Rian Felix

Citizen

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Apr 21, 2018
Ghent, Belgium
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
How about, an (R4+) could send someone a mail/ingame notification that they are required to pay a fine towards the government (not to the individual players) for committing certain crimes set by the government.

CPC would be able to see if they payed the fine or not and act accordingly.

For example, as a cop you scan someone with illegals on them, instead of simply arresting them you submit the fine, the cop can also simply put in the reason, (maybe the ability to click on the notification of what you scanned and link it to the fine directly).

If after x amount of time the fine isn't completed, CPC can decide to put an AoS on the person or dismiss it as it's not worth the trouble.

Tornadium

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jul 1, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 5
I like this idea, especially with regards to minor crimes and misdemeanours.

I'd make sure there was no way to manually assign a fine without some kind of mechanic trigger being in place. Highly abusable otherwise.

Rian Felix

Citizen

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Apr 21, 2018
Ghent, Belgium
I like this idea, especially with regards to minor crimes and misdemeanours.

I'd make sure there was no way to manually assign a fine without some kind of mechanic trigger being in place. Highly abusable otherwise.
Well i'm just thinking that, the entirety of CPC can view which fines are being carried out, if spammed out for bad reasons i'm sure the civilian life would do something about it. It also gives the chance for people to fight against accusations.

Roids

Citizen

Jun 30, 2017
No Faction
Piggybacking on this as it's somewhat related - it would be great if there we're different depths to scanning, each being more intrusive and easier to detect and providing increasingly in depth data.

E.g an inventory scan at a basic level with no real indicators you're being scanned other than a neckbeard hovering around, then a slower more invasive form such as usage of a device on another individual of which performs analysis of their blood, indicating the presence of high levels of illegal substances like drugs and melanin. Naturally this would take significantly longer and would give some visual cues like a debuff, fractional health loss and a text warning shown only to the player

Munki

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 26, 2017
it would be great if there were different depths to scanning
I will not consider this game immersive until I can perform rectal examinations.

Wilbon

Taxpayer

Supporting Donator
Dec 20, 2018
The Syndicate
I will not consider this game immersive until I can perform rectal examinations.
I am here to help.

If there was a lack of trigger that allowed them, then I'm sure the recipient just wouldn't pay it and instead report the corrupt fine/choose to roll the cop into the dirt. Allow HC to dismiss any pending fines and it'll regulate itself.

Reactions: Rian Felix