Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Reactions
527 11 2
No Faction
Service Points: 2400
Read the full blog here: http://www.mankindreborn.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=257

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
Reactions
436 13 1
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
Glad to see Jord's putting extra care into his most familiar area, Cloning.

Regarding the login stuff, will it be the same accounts as forums or complete new ones for the game?

Jun 1, 2017
Reactions
6 0 0
No Faction
Shakespears post_id=2037 time=1499184969 user_id=153 said:

Regarding the login stuff, will it be the same accounts as forums or complete new ones for the game?
Forum account.

Jul 3, 2017
Reactions
10 0 0
No Faction
Shakespears post_id=2037 time=1499184969 user_id=153 said:
Have some rep my good sir

Jade Star

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 28, 2017
Reactions
67 1 0
Avalon
Enterprises
Cloning area looks cool, cloning is going to be like original where everyone goes to one cloning room? It was great for finding new players and helping them out giving them some kind of direction cause trust I'd be in cloning more times then I'd like to admit.

Kwisatz Haderach

Game Designer

Staff member
Content Editor
Jun 14, 2017
London, UK
Reactions
149 2 0
No Faction
I sadly never visited the facility in old FoM so I'm excited to finally see some footage of its successor.

Jord

Project Manager

Staff member
Management
Lead Level Designer
Jun 1, 2017
Oxford, UK
Reactions
143 2 0
Avalon
Enterprises
[quote="Jade Star" post_id=2057 time=1499192172 user_id=213]
Cloning area looks cool, cloning is going to be like original where everyone goes to one cloning room? It was great for finding new players and helping them out giving them some kind of direction cause trust I'd be in cloning more times then I'd like to admit.
[/quote]

Yup it'll feel very familiar to the cloning you're used to.

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
Reactions
436 13 1
Jord post_id=2093 time=1499202644 user_id=60 said:
[quote="Jade Star" post_id=2057 time=1499192172 user_id=213]
Yup it'll feel very familiar to the cloning I'm used to.
[/quote]

Corrected that for you

Jun 2, 2017
Pittsburgh
Reactions
50 2 1
Terran Defense Corps
It looks good, really good, lotta progress. Only thing I noticed about cloning is that it looks really... glossy, the lighting is a bit weird and gives half of the objects an artificial shine and the other half are very dark, but I'm sure the end product will look good.

Also I see no issue with crouching putting you halfway through the floor, that's how it works IRL, right?

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
360 21 0
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
NoahKirchner post_id=2097 time=1499202942 user_id=80 said:
It looks good, really good, lotta progress. Only thing I noticed about cloning is that it looks really... glossy, the lighting is a bit weird and gives half of the objects an artificial shine and the other half are very dark, but I'm sure the end product will look good.

Also I see no issue with crouching putting you halfway through the floor, that's how it works IRL, right?
cloning is still wip, the lights are for working, not the actual lighting that will be used

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Reactions
527 11 2
No Faction
Service Points: 2400

Keep in mind that everything is VERY early work in progress. Lightening is still something we need to work on.

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
Reactions
436 13 1
BioXide post_id=2103 time=1499203561 user_id=48 said:

cloning is still wip, the lights are for working, not the actual lighting that will be used
Hopefully the final product is going to be darker than foms, the bright lights and tons of white was a bit too much.

Jord

Project Manager

Staff member
Management
Lead Level Designer
Jun 1, 2017
Oxford, UK
Reactions
143 2 0
Avalon
Enterprises
Shakespears said:

Hopefully the final product is going to be darker than foms, the bright lights and tons of white was a bit too much.

Yup pretty much the lighting I have in my head. Won't be anywhere near as brightly lit as Foms cloning.

Jun 1, 2017
Reactions
6 0 0
No Faction

Its progress.

Jun 28, 2017
Terra Venture I
Reactions
12 0 0
No Faction
I've never been so hyped by the idea of visiting cloning. Well done Jord. Have some rep (once I log onto my laptop)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Jun 2, 2017
Pittsburgh
Reactions
50 2 1
Terran Defense Corps
Necidious post_id=2104 time=1499203844 user_id=53 said:

Keep in mind that everything is VERY early work in progress. Lightening is still something we need to work on.
[quote="Sir Blood Buske" post_id=2111 time=1499207088 user_id=2]

Its progress.
[/quote]

No yeah for sure, it looks great for a few months development, and especially so for not being a final game, some games release like that, was just bringing up that it was the only flaw i could see. And the crouch bit was a joke.

Jun 1, 2017
Reactions
6 0 0
No Faction
NoahKirchner post_id=2129 time=1499215092 user_id=80 said:

Its progress.

No yeah for sure, it looks great for a few months development, and especially so for not being a final game, some games release like that, was just bringing up that it was the only flaw i could see. And the crouch bit was a joke.
[/quote]

The crouching part was sorta a joke.

Jord

Project Manager

Staff member
Management
Lead Level Designer
Jun 1, 2017
Oxford, UK
Reactions
143 2 0
Avalon
Enterprises
NoahKirchner said:

Its progress.

No yeah for sure, it looks great for a few months development, and especially so for not being a final game, some games release like that, was just bringing up that it was the only flaw i could see. And the crouch bit was a joke.[/quote]
No problem - Any feedback you and the rest of the community give is valued and listened to. I try to read and reply to everything I can and read the suggestion forums daily.

We are still very early on and usually people would never get show anything this early in development because it risks people giving feedback on unfinished work but we want everyone to be part of the journey with us.

We're all previous FoM players and all love this type of game and crave for that again, that's why we're so passionate about delivering something everyone will be happy with.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it up.