Maybe an Arena?

Banaroth

Dweller

Apr 13, 2018
North Star
Mining
Service Points: 0
Hello there, I was talking with a couple of people in-game and the subject of an Arena came up.

It's not really a suggestion, I'm just trying to see if people have discussed that, and what opinions do you have.

My initial idea would be to create a small circle kind of thingy, doesn't have to be a stadium, in a couple of planets, which would be a place that people go to when they want to have fair duels. Ganking and open world pvp ofc continue, nothing stops them.

My only issue is, do you think it would take away from the open-world PVP? It doesn't have to. It's like, safeguarding some little spaces with droids/turrets to turn them into safe spaces. They are not official, or 100% secure, and they still don't break the savage character of the game so it's a win-win, potentially.

Places like arenas could also help with in game events, maybe. I guess there are many "landmarks"/spots that will be added to the game at some point, so this could be one of them. Just like in FoM, you had so many spaces to walk around or things to see, even if they didn't serve a day to day purpose, they helped with the simulation/roleplaying type of aspect.

And yes, we can do all this on our own either way, organize duels, so don't use this as an argument. There are many things we can do on our own but we still demand the in game equivalents to make it official and good looking. That would be all.

Venture Jones

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 29, 2017
Arizona
Avalon Enterprises
Maybe instead of directly making areas. A better plan would be to have an arena mindset when constructing areas in general. Well to the point of thinking, hey this spot here would be cool for fight if it had these or that, etc.

That way then we have those spots, but they're not as predominate to be seen as an "arena".

Reactions: Hepopotan

HBnY

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 3, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
The GotC is gonna have a combat simulator where we can fight without the expense of our gears. So yall can enter if you pay a fee of course. We charge per minute

Reactions: Banaroth

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
The GotC is gonna have a combat simulator where we can fight without the expense of our gears. So yall can enter if you pay a fee of course. We charge per minute
Just to confirm this is an idea being looked at nothing is finalised.

HBnY

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 3, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
Well then get it confirmed already pls

Hawke

Clone

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Mar 7, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
An open-ish area with storage + healing terminals would work fine for duels and such if an arena isn't possible. Mars used to be really good for this before the change

Spark

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Apr 6, 2018
Islamabad
Terran Defense Corps
Safe spaces are reserved for TU sorry.

Skiy

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 11, 2017
The Syndicate
Service Points: 2
I think giving GOTC an arena is an interesting idea, could see Syndicate having deals with cells to run fight night or something. Before factions get their shit though can we have an open temp arena? Push announcement for fights, get screenshots, profit. Remove on release or whatever.