Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 29, 2017
Brumpapa
Reactions
254 18 0
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
Ill entertain the FoM banter a little bit. What was your favorite war when you played.
My personal favorite was between
and the one where Sean and some other mug's GD tried to take Berlin right before I became R7 and i was one of 7 people on. Managed to stall their zerg solo until the boys logged in later that night and we bodied them so hard they surrendered and compensated us for the trouble.

Feb 6, 2018
Reactions
4 0 0
Oda Zaibatsu
For me it was this war we had with BoS when I was in GoM - "Operation Roflstomp''

We took CD off them and I'm pretty sure we took Tokyo as well. To be fair, William Stafford and the rest of GoM HC between themselves hired like 90% of MotB lol, so combined with a lot of active gombies at the time we outnumbered them pretty strongly.

One other thing the GoM leadership done was order a trade embargo on XLs. When a BoS friend of mine who I knew before FoM asked me for XLs, I decided personal loyalty was more important than being faithful to my faction and went in secret to Pax Prime to give him some. About 100 I think. Possibly 200? Idk. I remember feeling really guilty when everyone on TeamSpeak was wondering how the the BoS they were looting had dropped XLs, haha.

But yeah, hands down the most fun I've had in a video game ever.

Hard Hat Harry

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Sep 8, 2017
Reactions
120 8 0
The Syndicate
For me it was this war we had with BoS when I was in GoM - "Operation Roflstomp''

We took CD off them and I'm pretty sure we took Tokyo as well. To be fair, William Stafford and the rest of GoM HC between themselves hired like 90% of MotB lol, so combined with a lot of active gombies at the time we outnumbered them pretty strongly.

One other thing the GoM leadership done was order a trade embargo on XLs. When a BoS friend of mine who I knew before FoM asked me for XLs, I decided personal loyalty was more important than being faithful to my faction and went in secret to Pax Prime to give him some. About 100 I think. Possibly 200? Idk. I remember feeling really guilty when everyone on TeamSpeak was wondering how the the BoS they were looting had dropped XLs, haha.

But yeah, hands down the most fun I've had in a video game ever.
I imagine a fair amount of alts were involved in them getting XLs as well

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Reactions
351 8 1
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
Are we limited to FoM wars? Cause if not totes the Wars of the Roses or the Anarchy.

If we are it'll be that war where Banjo and I took Pax Prime through ninjaing all night long.

Jun 22, 2017
Reactions
25 0 0
No Faction
The early mega coalition wars like mentioned above are great but there was honestly one really good war period towards the end of FoM's life. I can't remember all the details but it was some big patch change and the devs took interviews for who would be R7 of each faction.

I don't remember who ran each faction but i'm pretty sure GoM and BoS were being led by old time vets, Reefer and a bunch of old DL had officially returned and were running EC again, Boom (i think?) and some of the more well known LED players of the time were in CMG.

The initial war(s) after that patch were a highlight, particularly EC vs CMG on necars. It ended up being a pretty significant event too, as the EC victory kept the old DL-newer EC mix alive as a pretty dominant force basically until the game shutdown. If we had lost i don't think everybody would have stuck around.

Cadonez

Enthusiast

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 29, 2017
Brumpapa
Reactions
254 18 0
The Syndicate
The early mega coalition wars like mentioned above are great but there was honestly one really good war period towards the end of FoM's life. I can't remember all the details but it was some big patch change and the devs took interviews for who would be R7 of each faction.

I don't remember who ran each faction but i'm pretty sure GoM and BoS were being led by old time vets, Reefer and a bunch of old DL had officially returned and were running EC again, Boom (i think?) and some of the more well known LED players of the time were in CMG.

The initial war(s) after that patch were a highlight, particularly EC vs CMG on necars. It ended up being a pretty significant event too, as the EC victory kept the old DL-newer EC mix alive as a pretty dominant force basically until the game shutdown. If we had lost i don't think everybody would have stuck around.
You're talking about right before 2012 CM Jack Frost wipe? GoM was phoenix and stafford, BoS was me and gant, Boom was CMG indeed.

TheJoker

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Sep 20, 2017
Australia
Reactions
90 3 2
Guns of the Conclave
Probably the first war for Pax Prime for me BoS vs FDC, LED initially then the FDC or LED hired motb i think CMG and EC jumped in to against the BoS I think Darius was the R7 of BoS at the time? really enshrined the great fighters of FoM.

But more importantly, it showed who were the best forum warriors showing where the actual war is raged.

Spastique

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 30, 2017
Reactions
610 32 3
Terran Defense Corps
I recall FDC vs. Led wars as really entertaining, and numerous, so I can't really point out a specific one. But ye, really enjoyed the civil wars.

Aug 6, 2017
Reactions
5 0 0
No Faction
Ill entertain the FoM banter a little bit. What was your favorite war when you played.
My personal favorite was between
and the one where Sean and some other mug's GD tried to take Berlin right before I became R7 and i was one of 7 people on. Managed to stall their zerg solo until the boys logged in later that night and we bodied them so hard they surrendered and compensated us for the trouble.
I remember the beef at 3:21. that was when DL came back into EC and wanted some beef with the BoS bus. Good times.

ChexGuy

Dweller

Contributor
Jun 1, 2017
Reactions
16 0 0
The Syndicate
The ECMG war from 2010, which I think happened right after the Senate coup and a good chunk of FDC had hopped to CMG. I probably like this one so much because I was relatively new to the game, so it was the first large-scale war I was an active participant in.

There were also the skirmishes where GoM helped BoS out against MotB just before that war.