Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Oda Zaibatsu
Service Points: 2400
Hi guys,

I'm sure a lot of you craved for this day to come! We're now open to suggestions when it come to naming miscellaneous items. Let your ideas be known in this thread when it comes to naming various stimulants aka boosters, medication, food, apparel, etc. Provide as much detail as you possibly can when writing your reply.

Needless to say, constructive and creative submissions have a higher chance of making it into the game.

Thanks!

Reactions: maxlee93 and Ferin

NoahKirchner

Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2017
Pittsburgh
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
As far as boosters, I really liked the naming scheme that FoM had with drugs that sorta sound like modern day drugs but newer and sci-fi-ier, so some psuedo-science

You take something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THC-O-acetate and then add some fancy science sounding words to it, since it's similar to heroin, maybe something like uhhh

THC-diacetate and then let players come up with the street names for it.

Reactions: maxlee93

Cammy

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
QA Volunteer
Alpha Tester
Jun 1, 2017
Scotland
Guns of the Conclave
As far as boosters, I really liked the naming scheme that FoM had with drugs that sorta sound like modern day drugs but newer and sci-fi-ier, so some psuedo-science

You take something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THC-O-acetate and then add some fancy science sounding words to it, since it's similar to heroin, maybe something like uhhh

No.

Sephiroth

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 1, 2017
Somewhere on Aquatica
Civil Protection Commission

I do agree with the Drugs part. The game does need drugs, but Pizza and Burgers that give status? This is a futuristic theme..

Reactions: maxlee93

maxlee93

Helpful Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 17, 2017
Mars

I completely agree with this but how many drugs are going to be added in the game like this pill and pizza and burger in FoM. It has to be different, So I was thinking like a pill and some sort of white stuff in a bag like coke that makes you stronger and of course the faction has to create that but I do agree with this so 3 different names but street names want some of that purp slurp etc but its called something else. lol

Savanimal

Dweller

Jul 18, 2017
No Faction
Could create different drugs to have different positive effects with negative sides (either during or after drug wears off). Take SWG's spice's for example..

Jun 1, 2017
Diss, UK
No Faction
You want a name and a description on what said name does? or will you decide that side and you just want a bunch of names?

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Oda Zaibatsu
Service Points: 2400
Keep in mind that we're only looking for actual names for stimulants, medicinal products, apparel, ..
You want a name and a description on what said name does? or will you decide that side and you just want a bunch of names?
The first is correct.

Armitxes

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 5, 2017
Tactical HQ
No Faction
I'd recommend not to make it too absurd.

Item:
Description:
Overdose:
Effect if the users continuously uses the item without break, just a suggestion to justify the illegality of items (also in a RP sense)
((Thoughts)):
Illegal:
If the item should be illegal by default

Item:
Salt
Description: Releases the full taste
Effect: +2% to any other bonuses from items.
Overdose: -
((Thoughts)): -
Illegal: No

Item: Epinephrine (Adrenaline)
Description: For when you have to give everything you got.
Effect: +15% increased stamina
Overdose: Stuns the user for 5 seconds
((Thoughts)): Maybe less stamina boost but more movement speed? thereby the user could also carry more with less movement penalty
Illegal: Yes

Item:
Painkiller
Description: Know no pain.
Effect: +1.5% to all resistances (Ballistic, Stun, Energy, Fall, etc)
Overdose: Max HP reduced by 15% for 3 minutes.
((Thoughts)):
Illegal:
No

Roids

Citizen

Jun 30, 2017
No Faction
C-speed - causes text to be jumbled and a overproduction of saliva visual effect

Reefer - everytime you take damage your character lets out a scream in-game

Jatel - resistant to heat damage, invisible to female characters

Hexdez - gender change drug, causes brain cancer

Gunbi - improves accuracy, cripples your legs

Can provide more if this generates interest

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
C-speed - causes text to be jumbled and a overproduction of saliva visual effect

Reactions: Czar Wiley

Kwisatz Haderach

Game Designer

Staff member
Jun 14, 2017
London, UK
No Faction
It's likely you'll see a lot of pharmaceutical and related items lifted indirectly from the work of Prof. Nutt e.g. 5-methoxy-2-aminoindane (MEAI) which are near future chemicals currently under R&D. There may be also be some nostalgic throwbacks to the late Dr. Shulgin e.g. 2-C* family and DOx.

