Tod Maddux

Advocate

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 30, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
first

Why put idiots in control of LED and FDC?

Reactions: Drakxon

Tornadium

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 1, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 5
Man it feels good to be the king

That said I don't know most of the people listed. In fairness that's probably a good thing.

Reactions: Viper and Necidious

Scavy

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Feb 1, 2019
Heyo congrats to everyone who got a position! Really on us to start making this game last long term and finding a great balance of play.

Spastique

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 30, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
That's sick, but what happened to Che leading FoE?

InterCityFirmWhu

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 4, 2017
The Syndicate
Cool Update. Dont give a fuck about ranks tbh lets just get in game and merk out.

Safwan

Enthusiast

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 1, 2017
I'm glad I've been given the opportunity to lead CPC with such a great roster of great leaders. I'm willing to work everyone to make CPC the faction everyone wants it to be. Glad to see some great names leadership for other factions, willing to work with y'all to create great content for our respective factions.

Congrats on all those selected.

PS: Great dev blog.

Randolff Charger

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Aug 11, 2017
North Star
Mining
I really didn't think I'd get picked, but hey I'll take my old job back as r5 of a mining guild. Oh the days of afk ecoing, and making tons of money. Cannot wait to be back to leading the markets ^.^
Congrats to everyone who got picked

Reactions: Safwan

PhoenixMask

Dilettante

Contributor
Jun 2, 2017
Great list of leaders!
Although I don't see any faction mechanics being discussed on the dev blog, unless you interviewed all these people so they could test the faction chat?

EDIT: lol the guy above praising "afk ecoing" as an r5, as if it was healthy for the game

Randolff Charger

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Aug 11, 2017
North Star
Mining
Not saying it was healthy, but alot of fun times in faction chat, as you just stood there waiting for a timer. I'm glad there will be immersiveness to ecoing this time around, but the old methods had their perks.

Tornadium

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 1, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 5
I'm glad I've been given the opportunity to lead CPC with such a great roster of great leaders. I'm willing to work everyone to make CPC the faction everyone wants it to be. Glad to see some great names leadership for other factions, willing to work with y'all to create great content for our respective factions.

Congrats on all those selected.

PS: Great dev blog.
Looking forward to working along side you my dude.

Hit me up on Discord so we can have a chat when you can.

Joshua Jones

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Contributor
Jul 10, 2018
first

Why put idiots in control of LED and FDC?
Dev Blog said:
Superintendent Joshua Jones of the Custodial Detention Division department - Pending Interview
I know whos going to be visiting my showers first.

Spectre

Dweller

Patron
Dec 14, 2017
T.U.S. Nova Prime
Terran Defense Corps
I'm not really interested in becoming High Command in the TDC, but R4 is pretty appealing to me. In the future will there be applications for this position or will it be up to the R5+ to promote people based on their preferences? As far as I'm aware R4 is kind of an in-between position, not quite fitting the NCO rank, but also not high enough to be High Command, and so really gives itself the all around "Officer" role. Any thoughts?

Roger Sigma

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 13, 2017
Good luck all. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Reactions: Safwan

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
In the future will there be applications for this position or will it be up to the R5+ to promote people based on their preferences?
Non-HC roles will be up to the faction HCs to decide when those mechanics are made available to them.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
Great list of leaders!
Although I don't see any faction mechanics being discussed on the dev blog, unless you interviewed all these people so they could test the faction chat?

EDIT: lol the guy above praising "afk ecoing" as an r5, as if it was healthy for the game
"However, due to a shortage of time, we had chosen to reschedule some of the mechanics in favor of the game's stability and playability."
As much as I'd like to jump into faction mechanics and get world takeovers/FBs going, there are other things that must be prioritized. What's the point of being able to initiate a takeover, start missions, manage the factions when the servers/clients crash? Or when other core gameplay mechanic fails? Or simply the game itself is not fun?

Players can RP some mechanics for now, such as missions or doing takeovers by just chatting and declaring their intent. By starting to gather our initial HC now, even when there's not much mechanics to support factions, we can start fleshing out the faction's identities with the community.