Rian Felix

Dilettante

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Apr 21, 2018
North Star
Mining
Service Points: 0
"Official" eco contracts which go beyond an X amount of BASE UC cost. (example: 50K UC?) Automatically turn into department contracts.

Only department leaders (potentially players appointed to accept those aswell?) can accept these.

After which each member in the department can specify how many they are going to send to fulfill that contract. Say it asks for 50 guns, i as an eco'er select i'm sending 10 of those, this limited to an X amount of hours timer.
So players can't clog up the supply for the contract. And the player knows for sure his 10 produced weapons will pay off instead of someone else getting it done before him.

The contract automatically pays out depending on who sent what to finish the contract. Depending on the settings the department/faction leader set.

Department Leaders could set (for example) that 15% of the payout goes to the department's funds directly, with everything else being divided. Maybe even that higher ranked members get a higher cut of the payout if they've contributed.

(EDIT)
Potentially contracts which are meant for departments can have lower taxes to encourage players to create these

Last edited:
Reactions: Banaroth and Gavin

Spark

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Apr 6, 2018
Islamabad
Terran Defense Corps
"Official" eco contracts which go beyond an X amount of BASE UC cost. (example: 50K UC?) Automatically turn into department contracts.

Only department leaders (potentially players appointed to accept those aswell?) can accept these.

After which each member in the department can specify how many they are going to send to fulfill that contract. Say it asks for 50 guns, i as an eco'er select i'm sending 10 of those, this limited to an X amount of hours timer.
So players can't clog up the supply for the contract. And the player knows for sure his 10 produced weapons will pay off instead of someone else getting it done before him.

The contract automatically pays out depending on who sent what to finish the contract. Depending on the settings the department/faction leader set.

Department Leaders could set (for example) that 15% of the payout goes to the department's funds directly, with everything else being divided. Maybe even that higher ranked members get a higher cut of the payout if they've contributed.
This could all be done by players without a need for an ingame mechanic. But hey I never ecoed.

Reactions: Rian Felix

Ren Astarot

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
May 13, 2020
Terran Defense Corps
I can get behind manually dividing up a department contract to players in the department, it allows players to specialized, and not have to worry about having to have all the Pmods so that they can stay useful.

Egroeg

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 10, 2017
Area 69, Antarctica
The Syndicate
I literally handle this ig with my drugs by letting my members know what my current order is and I need help and they contribute what they can and I pay them the full price for what I am selling it for as they get their cut. I am sure you can alter this in any way when making a deal with someone or taking up contracts. But I believe the contract system when players create them can set it for factions/players to take, so your faction can work it out with them, someone takes all the guns, accepts and collects, then divides out.

Sawyer Anderson

Dilettante

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Sitka, Alaska
Oda Zaibatsu
Contracts should just go to HC and be assigned to a dept

Example in OZ

Bulk orders to heavy industry

Electronics to Oda electronics

Noodles to Gohan foods

Banaroth

Dweller

Apr 13, 2018
North Star
Mining
It's a good idea.

Yes we can do most things in-game on our own either way, but making it part of the game as a feature/system, helps everybody because we can organize better. Imagine having the proper buttons and interfaces in-game to do all these things instead of doing it on paper. I say why not.

In a way, it's the guild quest equivalent of MMORPGs. It works.