Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Mars
Reactions
22 0 0
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
Very nice so much updated even the interface is sick. ;)

Safwan

Advocate

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 1, 2017
Reactions
191 7 0
I love the new interface. It looks far more slick. Love the new animations.

This is excellent progress. Excited!

Jade Star

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 28, 2017
Reactions
67 1 0
Avalon
Enterprises
It's coming a long really nice. Best Sci-fi RPG Shooter 2018.

Ninkazi

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 22, 2017
Reactions
9 0 0
Guns of the Conclave
Damn good job. Thank you for making this game.

Jul 12, 2017
Reactions
0 0 0
No Faction
OMG GUYS, This is an amazing work, this game gona be sooo fuckin great.

Banjo

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Reactions
132 1 0
Terran Defense Corps
You are literally making us shoot rocks again, the worst mechanic that were ever in fom.

RIP eco.

Also that is not how you punch.
The new UI and the level atmosphere in the screenshots looks good though

maxlee93

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Mars
Reactions
22 0 0
You are literally making us shoot rocks again, the worst mechanic that were ever in fom.

RIP eco.

Also that is not how you punch.
The new UI and the level atmosphere in the screenshots looks good though
It's the sci-fi part of shooting a rock with a laser, what you want it to be banging your head on the rocket to get the materials?

Banjo

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Reactions
132 1 0
Terran Defense Corps
It's the sci-fi part of shooting a rock with a laser, what you want it to be banging your head on the rocket to get the materials?
I want something that is not mind numbingly boring.

Sawyer Anderson

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Sitka, Alaska
Reactions
32 6 0
The Syndicate
he already stated there would be active and passive eco systems however passive would be under threat of destruction ect. However he also said he would never apply pre fotd Mineing terms because as someone who did a decent amount of eco THAT SHIT WAS WORSE THAN SHOOTING ROCKS

Edit : Be like let me just set it up to mine 100+ titanium and now i can't leave the colony time to afk for 6 fucking hours

Banjo

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Reactions
132 1 0
Terran Defense Corps
he already stated there would be active and passive eco systems however passive would be under threat of destruction ect. However he also said he would never apply pre fotd Mineing terms because as someone who did a decent amount of eco THAT SHIT WAS WORSE THAN SHOOTING ROCKS

Edit : Be like let me just set it up to mine 100+ titanium and now i can't leave the colony time to afk for 6 fucking hours
How is masturbating and talking shit in faction chat worse then staring at a badly textured rock surface without the ability to do anything then holding down mouse button 1 for hours. Even watching paint dry is better then that.

Also I'm not saying that they should use FOMs terminal eco, all I want is something that is fun.
And sure, there might be some yet to be shown passive mining method, but that doesn't change the fact that shooting a wall is not fun.
I could be wrong, just voicing my opinion from my own experiences.

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Reactions
527 11 2
No Faction
Service Points: 2400
How is masturbating and talking shit in faction chat worse then staring at a badly textured rock surface without the ability to do anything then holding down mouse button 1 for hours. Even watching paint dry is better then that.

Also I'm not saying that they should use FOMs terminal eco, all I want is something that is fun.
And sure, there might be some yet to be shown passive mining method, but that doesn't change the fact that shooting a wall is not fun.
While I do understand your concern, you must understand that mining for resources isn't supposed to be "fun" but instead it provides a quite satisfying reward at the end of it. It is part of a process of hard work, OR you could try the passive systems if you aren't interested in mining resources yourself.

Banjo

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Reactions
132 1 0
Terran Defense Corps
While I do understand your concern, you must understand that mining for resources isn't supposed to be "fun" but instead it provides a quite satisfying reward at the end of it. It is part of a process of hard work, OR you could try the passive systems if you aren't interested in mining resources yourself.
I understand, but disagree.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
360 21 0
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999

You're looking at the mining through fom rose tinted glasses mate, you're not "shooting", you're focusing a beam on the rock (a beam that has a lot of recoil, and overheats which prevents being able to go AFK with a macro) for a couple of seconds till it breaks a piece of the resource node and rewards you with the mineral. You're not shooting a wall as well, resource nodes are dynamically spawned on the world in specific areas, which means you'll have to be on the lookout for AI and players, also resources will have specific spots where if aimed at it will yield higher resources (a lot of games are doing this mechanic to make their gathering better).

Unless I'm missing something, is there really a way of making resource gathering a fun activity? I've already included multiple mechanics which make it more active, having to constantly move your aim down, aim at specific areas of the node and playing with the overheating, etc. What would be your ideal resource gathering mechanic that's fun?