Favorite War

Boom

Dweller

Mar 27, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
The early mega coalition wars like mentioned above are great but there was honestly one really good war period towards the end of FoM's life. I can't remember all the details but it was some big patch change and the devs took interviews for who would be R7 of each faction.

I don't remember who ran each faction but i'm pretty sure GoM and BoS were being led by old time vets, Reefer and a bunch of old DL had officially returned and were running EC again, Boom (i think?) and some of the more well known LED players of the time were in CMG.

The initial war(s) after that patch were a highlight, particularly EC vs CMG on necars. It ended up being a pretty significant event too, as the EC victory kept the old DL-newer EC mix alive as a pretty dominant force basically until the game shutdown. If we had lost i don't think everybody would have stuck around.
You're talking about right before 2012 CM Jack Frost wipe? GoM was phoenix and stafford, BoS was me and gant, Boom was CMG indeed.

Not just a bunch of pretty faces ay.. good memories..

That was a lot of fun, with a dash of frustrating - That war really showed the weak willed, fanboy attitudes of a lot of the randoms in the game at the time, a bunch of old heads came back to do the whole EC vs Fom which in itself was fucking dope and the game needed that influx of numbers and beef.. the problem was with the existing population who wanted to bandwagon instead of making their own legacy, that left numbers so skewed.
In a couple of fights we were so outnumbered they had people with med guns and dominators on the outside shooting down.. haha

The FB on Necars was epic thats for sure

Reactions: Gakksun

Tan

Dweller

Nov 7, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
My favourite war was the EC vs CMG war JUST before the last wipe pre-FOTD. @Boom was raging because he was about to lose like 500m. He gave us like 10m just to fight for P51 (I think) and we managed to win.

Boom

Dweller

Mar 27, 2018
Sydney, Australia
My favourite war was the EC vs CMG war JUST before the last wipe pre-FOTD. @Boom was raging because he was about to lose like 500m. He gave us like 10m just to fight for P51 (I think) and we managed to win.
I was so rich lol, what was your name ingame ?
I don't understand what you mean about losing 500m (never seen anyone with close to that much) when they killed the servers from memory I had 80mil or something I should have the screenshots somewhere and with 80mil I was the richest or second richest on server can't remember.

Did you like my laugh before or after alleged raging ? haha

Tan

Dweller

Nov 7, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
I liked your laugh before AND after. Also yeah I remember you were one of the richest which was why you were pissed off about the wipe.

This is Darius Cayne btw

Boom

Dweller

Mar 27, 2018
Sydney, Australia
I liked your laugh before AND after. Also yeah I remember you were one of the richest which was why you were pissed off about the wipe.

This is Darius Cayne btw
Haha your a good bloke m8

Edit:

OHHH MY LORD INPURE WHATS UP BRO

Last edited:

Marker

Dweller

Jul 9, 2017
Borneo
No Faction
That war that was going on that BoS was not involved in and when we joined we changed the tide

Arkavus

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 15, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
STS war was great and so was just about every war over P51. I pretty much don't remember a war I didn't like. Even the last one when DL declared war on everyone.

CheSquattII

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 31, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
BoS vs Some Corp, GoM and the whole MOTB hiring pool and sometimes GD also.
Every time that happened it was a ton of fun because most the time we got what we wanted by just killing ecoers.
After one of those wars I remember ganking Casper Evans as reprisal for forum shit-talk with SG till he gave us like 5m worth of medkits.

Last edited by a moderator:

CheSquattII

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 31, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Actually, I retract my previous post, the Yugoslav war was the best one. fuck bill fucking clinton that fucking rapist.

CheSquattII

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 31, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
My favorite war is the one comin up soon. P.S the only real content creator on the forums has been freed.

Nov 12, 2018
No Faction
Probably ECMG was my favorite and any LED/FDC civil war do to bad rivers
I recall Winters of the FDC making some decisive errors in regards to war also. Those days saw some epic fights, and losses.

Demetri

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 29, 2017
Ecolording on Kepler's Dome
North Star
Mining
Service Points: 2
I recall Winters of the FDC making some decisive errors in regards to war also. Those days saw some epic fights, and losses.
I started I believe in late 2009 early 2010, don't a true FoMvet but it still saddens I stared playing FoM just ad its peak started dying off.

I really dont recall any other wars that I enjoyed, besides the few wars that were initially planned because the game was so dead. Those weren't as enjoyable as some homebrewed beef.

imran

Clone

Jun 4, 2017
No Faction
ECVI and ECMG war was joosie
When everyone would target reefer pants and Black guy DOA

Swifty McVeigh

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Mar 18, 2019
Guns of the Conclave
Nothing beats VIECGOM vs Dominion of Shadows.

Ferin

Dilettante

Contributor
Jun 17, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Russian annexation of Crimea, hands down.