starting them with some 'premades' from a lore point of view, but after game start, it's really up to the players to decide what to do with them.

Trinity post_id=739 time=1497740342 user_id=165 said:
Why is there an Asian and a European group? Is that an RP thing?
Avalon isn't really European it's English (we left yah know :lol: ) but really it's just how the lore ended up as we were writing it. Most of the areas of the world are represented if not by a major corp than by a minor one in the game lore. Generally, though we start with a concept (production corp, trading corp, laser gun manufacturer, etc.) and then think of a name that works and develop a lore around that.

Avalon, for instance, was a reference to AE from old FoM once the name was decided it didn't make sense to have it based anywhere but the UK (what with the Arthurian connotations).
 

Safwan

Advocate

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 1, 2017
209
Reactions
170 3 0
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
#11
Civil Protection it is



I do like the name 'Civil Protection Commission' as it's names suggest they are more than just cops, which is what the LED was.

The CPC not only directly handles Policing duties but also Custodial Duties (prison duties) and potentially Custom & Excise issues as well. (If you're dealing in dodgy gear off of the black market the CPC will now have a specialist team out to located you.)
 

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
382
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
318 11 0
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 0
#12
Trinity post_id=759 time=1497765172 user_id=165 said:
BioXide post_id=758 time=1497762409 user_id=48 said:
nobody has noticed lol
What, that your face is on the banner? I don't know what I'm supposed to notice...
the air is moist
 

RadishGamma

Advocate

Contributor
Jun 9, 2017
219
Reactions
48 2 0
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
#13
Safwan post_id=760 time=1497767731 user_id=66 said:
Civil Protection it is



I do like the name 'Civil Protection Commission' as it's names suggest they are more than just cops, which is what the LED was.

The CPC not only directly handles Policing duties but also Custodial Duties (prison duties) and potentially Custom & Excise issues as well. (If you're dealing in dodgy gear off of the black market the CPC will now have a specialist team out to located you.)
I do like the name 'Civil Protection Commission' as it's names suggest they are more than just cops, which is what the LED was.

The CPC not only directly handles Policing duties but also Custodial Duties (prison duties) and potentially Custom & Excise issues as well. (If you're dealing in dodgy gear off of the black market the CPC will now have a specialist team out to locate you.)
 

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
477
Manhattan
Reactions
323 5 0
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
#14
BioXide post_id=761 time=1497768296 user_id=48 said:
Trinity post_id=759 time=1497765172 user_id=165 said:
BioXide post_id=758 time=1497762409 user_id=48 said:
nobody has noticed lol
What, that your face is on the banner? I don't know what I'm supposed to notice...
the air is moist
I really just don't think they'll notice
 

Banjo

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
92
Reactions
107 0 0
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
#15
BioXide post_id=758 time=1497762409 user_id=48 said:
nobody has noticed lol
the moist-meter? surely that's just there for the lulz.
 

RadishGamma

Advocate

Contributor
Jun 9, 2017
219
Reactions
48 2 0
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
#18
Ferin post_id=777 time=1497802655 user_id=168 said:
Interesting project so far.

Will FDC and LED be separate factions?
Yes, in my opinion there has to be a distinction between the police and the military.
 

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
695
Virginia, USA
Reactions
422 12 1
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
#19
The helmets seem a little big so to speak.

I guess the question looming over the factions is structure of leadership and responsibilities. I don't mean who exactly is in charge, but rather how are they in charge and how many of them are there? Will they all be a r0-r7 type deal or will each have a diversity in how it's structured/controlled? It was a bit weird to me with all the ranks in all factions in FoM where some seemed like they're only need a few specific ones outside of LED/FDC.

Second question in the same regards, will people all start out factionless so to speak or can they be auto-placed in a faction at the start?

[quote="Sir Blood Buske" post_id=740 time=1497740385 user_id=2]
Trinity post_id=739 time=1497740342 user_id=165 said:
Let's see... The graphics are nice. I like how MotB is a "Private Military Company, it shows how Mercs should be... Hired not gankers!!!! Will there be different departments in the factions? (As Egg said)

Why is there an Asian and a European group? Is that an RP thing?

The most important thing, can I please have some cute clothes?
Pics on the kind of clothes you want, we need ideas.
[/quote]


In regards to the mercenary faction, the name should represent that it's made up of individuals/groups under an umbrella name. For example, League of Fortune, Conglomerate of Fortune, or something similar so to speak.(brain farting on more things at the moment). Of course, if the mercenary faction will have cells and freelancers again with the faction just a representation of the whole.

The same thought process could apply to the criminal faction allowing multiple groups and avenues to be available such as mafias, triads, gangs, etc under a single banner yet individual at the same time.
 

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
609
Antwerp, BE
Reactions
501 10 2
Avalon
Enterprises
Service Points: 2400
#20
Shakespears post_id=795 time=1497831744 user_id=153 said:
Second question in the same regards, will people all start out factionless so to speak or can they be auto-placed in a faction at the start?
All players will start off as a Citizen of Terran, which is basically the civilian "faction" and their rank within society. Players would have to complete a basic tutorial of how Mankind Reborn exactly works after which they receive the option to affiliate themselves with one of the factions OR choose the remain solo.