Heavy Armor and Weaponry legality, PPs and dynamics.

Anya Clowes

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
May 16, 2020
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
I am not sure if this was ever suggested yet, if it was, I apologize.

I believe it will be interesting and adds dynamic, immersion, combat opportunities and fun to the game if Heavy or even Medium Armor and weaponry has a legality rating in some world or are just out right illegal in some places.

The Ideal situation would be where the CDC would go on regular patrols in lighter armor and weaponry in normal, peace time, not making everywhere they go look like a militarized zone. Civilians and Corps going about their days to mining, refining and producing not in superheavy power armor, and at least not immediately suspected to have a big gun up their holster.

After all, if everyone's in heavy armor and wielding weapons all the time, then what's the point of having the Police if they can just always fight back gankers?

This way, the CDC have a reason to exist, a reason to patrol to at least keep eyes out for people breaking the law and being shady. And being a juicy target for Gankers who doesn't care much for laws in the first place anyway.

This hopefully should encourage more fights and game dynamics, where the players are both Discouraged and Encouraged to break out the big guns and heavy armor.

Like drugs, if you're found with it you'll be penalized, probably arrested.

But also like Drugs, if you have it, it gives you an edge against those who doesn't.

It should allow more 'dynamic' feel to the game world too, where Faction Leaders/President could declare a martial law somewhere, allowing the CDC to patrol in heavier, medium gear, saving the heavies for Assaults and the Military. It'll be interest, I believe, and increase the impact of seeing people with bigger armor and guns to give you that 'Something is wrong here.' feeling.

Besides, who would want to patrol in heavy armor? and it'll add more distinctions between the CDC and the Military. Which will be a good thing, in my opinion.

If this has already been suggested then I'm sorry again! Thank you for your time!

Reactions: arav

Wilbon

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Dec 20, 2018
Oda Zaibatsu
wanna check my pp?

FinalPixie

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Mar 1, 2018
Very interesting post from Wilbon there. Uhm, I agree that civilians should not go running around with Heavy Armor/Weapons. It would make security checks more interesting since I'll bet some of them would give excuses to pass through.

During FoM, many Cadets (including me) would make a mistake to closing an eye for these types of people, either that or we were threatened by them and our manpower wouldn't handle the firepower those "civilians" bought with them. This will add more immersion and gameplay not only for the CPC but the game in general since I believe CPC owns these certain planets. Though it depends if the Higher-Ups agree to this. They are known to make mistakes in the past (hehe) and will make the same mistakes here again. Mistakes is what makes near perfection and I hope to see that in the CPC.

As for drugs...

Joshua Jones

Citizen

Supporting Donator
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jul 10, 2018
Perhaps giving the Union the ability to make items illegal on specific worlds they control would be a good idea. Such as on Earth anything other than light armour and a pistol for self defense could be made illegal if deemed by the senate. This gives flexibility and another thing for the senate to discuss and vote upon. In desperate war times these restrictions could be lifted as Union forces become stretched etc, or potentially the other way with more restrictions put in place to try and remain the peace.