CheSquattII

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 31, 2017
Reactions
21 3 0
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
I lost 110 lbs since the start of last year, who wants some extra skin I have laying around?
The secret is
1. Be Straight Edge
2. Work in a loading dock
3. Eat bacon instead of carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas Hart

Clone

Alpha Tester
Patron
Apr 15, 2018
Reactions
0 0 0
No Faction
In my personal experiences with health I will discuss some things in which I found to be incredibly useful. First off, it all boils down to one word. Balance

It is something that can be easily overlooked and something that can easily be thrown off course. It can be applied to all aspects of life, just as all aspects of life should be kept in balance. When it comes to someone's health there are 3 things I have found to affect the balance of one's health. That is, Diet, Internal Exercises, and External Exercises.

In diet, there is acidic foods, and alkaline based foods. While you should aim for a more alkaline based body it is also important to maintain a certain degree of acidity. The more alkaline your body is the less likely of bacterial contamination that can manifest or grow in your body. This will eliminate bacterial sickness. I find that grapefruit juice is a great way to get rid of the water weight in the body. You should only drink grapefruit juice if you can handle the acidity of fruit juices, otherwise you might find yourself some acid reflux. And you should only drink this while trying to reduce the water weight in your body. Once you have achieved this reduction you should stop drinking grapefruit juice, as it is very acidic.

While I personally don't consider myself a vegetarian, what I eat is a choice. Just as diet is a choice, you should aim to be more mindful of what you put in your body. I mostly eat greens but occasionally I will choose to eat some meat. Diet shouldn't be a lifestyle but rather a choice.

Internal exercises in combination with external exercises is the yin/yang AKA Balance of the body. Internal exercises can be that of Yoga, Tai Chi, and Qigong, all in which I combine in my own internal exercises. External exercises is what most people are familiar with and that is like cardio and gym work.

I won't go too much more into detail but if anyone has any other questions feel free to PM me. I'm no expert but I have discovered what works best for me which very well may not work for you but I can try my best to help you find the balance that works best for you.

Egroeg

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 10, 2017
Area 69, Antarctica
Reactions
158 5 1
The Syndicate
I have the opposite issue. I have to heavily eat to keep my weight, high metabolism isn't all that good either, because if I don't workout or eat a bit more than normal for a couple weeks I'm back to a toothpick.

I say eat whatever you want, as long as you're working out/off what you ate, you'll form muscle and be in shape.

CheSquattII

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 31, 2017
Reactions
21 3 0
Terran Defense Corps
In diet, there is acidic foods, and alkaline based foods. While you should aim for a more alkaline based body it is also important to maintain a certain degree of acidity. The more alkaline your body is the less likely of bacterial contamination that can manifest or grow in your body. This will eliminate bacterial sickness. I find that grapefruit juice is a great way to get rid of the water weight in the body. You should only drink grapefruit juice if you can handle the acidity of fruit juices, otherwise you might find yourself some acid reflux. And you should only drink this while trying to reduce the water weight in your body. Once you have achieved this reduction you should stop drinking grapefruit juice, as it is very acidic.
Diet is just Calorie for Calorie, yall. if you eat a calorie surplus, you will gain weight, if you eat a deficit you will lose it. You can lose weight eating twinkies if you eat under a certain amount of calories.
Also, your body has the ability to regulate PH-levels. That's why you don't fucking die if you drink a gallon of water. Drink all the grapefruit juice you want. Unless you're chugging vinegar or eating baking soda for fun, this sort of thing has close to no effect on your health. Holy fuck I hate you, Silas.

Jul 1, 2017
Reactions
47 4 0
Civil Protection Commission
Also grape fruit juice interacts with some medications. You're going to want to research any medication you're on before doing some sort of grape fruit diet.

Hoodwink

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Dec 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Reactions
21 0 0
Civil Protection Commission
Big killer is sodas. If you drink a lot of soda and consume a fair bit of sugar, cut those out of your diet. You don't have to give up beer and the occasional dessert, but excess sugars really result in a lot of weight gain. You'll be surprised.