Mechanics and Methods of removing factional HC

Scavy

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jan 31, 2019
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
In FOM there was a big BOS war. Where BOS went out declared war and proceeded to get KOS'd and their asses destroyed for weeks on end. Leading to a massive player drain, including me, from FOM.

There should be a way for the factions player base to remove their shitty awful HC without GM intervention. Post your suggestions! I do ask that if you want to argue whether or not this should exist to at least post a suggestion for how you could see this work before you say no. Otherwise we only see what the people who want this wants and not the best compromise.

One idea, let players vote for "vote of no confidence" in their HC, not one specific HC but R6 and R7's. Once a certain percentage of the faction votes for it, it displays the vote on faction members screen and after a certain threshold could trigger a vote for HC or maybe that is when the GMs need to step in.

Tornadium

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 30, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 5
I personally don't believe there is a way to do this without having GM oversight and final authorisation.

Any mechanical method of doing so can be gamed or exploited in some way to hijack factions/destroy leadership.

Sawyer Anderson

Dilettante

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Sitka, Alaska
Oda Zaibatsu
The problem with shitty leadership was that it was easy to just mass votes for one person because no one knew when the vote was therefore only like 20% of the faction actually voted. Once we figure out how each faction elects or places rank7s it wont be as easy.

That war was only lost because that turd HC stole the faction funds and yoloed out of the game completly.

Egroeg

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 10, 2017
Area 69, Antarctica
The Syndicate
I believe there were talks or was planned for HC that it would be different with each faction this time, to remove the popular vote pleasing that was in FOM. Such as the CPC/TDC HC would be appointed by the TU government, Corps would have a board vote, and the clans may be a more popular vote or leaders/key individuals and such. That way some make more sense and it mostly removes just popular gathering in the factions, at least the non-clans which makes sense.

As for removing, it'd probably similar by the government could be pressured by citizens to remove CPC/TDC heads, or a board member pushing others to remove the Corp lead, etc. As for if you're talking some HC straight up PURPOSELY derailing and killing a faction, I don't see a problem with members submitting a complaint/vote so the GMs can review and step in if needed. I feel the GMs should only step in if its a purposeful derailment, not just shitty leadership by just being shitty. But I am also not against some other mechanics or possibilities for coupes to happen or ways for members to remove HC early from their reappointment. Unless HC is in place until decided to be removed, as such for the TU/Corps idea.

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
Just letting you guys know we’ll be paying a lot of attention to this thread.

While there is GMOP I’d like to make it as soft as possible, having ways for you as players to solve shit leadership or to break up circle-jerk cliques is better than having GMs ruin everyone’s fun.

Every system is susceptible to exploitation but let’s see what you guys come up with to combat potential HC issues

Hepopotan

Dweller

Jul 24, 2017
ya mum's hut
Civil Protection Commission
Wasn't there plans to implement dynamic faction hierarchies that could change how they were structured/who could vote, I'm interested in how this would come to affect the mechanic of booting HC?

I think in order to boot someone in HC (or for all ranks excluding the less permanent ones like R0-R1) There should be some kind of unanimous agreement from the rank just below their's, and in order to boot someone below their own there should be some fractional percentage that needs to vote for it, though, again this system fails if the players are not present to vote or notified of a vote being held. This fractional percentage could scale depending on comparison to the distance between the ranks.

Booting someone maybe 3 ranks below you own could be possible without a vote, although it would be logged and sent out to HC for processing. Similarly maybe you can bar people from taking place in votes 3 ranks above their own so, though this wouldn't be very democratic.

Michael Reaper

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Aug 26, 2018
Followers of Eternity
In FOM there was a big BOS war. Where BOS went out declared war and proceeded to get KOS'd and their asses destroyed for weeks on end. Leading to a massive player drain, including me, from FOM.

There should be a way for the factions player base to remove their shitty awful HC without GM intervention. Post your suggestions! I do ask that if you want to argue whether or not this should exist to at least post a suggestion for how you could see this work before you say no. Otherwise we only see what the people who want this wants and not the best compromise.

One idea, let players vote for "vote of no confidence" in their HC, not one specific HC but R6 and R7's. Once a certain percentage of the faction votes for it, it displays the vote on faction members screen and after a certain threshold could trigger a vote for HC or maybe that is when the GMs need to step in.
Alright so R6s are hand selected and follow the orders or requests of the R7. Keep that in mind, most players will start to kick out the R7 to replace them with their friends that is always part of the issue. In FOM the leadership was never based on merit but in turn rather on who you were friends with. I do agree there were some crappy R7s but I do not blame the R6 as they were hand selected by the R7. Instead of worrying about kicking the R6s and R7s focus on booting the R7.

Replacing them will be tricky even with a VONC as stated before people would remove the R7 and replace their HC with their friends and brown nosers. Maybe we need to find a merit system or something that would allow people to better select HC instead of them being able to get their friends in. Let us not forget the Winter Frost incident with the soul society in VI.

Spark

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Apr 6, 2018
Islamabad
Terran Defense Corps
That happens in every PVP game that is focused about combat. It is unavoidable, no one likes to lose. The only way to change that is to give players some other entertainment than pure PVP combat.