Game Designer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Nov 8, 2017
Germany
Followers of Eternity
Service Points: 5
As i don´t know where to put it i´ll just keep it here. Feel free to move the thread as you see fit.

As requested by Bioxide i´ll get down my first impressions.

Production itself goes very smooth without major bugs or something that may be crucial. I´ve produced single items and small stacks of 4-10 items per run with a total of 4 tasks running at the same time. No issues encountered in any of my productions. So far i got done 1 Peacemaker 7, 2 Krepkly, 6x 11mm Standard ammunition, 2x 8mm caseless, 6x 6.8mm caseless and 4x emergency MedKit.

There is a bug with the ammunition thou. If you produce ammunition in a higher yield only 1 clip gets transfered to the storage with the rest being lost. I had that problem with the 11mm standard as well as with the 6.8mm caseless. Other Items in higher yields dont have that bug thou, just ammunition.

I would suggest that the items we´re going to produce should be put into the inventory by default. With longer production chains it get´s exhausting to run from production to storage, back to production and again to storage to just go to production again. At least with refined materials would be nice.

Overall it´s very nice and enjoyable to be an EcoLord and have crafted the first gun of MR ever.
The economic system is very well build with just one minor bug so far. If im ever able to get some grass i´ll get started on armor.

Reactions: Demetri

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
Very nice, thank you for the bug report & feedback, I'm still deciding on the production/storage stuff, if we should be able to use storage while producing instead of running nonstop, my theory behind that was to add more risk, but it might be a bit tedious, still, it's all on the table and we haven't decided completely on the mechanics yet :p

Delan

Game Designer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Nov 8, 2017
Germany
Followers of Eternity
just change it for testing then:D

Skiy

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 12, 2017
The Syndicate
Service Points: 2
Bio said to post suggestions here for test, so posting them here.
  • Marketplace
- Search function required.
- Quantity and a buy button (rather than the single click currently used).
- Feedback when purchasing an item, perhaps in the chat log.
- Optional Send to Storage checkbox, leaving it unchecked would put the items in your inventory.
- Description of resources required for each PMOD would be nice.​
  • Storage
- Transfer all button for moving items from Inventory to Storage.
- Quantity should have a 'Max' so you don't have to type in a number. Would also suggest the possibility of adding 5, 10, 25, 50.
- Hotkey so we can click an item stack to transfer it to inventory or vice versa.​
  • Menu
- Pressing ESC while on the menu should exit the menu.​
  • Items
- PMODs, same as the suggestion for the marketplace, should have the resources required on them.
- Weapons should state what type of ammo they can use.
- Mining Tool could do with a little feedback for certain individuals who can't tell if they're hitting the ground or a rock.
- When inventory is full, a message letting the player know would also be appreciated.​

Delan

Game Designer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Nov 8, 2017
Germany
Followers of Eternity
Tonights production yield:
1x Krepkiy Ubiysta and a full set of Gray Discrete armor.

I maybe found another bug in production.
When i produced a higher yield of refined materials, i left the terminal and came back later. The yield still was right but i just got 1 item into my storage. Following Tasks have been reduced to 1 item after leaving production terminal.
2x 4 Glass
1x 3 Glass
1x 2 Glass
1x 3 Textiles

I also had a Task of 3 Chemicals where i left the terminal but on that one everything was thou.
I used Storage at the Strip club with production to the right, always using the left terminal. Storage was at ~630/1000

Hope it helps to trak down the issue.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
Tonights production yield:
1x Krepkiy Ubiysta and a full set of Gray Discrete armor.

I maybe found another bug in production.
When i produced a higher yield of refined materials, i left the terminal and came back later. The yield still was right but i just got 1 item into my storage. Following Tasks have been reduced to 1 item after leaving production terminal.
2x 4 Glass
1x 3 Glass
1x 2 Glass
1x 3 Textiles

I also had a Task of 3 Chemicals where i left the terminal but on that one everything was thou.
I used Storage at the Strip club with production to the right, always using the left terminal. Storage was at ~630/1000

Hope it helps to trak down the issue.
Interesting, thank you Delan! So the yields on the task window are correct but when you click on them and have the items sent to your storage they get set to 1?

Delan

Game Designer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Nov 8, 2017
Germany
Followers of Eternity
Interesting, thank you Delan! So the yields on the task window are correct but when you click on them and have the items sent to your storage they get set to 1?
That's right.

Delan

Game Designer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Nov 8, 2017
Germany
Followers of Eternity
Alright, lets move on.
Before the Patch yesterday i just got the MDS Militiaman done and was half way through my second armor set. There was no Platinium and every pmod with this material wasnt craftable.

However, there was a patch, a lot of fixes and Platinium. Ammunition production got fixed, storage got expanded and the mining section got some neat identifier for the materials. The pmods also got the discription done with the needed materials for production. The only thing missing is the ammo typ in weapons discriptions.

In the 2 hours i was in game i made:
1x Banshee Bravo (i got that Liner PP7 myself)
1x Banshee Projector (nice little nade launcher)
2x Plasma Discard Battery (I think 5 rounds is a bit to less, 10 rounds would seem fine thou)
7x Rifle Battery
5x Emergency Medkit
Full set of Gray Aketon (already nearly finished yesterday)

Production was smooth and i couldnt find any bug this time around.

On another note. There seems to be a drop in performance when opening storage with a count of ~800+ items. It mostly lasts for ~2 minutes and goes back up.
In mining, spawn rate of Silicium and Platinum is a bit low, way to much Sulfur, Uranium and Protain. Never used Uranium and Protain in any production so far.

Delan

Game Designer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Nov 8, 2017
Germany
Followers of Eternity
Todays yield was pretty good besides the little fights and bug finding out of production.
Full set of Harlequin Jester
Full set of Dino Raptor
5x 8mm Caseless

I had several tasks with 15 stacks in production for the Jester set and everything went smooth so i guess that little bug with the wrong yield being tranfered is fixed. At least i didnt have issues with that.

As there havent been any bugs in production for me since the Update i guess i could have a fast go on the rest of the armor sets and weapons if the material spawns are right.

Note: I need a bigger inventory for mass production. :D
To be honest, i can´t even produce the refined materials for 5 clips of ammo in one go. The first three, Aluminium, Metal Alloy and Gunpowder yield 55 Items in stacks of 5 per material and pmod and has me run two times for just production step.