So we playing wizard 101 basically

Safwan

Enthusiast

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 1, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
It's so good to see MR taking upon core principals and mechanics of FoM while also integrating original ideas at the same time. I'm honestly loving what I'm seeing.

Also does this mean that we've decided never to kickstart Mankind Reborn?

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
No Faction
Service Points: 2400
It's so good to see MR taking upon core principals and mechanics of FoM while also integrating original ideas at the same time. I'm honestly loving what I'm seeing.

Also does this mean that we've decided never to kickstart Mankind Reborn?
That is correct! We'll be funding the game on our own platform.

Reactions: Viper and Safwan

Banjo

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
I like the idea of the new bionics, sounds like an interesting vay to introduce variation into the combat. Looking forward to play around with it. Bionic bunny ears as mini map scanner?

Banjo

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
This sounds very overpowered:
Blind (Light): Blind allows a psionic to temporarily blind a character for 10 points for a 1-minute effect.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
This sounds very overpowered:
Blind (Light): Blind allows a psionic to temporarily blind a character for 10 points for a 1-minute effect.
Psionics will likely receive a gameplay pass before the implementation begins, it's mainly just lore & speculation at the moment, I haven't had a chance to go over them and refactor them into what's really going to be implemented into the game, so I apologize beforehand if it looks somewhat outlandish at the moment.

The elements, points and all that will likely be refactored into what's currently in-game, the attacks will either be Ballistic or Energy, the buffs/debuffs will essentially implement status effects, similar to boosters/food/medical items.

Psionics offer a different playstyle, by opting into installing the psionic arms, you give up firearms in exchange for psionic abilities, which essentially act the same as firearms (the only difference would be that instead of using ammo, you'll use psionic power per attack).

There will be hitscan and projectile based psionics and they'll be balanced enough so the outcome of firearms vs psionic users will boil down to the player's skill.

David Martins

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 18, 2017
No Faction
Yeah so im claiming ownership of this kick ass, cool looking bar/dance club on mars.

Now hiring future bouncers, female "dancers", bartenders and the occasional magician for entertainment.

PM me with your applications.

Suggestions for a name of the club is welcome aswell.

David Martins Future Night Club

All in all, very nice dev update.

Tornadium

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 1, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 5
Incredibly impressive, Starting to really get genuinely hyped for this project.

Impreval

Clone

Alpha Tester
Patron
Feb 8, 2018
Hmm. So you are going towards the Neocron section? I am not sure how to think about that supernatural/ paranormal aspect.
Throwing Lava or pushing demons to your enemies would be a bit too crazy I guess.
Everything else is actually super amazing! Good job guys!

InterCityFirmWhu

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 4, 2017
The Syndicate
Everytime I see a new dev update i just have the sudden urge to orgasm.

noma

Clone

Jan 26, 2019
No Faction
Genuinely excited to see more progress. Keep it up!

macmardigan

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 28, 2017
Followers of Eternity
How fast is the psionic reload animation compared to the conventional reload?
How much does a psionic reload weight compared to a conventional one?
And the powers? Because right now it seems like a way of having three "guns" for the weight of one (the arm implant) and not having to bother to manage different types of ammunition.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
How fast is the psionic reload animation compared to the conventional reload?
How much does a psionic reload weight compared to a conventional one?
And the powers? Because right now it seems like a way of having three "guns" for the weight of one (the arm implant) and not having to bother to manage different types of ammunition.
There is no reload animation, it runs off psi power, you can get around 25-30 shots before having to wait for regen (that's if you spam it constantly). If you wear psi regen gear & boosters, you'll bump it up to 45+ shots. Regen is pretty quick so you just gotta wait a second or two after fully draining it.

Psi has the benefits of less weight but the implant & shards are really expensive, wearing heavy armor will reduce your regen as well.

Here's an early look on how the psi attacks perform in-game, same thing as weapons tbh, except there's a slight delay on attacks due to the animation and it runs off psi power instead of ammo.

Last edited:

LordAdder

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 24, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 1
Kind of sad that the pillows on this couch aren't one of those Doodle pillows you can draw on

Hari Seldon

Advocate

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
No Faction
The Warrior of the dystonian future-

Love it though

Scavy

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Feb 1, 2019
I haven't been excited for a game in years, I'm looking forward to seeing this come out. Seems like it has a lot of the feel of FOM.