Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 15, 2017
Reactions
29 0 0
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 0
WTF why did development ever take so long with FoM? You guys are moving along and it looks good.

Sawyer Anderson

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Sitka, Alaska
Reactions
32 5 0
The Syndicate
WTF why did development ever take so long with FoM? You guys are moving along and it looks good.
Because fom had a shit engine and I forget what duplex said but they had to recompile the whole code anytime they changed anything.

That and for a time duplex ( One person) was the only one on dev and then nexeon really didnt care.

TheJoker

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Sep 20, 2017
Australia
Reactions
88 3 2
Guns of the Conclave
Because fom had a shit engine and I forget what duplex said but they had to recompile the whole code anytime they changed anything.

That and for a time duplex ( One person) was the only one on dev and then nexeon really didnt care.
And also software has come along way for devolpment, programming languages have also gotten better and more feature rich. For example. Git hub, svn etc all make large projects alot easier to organize and create. Its a great time for indie studio's with so many tools alot of them free to use or at a low cost.

Just remember to read them Terms and conditions.....

Demetri

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 29, 2017
Ecolording on Kepler's Dome
Reactions
20 0 0
North Star Mining
Service Points: 2
Day Z had the same issue. Trying to develop a game on an outdated/crappy engine. Trying to take something you already have with limited resources and man power and transition it to a new engine is pretty difficult. Bohemia was able to pull it off in a 3 1/2 year time span because they had a lot of money and a lot of man power. Duplex did not.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
318 11 0
Guns of the Conclave
That would just cause inflation, Ideally you would want as much money to leave the economy as enters it. Given that there's already an acceptable amount of capital in play. You would ofcourse need to introduce more money into the economy as players join the game.

What I'm pointing out is that it seems like they are planning on having a big part of the gameplay about introducing money into the economy given that they want to introduce a seemingly big money sink. Which in turn would likely mean more time spent on 'quests', killing NPCs and other income generating activities rather then interacting with other players.
The actual numbers behind the scene and where and how they are mechanized, is to early for me to comment on, since u would need the full picture of the game and design.
We are not shifting the attention to pve or "quests" lol, those ideas are mainly to keep players logged in even when there's nothing else going on, we're just fixing the weak points fom had by adding more content that doesn't depend on other players, the main focus of the game is faction gameplay.

Regarding production modules and production, you'll be able to produce storage drones that follow you around which will carry all your materials. We're trying to promote more gameplay opportunities, conflict and teamwork with our ideas, inspired by games like Albion and other modern sandbox games.

maxlee93

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Mars
Reactions
22 0 0
Civil Protection Commission
This is going gucci
Now I am wondering when the stun guns going to be added....... when the weapons already added but not the cpc weapons and handcuffs.

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
Reactions
422 12 1
Civil Protection Commission
This is going gucci
Now I am wondering when the stun guns going to be added....... when the weapons already added but not the cpc weapons and handcuffs.
Is stun guns, is blue, can handcuff you but not CpC weapon. U af pp going added ok?

Oct 12, 2017
Reactions
4 0 0
No Faction
They look cool but I feel like they don't seem very "human". A lot of the community thrived off the role-playing aspect of the game and although I don't know any lore behind the game these characters seem hard to humanize. Will you be able to take this armor off and see a human face?

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Reactions
323 5 0
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
They look cool but I feel like they don't seem very "human". A lot of the community thrived off the role-playing aspect of the game and although I don't know any lore behind the game these characters seem hard to humanize. Will you be able to take this armor off and see a human face?
Yes you'll be able to walk around without armour and see a human face (in fact you'll be able to walk around naked and see a lot more)

Armour wise - the armours shown are pretty much all C3 (Combat) Armour - so the sort of thing you wear if you're expecting a fight right now. (Certainly, weight and fatigue wise you wouldn't want to wear these long).

There will be lighter (and heavier) armours available and there will be helmets that show more face.

Nov 15, 2017
Reactions
2 0 0
No Faction
Sure to piss a few people off but how about a progressive tax system? The richer you are the more taxes you pay.

Maybe someone can open a type of "Cayman Islands Bank" on Aurora to help the rich launder their cash. Which if they want to spend they'll have to smuggle by hand in relatively small amounts to a colony.

That would make for some interesting battles as the rich elites with their armies of mercs try to avoid ambush on their way back to the colonies from Aurora.

Jun 2, 2017
Pittsburgh
Reactions
49 2 1
Terran Defense Corps
Sure to piss a few people off but how about a progressive tax system? The richer you are the more taxes you pay.

Maybe someone can open a type of "Cayman Islands Bank" on Aurora to help the rich launder their cash. Which if they want to spend they'll have to smuggle by hand in relatively small amounts to a colony.

That would make for some interesting battles as the rich elites with their armies of mercs try to avoid ambush on their way back to the colonies from Aurora.
I feel like tax systems would be nice to give to the government, that way they can make friends and lose out on cash or make enemies and gain cash, tax haven included.

LordAdder

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 24, 2017
CHICAGOOOOOO
Reactions
87 0 0
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 1
You should add an option to whether actually pay the taxes or not lol.

If you pay it then everything is good.
But if you don't, ofc you'll get more money but then you are given PP for tax evasion