Alongside nigh-forgotten Soviet era (no longer patented) dubious medicinal chemicals from the 60s e.g. alpha-Methyltryptamine (αMT).

Egroeg

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 10, 2017
Area 69, Antarctica
The Syndicate
The Food Council demands many food items, specifically eggrolls created by yours truly 'Egroeg Hanzo'.
Special Ability: Your character has a stupid grin on his face for a hour and every time you kill someone you shout "EGGROLLED".

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
Now that the raw mat's list is complete, I need some Food, Drugs (legal and otherwise) and Clothing names to fill out my backwards working list.

Keep the suggestions coming

Savanimal

Dweller

Jul 18, 2017
No Faction

Keep it going brah

Jul 10, 2017
NYC
The Syndicate
I'm not a game dev so I'll just write up descriptions and let you guys decide what the effects are based on what I wrote.

Name:
Aubiadura
Description: Originally conscripted in early 2102, by the Baalites when holy war was declared on the Terran Union. The now illegal drug was used to slow down the metabolism of its users, allowing them to fight for prolonged periods of times despite food shortages. The drug reportedly made users slightly lethargic, which affected the speed of normal combat operations. The drug's official administration was a patch applied directly on the back of the users neck. The drug contained itself to the blood vessels in the brain, releasing hormones which lowered metabolism, but in recent years the drug has been abused and users have reportedly applied it directly to the chest, right above the heart. Although this application did not help to reduce metabolism, it gave users a sense of euphoria and an decreased state of consciousness, leading to sluggish motor skills. Because of it's abuse by civilians and it's use by Baalites, the drug was outlawed by the Terran Union towards the end of the war circa 2108.

Name: Hemedrophine
Description: Hemedrophine was originally created as a medication to relieve the indents of North Star Mining on Copper City of the illness "cetrabreath". "Cetrabreath" was the name given to the effects indents would experience whenever gas leaks were inhaled. The name itself comes from the distinct smell an indents breath would exude. The gas would enter an indents respiratory system, and lower their blood pressure, causing dizziness, fatigue, and vomiting for days at a time, until the gas was expelled from the blood system. Hemedrophine was the solution to this problem. Hemedrophine would drastically increase blood pressure to relieve users of the symptoms, with the only side effect being a slight boost of energy followed by a crash. Eventually, some indents without "cetrabreath" used the drug and realized the boost of energy was significantly higher if the user was at a normal blood pressure. The use of Hemedrophine to increase combat operations was eventually outlawed by the Terran Union after users abused the drug to attack and mug civilians and other indents.

I tried to incorporate some of the lore we already have to give the drugs a bit more depth to them. Of course, if these little tidbits of lore aren't really fitting in with the universe, it wouldn't be too hard to just cut those pieces out.

Also, I had some ideas for TS lore I was thinking of posting in the suggestions forum, so @Chip Lawrie if you're either in the process of writing TS lore maybe I can help inspire you jajajajaja.

Reactions: Necidious
Jul 10, 2017
NYC
The Syndicate
Name: Defense Core Flex
Description: The Defense Core Flex came into existence at the beginning of the colonial space-age. Invented by Chief Terran Defense Corps Engineers, the long sleeve shirt was made to be deployable in any combat situation. Made of a new revolutionary synthetic thermoplastic polymer, the material is both lightweight and flexible. Due to the drastic temperature shifts experienced when deployed on multiple colonies, the Chief Engineers also wove a new polyurethane-wool material into the garment to insulate soldiers appropriately. Both accessible and versatile in it's usage, the Defense Core Flex is a staple in the Terran Defense Corps uniform.

might post more later today since I get paid to sit in a chair

Cathmor

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Aug 6, 2017
No Faction
Can I get me some of that Zydrate?

Aventus Mora

Dweller

Aug 24, 2017
Portugal
No Faction
I gave the suggestion of drugs being made from combining different chemicals but since it's another topic I'll leave it there.
Here are some chemical names I made some time ago while playing a table-top RPG.
- Deevuphyn
- Myrroxine
- Baro-Gel *
- MonoBase *
- Bim *
- Lorosol *
- Borliol
- Glasna
- Cephon *

The ones with * actually turned to be a word or part of a name of something so those you should check out if you want any of them, the other ones turned out to be nothing.
I think the DM also had some more (he was the one supposed to get the names), if you want I can also ask him for them just say the word :)