NSM Planet Cracker Spaceship

John White

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 23, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
Service Points: 0
NSM exclusive ship (world), which allows mining of materials at much lower cost.
It will also give different materials at different time. So 3-4 materials for few days then 3-4 other random materials as it finds different planets/asteroids.

Can also allow it to grant high tier ore that can't be found on currently colonized worlds that can be used for creating advanced equipment or just upgrades.

I remember suggesting this as a faction-wide event in fom. Donating resources to build the ship. Such event would add feeling of progression and development to the game world.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

David Ord

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
May 8, 2018
Civil Protection Commission
I like the idea of a faction controlled resources ship which mines asteroids for common and rare materials.

The ship could have large storage containment areas where factions can create wars and hack and steal large bulks of materials to use for their logistics department, or to on sell to the highest bidder.

The ownership of the ship can be decided by faction battles.

Nice idea

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
I wonder if there would be markers and necromorphs on it as well?

John White

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 23, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
I wonder if there would be markers and necromorphs on it as well?
You can add space bugs, so when mining sometimes they can get into the ship and start an infestation.

macmardigan

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 28, 2017
Among the living
My thoughts?
I assume you are trolling.

Why would we have a world with exclusive access to one faction so they can stage and mine away from all those pesky gankers?
I mean what could possibly go wrong?

John White

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 23, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
My thoughts?
I assume you are trolling.

Why would we have a world with exclusive access to one faction so they can stage and mine away from all those pesky gankers?
I mean what could possibly go wrong?
Nothing.
It's perfect eco heaven.

In defence of the proposal, it will only offer one or two resources at a time at random, ecoers will still need to get out.
Well I did suggest this like a year ago, before there was any info on what they are doing with economy, or the way they would be handling faction perks.
Will still be nice to see it, even if it's not exclusive.

JeffDillinger

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 27, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
I'd be more fun to make it planet based. Make a faction owning a colony be able to build an upgrade which makes mining/refining or something faster. You could make the upgrade expensive and requiring materials but it does improve yield by a good percentage. When the colony is lost, all upgrades go, giving more incentives for defending and keeping colonies.

Can even make it a faction objective: Build a giant mining L4z0r.

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
I'd be more fun to make it planet based. Make a faction owning a colony be able to build an upgrade which makes mining/refining or something faster. You could make the upgrade expensive and requiring materials but it does improve yield by a good percentage. When the colony is lost, all upgrades go, giving more incentives for defending and keeping colonies.

Can even make it a faction objective: Build a giant mining L4z0r.

This could be interesting and fit in to some planned mechanics.

How would you envision this?

JeffDillinger

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 27, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
This could be interesting and fit in to some planned mechanics.

How would you envision this?
I don't know if there are going to be static HQ like areas, otherwise you could make the HQ+defenses portable. Within the HQ, you'd be able to place terminals which will upgrade the colony. I.e. extra taxes due to better administrative efficiency, better mining due to better geological surveys, refining due to smelter efficiency increases. All these terminals are there until the colony changes hands, in which case they get automatically destroyed. Since this will make a colony worth more, there can also be extra defenses that can be placed in and around the HQ area. (Or area's, if you want to spread combat around the colony you can have like a defensive HQ, mining HQ, refining HQ where only those certain terminals can be placed and all of them need to be taken over in order to completely take over a colony. Maybe this could even lead to colony sharing, i.e. the TDC doesn't need a full colony so it'd be able to give the mining and refining parts of colonies to corps for tax income.

All terminals take a bunch of money, base materials and refined materials in order to create them, which will make it a faction wide effort in order to complete but the payback would also be significant.

I'm just throwing out some ideas, definitely would love some input.

Scavy

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Feb 1, 2019
Would make it difficult claiming territory and a great way to slow people down making territories not worth much until you build up its infrastructure. With the more swapping between factions destroying more of it each time.

Would make terrorism and sabotage interesting mechanics as well.