High Command Applications OPEN

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
Good evening followers of Mankind Reborn.

With the upcoming series of playtests, some (and by no means all) of the faction mechanics will be released, allowing players to interact with factions for the first time, albeit in a much more limited way than in the full release. In light of this, the Story Team is opening our first round of applications for High Command positions (nominally R5 and R6 at this time) to help test faction mechanics and to help run the factions during the testing period.

In this role, you will be expected to:
  • Work closely with the Story Team to set up the 'living lore' of your chosen faction.
  • Work with other leaders of your faction to set goals and ensure progress towards them.
  • Provide feedback and suggestions on various aspects of the game during development. This can include game balance and game feel, giving developers insight into a user’s experience over time.
You may also be requested to assist in tasks related to faction leadership such as developing a training manual for your faction or experimenting with colony upgrading and capture in a structured environment.

Applicants should fill in our application form here. We're looking for a wide range of applicants with a wide range of experiences, so don't hesitate to fill out the form if you think you have what it takes to run a faction in MR.

Please note that is a voluntary unpaid position.

Good luck to all those who apply.

Ferin

Dilettante

Contributor
Jun 17, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
Depends who the R7s are?

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Depends who the R7s are?
R7s are NPCs for now once we get the more serious faction mechanics in we're going to start removing them in favour of the R6s and R5s. By launch, every R7 will be a player.

Cadonez

Enthusiast

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 29, 2017
Brumpapa
The Syndicate
Will the selected applicants be the HC for the duration of testing until launch or will they switch out.

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Will the selected applicants be the HC for the duration of testing until launch or will they switch out.
Depends on a range of factors, including performance and activity, we may rotate people in and out during the testing period, both to test the mechanics related to command change and as part of the natural lifecycle of an HC.

Successful applicants will remain HC for at least two testing cycles though as part of our persistence testing.

Ferin

Dilettante

Contributor
Jun 17, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Who chooses then?

Tornadium

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 1, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 5
Can't wait to see how this goes

LordAdder

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 24, 2017
CHICAGOOOOOO
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 1
I should also point out that in the faction list in the application lists Freedom Defense Corps instead of Terran Defense Corps. Not sure if a meme or not

creepertnt

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Apr 20, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
i personally am not going to apply for the position but i am curious about who will be my factions leader as well as what the factions mechanics are going to be like. hope to find out soon in a playtest.

CheSquattII

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 31, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
I'm a stand up kind of guy, normal, with a bachelor's degree in raising hell. I look forward to leading the FoE.
FoE with former GoM leadership is gonna look like this:

But with ME, the real guy in charge, it's gonna look like this:

Last edited:

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Who chooses then?
We have a panel led by the Story Team (but with members from the other teams) with a minimum votes required for a voice interview. We’ve had some genuinely good applications so far.

I should also point out that in the faction list in the application lists Freedom Defense Corps instead of Terran Defense Corps. Not sure if a meme or not
It is a meme (probably).

Where's the application for President of the Dominion? Link needs to apply
The government applications will open when government mechanics are implemented. The general structure of the government (as planned) may be included in an upcoming lore dump.

Cammy

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
QA Volunteer
Jun 1, 2017
Scotland
Guns of the Conclave
Good luck to everyone.

Realisticly, im not faction leader material and will not apply on that basis - but i could imagine how many people will be submitting in for R7 regardless.

Banjo

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Good luck to everyone.

Realisticly, im not faction leader material and will not apply on that basis - but i could imagine how many people will be submitting in for R7 regardless.
These applications are for R5-R6 and not a direct application for R7. It's much better to have a good amount of decent active HC members then only a few good. You want plenty of content generating players in your factions and their demotion is only one button click away if they fail. Even bad actions can create good content.
It should of course be balanced so the faction doesn't collapse under the bad actions. But that is for the chain of command to uphold with the R7 having the final responsibility.

I think all who have any interest should apply, given that they are honest in their application and can put in the time.

John White

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 23, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
I thought you guys were going to rework the faction lore first

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
I thought you guys were going to rework the faction lore first
Some of the more lacking faction lore (particularly Oda) has been rewritten but not released yet.

Part of the work that is going to be put to the HC is working on the department mechanics.

Sir John Michael

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 16, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
David Ord should be CPC R7 for life.

RIPndippn

Dweller

Dec 27, 2018
No Faction
applied but good luck to everyone that has applied , cant wait for the launch im excited