Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Reactions
12 1 0
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
It all looks really good those little bastards look like they need more shots to kill than the big guys

Ninkazi

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 22, 2017
Reactions
9 0 0
Guns of the Conclave
Ah man, this is looking so good. Aurora looks absolutely gorgeous. Keep up the good work guys.

I'm curious to see the sort of role play/events/objectives/benefits that will incorporate the aliens so that it's not just mindless grinding for money.

PhoenixMask

Dilettante

Contributor
Jun 2, 2017
Reactions
92 13 3
Civil Protection Commission
I know its early in development but I feel like the aliens are too much like they were in FoM. Take distance and kill them while they are moving towards you, etc

Any plans to make them more engaging to fight/more dangerous?

Spastique

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 30, 2017
Reactions
610 32 3
Terran Defense Corps
Another great dev blog, good job guys!
Also I feel like someone needs to show Gale this, she'll be well pleased with the Alien bit

creepertnt

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Apr 20, 2018
Reactions
11 0 0
Avalon
Enterprises
It all looks really good those little bastards look like they need more shots to kill than the big guys
i was worried about that as well, i think they should swap the amount of health between the two. I love the currency and alien lore and i still can't believe the devs are going to E3.
i have some other questions though, but i'm not sure if its already been answered so ill just go ahead and ask.
1. will there be more types of aliens or are those the main two that will be in game?
2. is the selection of weapons and armor going to be of a plentiful variety?
3. will the players be able to accumulate Service Points and/or Scrip for special rewards?
4. will there be voice chat later in the game?

also i love the fact that the other guy admits that the aliens look like starship troopers as well.

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Reactions
527 11 2
No Faction
Service Points: 2400
I should clarify that it's an early implementation and everything is bound to change. It's more about testing its functionality as opposed to its gameplay aspect. Tweaks and such are underway.

i still can't believe the devs are going to E3.
i have some other questions though, but i'm not sure if its already been answered so ill just go ahead and ask.
1. will there be more types of aliens or are those the main two that will be in game?
3. will the players be able to accumulate Service Points and/or Scrip for special rewards?

also i love the fact that the other guy admits that the aliens look like starship troopers as well.
We won't have a stage, but we will show off the game whenever we can.

1. Yes. More types of aliens are planned.
2. Yes. More items are planned.
3. Service Points is going to be our cash-shop currency. Cosmetics only. Scrip, on the other hand, will be issued by your faction.
4. No.

creepertnt

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Apr 20, 2018
Reactions
11 0 0
Avalon
Enterprises
I should clarify that it's an early implementation and everything is bound to change. It's more about testing its functionality as opposed to its gameplay aspect. Tweaks and such are underway.

We won't have a stage, but we will show off the game whenever we can.

1. Yes. More types of aliens are planned.
2. Yes. More items are planned.
3. Service Points is going to be our cash-shop currency. Cosmetics only. Scrip, on the other hand, will be issued by your faction.
4. No.
thanks for the info, i love the look of the game and i really hope things kick off well when it launches. id be willing to buy into the game instead of free to play but im fine with either, i just want to play lol.

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
Reactions
436 13 1
Civil Protection Commission
i was worried about that as well, i think they should swap the amount of health between the two.

In the video with the larger ones on aurora, I was in the purple armor using a high damage semi auto weapon, that's why it took less shots. At the end when we fought, you can see how hard it hits but the delay between shots makes it hard to chain.

Hard Hat Harry

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Sep 8, 2017
Reactions
120 8 0
The Syndicate
Are you guys done with eco? Noticed the focus was on aliens.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
360 21 0
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
Are you guys done with eco? Noticed the focus was on aliens.
Somewhat, we're re-designing mining rigs into mining terminals (like in old fom) and overhauling the market so players can sell/buy instead of only buying predefined items. Also we'll start balancing out production requirements, mining yields and pmod prices pretty soon as well.

Ah man, this is looking so good. Aurora looks absolutely gorgeous. Keep up the good work guys.

I'm curious to see the sort of role play/events/objectives/benefits that will incorporate the aliens so that it's not just mindless grinding for money.
Aliens will live on Getha, so that will be a hunting spot. Aliens will be one of the ways of generating income so they'll be available on Getha and other worlds so you can do missions on them and gather alien materials for crafting. They'll play a part in the game's story as it unfolds, revealing new alien types & other cool things. Also they'll dynamically spread and infect colonies close, reaching all the way to earth. Hives will be created, alongside a queen, who will keep pumping out aliens if you don't kill her and the hive, also you'll be able to farm alien eggs and infect colonies yourself.

I know its early in development but I feel like the aliens are too much like they were in FoM. Take distance and kill them while they are moving towards you, etc

Any plans to make them more engaging to fight/more dangerous?
The Aurora video was the first, first implementation of aliens, also damage dropoff wasn't a thing in that build so it was really easy to just go far and mow them down, the big aliens have received a lot of health now and they'll have some ranged attacks so they're a lot harder to kill. Right now if you don't have a group the big ones will kill you quick. The small ones are extremely fast and will attack you in hordes, they also hide from you on low health and alert others nearby.

Right now even the small ones are challenging as they are mostly in packs, aliens are still very early and we plan on improving their AI once we start testing with donators, but they're wayyyy better than fom's, even at their earliest stage.

Small ones have like 85 health, the big ones have 450, the Aurora vid is an old build.

This looks amazing, the quality of Aurora. Also the Starship troopers feeling, I hope you guys manage to get 100's of them on the planet :p
So far we've played around with like 50+ aliens on Lower (which is a lot smaller) and the game ran flawlessly, so we'll be increasing alien amounts as we iterate through them :).

HBnY

Taxpayer

Contributor
Jun 3, 2017
Reactions
4 0 0
Terran Defense Corps
so the income we get from killing aliens is by selling the materials we got? we dont get credit from directly killing the aliens?

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
360 21 0
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
so the income we get from killing aliens is by selling the materials we got? we dont get credit from directly killing the aliens?
We're still deciding and testing that internally

Skiy

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 12, 2017
Reactions
64 0 0
The Syndicate
Service Points: 2
We're still deciding and testing that internally

I'd keep it as materials only dropping from the aliens, while having missions automatically generated from an NPC organisation that gives bounties for various bounties being completed. "Kill X amount of workers", "Kill X amount of soldiers", "Deliver X amount of materials". Stuff like that. You still go out to hunt, you're still getting rewarded but I like my loot to make sense when it comes to PvE and Aliens just dropping cash makes no sense.

Jord

Project Manager

Staff member
Management
Lead Level Designer
Jun 1, 2017
Oxford, UK
Reactions
143 2 0
Avalon
Enterprises
i was worried about that as well, i think they should swap the amount of health between the two. I love the currency and alien lore and i still can't believe the devs are going to E3.

To expand a little from our discussions and plans:

2. Yes there will be a wide variety of weapons and armour which suit a number of different playstyles, including sets which are better for alien hunting.

3. The plan is to allow players to accumulate Service Points in game as well as allowing you to buy them with real money. You'll be able to spend it on certain customisation items such as clothes and furniture. Scrip will be earned via faction missions and rewards from higher ranks, which allows you to spend it on faction rewards such as faction pool items.