Questions & Answers for Mankind Reborn

voltagex23

Clone

Supporting Donator
Jul 11, 2017
No Faction
Service Points: 0
Huge fan of the PVP but I have also heard mention of PVE aspects of the game what can we expect from that?

Tod Maddux

Enthusiast

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 30, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
Can there be a PVP flag? I dont want to get ganked all the time like roids, maybe make it so you have to turn your pvp flag to be attacked.

Luna Tic

Dweller

Jul 31, 2017
No Faction
Can there be a PVP flag? I dont want to get ganked all the time like roids, maybe make it so you have to turn your pvp flag to be attacked.
If you're getting ganked that often, hire a few mercs as protection. 500 per hour, 2000 bonus if you get attacked.

macmardigan

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 28, 2017
Among the living
Guns of the Conclave
Even though I personally disliked the PVE in FoM, I believe that if done right can provide a valuable asset for MR in the aspect of new players retention. Nobody likes losing always, and the PVE encounters might provide the much needed victories. This being said I would ask:

Will the logic behind PVE encounters be similar to PVP ones?

By this I mean that PVE won't be like FoM where dodging, for example, was harmful to your chance of success because mobs would always hit you no matter what, and your dodging moves only increased the chance of FF and hampered your aim. It was better to just stand still. Totally the opposite to normal (PVP) fights. Or won't be requiring special gear for PVE that is useless for PVP.

Recapping: Will PVE provide training for PVP?

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Beaverton, Oregon
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
Even though I personally disliked the PVE in FoM, I believe that if done right can provide a valuable asset for MR in the aspect of new players retention. Nobody likes losing always, and the PVE encounters might provide the much needed victories. This being said I would ask:

Will the logic behind PVE encounters be similar to PVP ones?

By this I mean that PVE won't be like FoM where dodging, for example, was harmful to your chance of success because mobs would always hit you no matter what, and your dodging moves only increased the chance of FF and hampered your aim. It was better to just stand still. Totally the opposite to normal (PVP) fights. Or won't be requiring special gear for PVE that is useless for PVP.

Recapping: Will PVE provide training for PVP?
PvE will consist of drones/aliens, drones will either be security drones in high-sec areas, enemy drones or hacked/malfunctioning drones, they will shoot at you with guns and will be slow, kinda like turrets with legs, except they'll miss shots, can be hacked, disabled with EMPs or destroyed. Aliens will have their home planet similar to necars field, where you'll be able to hunt them for alien parts and eggs, plus the map will be better designed for encounters. They'll attack in swarms and will be pretty fast, alien infestations will occur randomly in colonies, with higher chances for colonies near the alien planet, players will also be able to harvest alien eggs and infect colonies.

That's pretty much it for now regarding PvE, we won't be touching the PvE aspect of the game until we're done with the core 3 (combat, eco and factions), but personally I want more PvE on the game.

Luna Tic

Dweller

Jul 31, 2017
No Faction
PvE will consist of drones/aliens, drones will either be security drones in high-sec areas, enemy drones or hacked/malfunctioning drones, they will shoot at you with guns and will be slow, kinda like turrets with legs, except they'll miss shots, can be hacked, disabled with EMPs or destroyed. Aliens will have their home planet similar to necars field, where you'll be able to hunt them for alien parts and eggs, plus the map will be better designed for encounters. They'll attack in swarms and will be pretty fast, alien infestations will occur randomly in colonies, with higher chances for colonies near the alien planet, players will also be able to harvest alien eggs and infect colonies.

That's pretty much it for now regarding PvE, we won't be touching the PvE aspect of the game until we're done with the core 3 (combat, eco and factions), but personally I want more PvE on the game.
Any possibility that the lack of use of a planet could see a build up more and more aliens? Leading to an almost overrun area that needs to be cleared out before the planet/colony can be utilized again.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Beaverton, Oregon
Guns of the Conclave
Any possibility that the lack of use of a planet could see a build up more and more aliens? Leading to an almost overrun area that needs to be cleared out before the planet/colony can be utilized again.
That's the plan, the new FDC will have a reason to do patrols (saving mankind from the xeno threat) apart from it's usual PvP role

Tod Maddux

Enthusiast

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 30, 2017
I think the new FDC should only be a PVE faction. Farin only PVE'd anyways. They can just fight the aliens and listen to badbob on ts3.

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
No Faction
Is it possible to recreate FoM maps or are there legal issues? Would be good to see P51 on a good engine
There would be legal issues and it is also something we wouldn't want to do as we're aiming to create our own game and legacy.

Safwan

Enthusiast

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 1, 2017
We can be like Apple. change shit slightly and claim that its new

Reactions: Luna Tic

Shakespears

Game Writer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
There would be legal issues and it is also something we wouldn't want to do as we're aiming to create our own game and legacy.
Quite a lot of similarities already, why not have some of the good ones?

VisualAssets

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Aug 7, 2017
Romania
No Faction
Quite a lot of similarities already, why not have some of the good ones?
Mankind Reborn is a spiritual successor of Face of Mankind, not a remake, a revamp or a tribute to the game. Where there are game mechanics to pay tribute to, which MR will do, such as the combat system, eco/production system and other such similarities, they will exist, but where the original game has failed the players into bringing them a better, more proactive and long-lasting experience, MR will push the concept forward and take it to the next level.

VisualAssets

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Aug 7, 2017
Romania
No Faction
Mankind Reborn is a spiritual successor of Face of Mankind, not a remake, a revamp or a tribute to the game. Where there are game mechanics to pay tribute to, which MR will do, such as the combat system, eco/production system and other such similarities, they will exist, but where the original game has failed the players into bringing them a better, more proactive and long-lasting experience, MR will push the concept forward and take it to the next level.
EDIT: To be more specific, and refer directly to the map themselves, which were the only ones mentioned above, Face of Mankind failed to emulate a specific style, but rather created a mishmash between retro sci-fi and post-cyberpunk. The game, being advertised as cyberpunk, and the community acting up to the standard (with all that meritocratic jazz), in my vision, it failed to clearly underline a statement that it had to make to the player-base. What it did, in exchange, is that it tried to please everybody by adapting several styles with low-end world generation and mapping.

What I would like to see in MR is not the blank, stale maps of Face of Mankind, no matter what memories I might have from the 8 years I've played it, but rather a true cyberpunk setting, with contrasts varying from deserted harsh environments to neon-filled wet Nanjing/Shanghai/Tokyo over-urbanized alleyways to clean, sharp, edgy architecture in the specific financial districts.

What I would like to see in MR is not players trying their best to give life to the place (see last days of FoM and how the absence of players had a heavy detrimental effect on the psychology of the lone player), but for the decor and aspect of the place to aid in creating a unique experience together with the mechanics set it place, in tribute, or not, of Face of Mankind.

Arkavus

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jul 15, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
I think we found our perfect mid-level manager.

Cadonez

Activist

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jul 29, 2017
Brumpapa
The Syndicate
Will there be baseball bats and machetes/energy swords?

Rank 7 only special armor clothing?

Will clothing be partially or completely limited to each faction or will every faction have the ability to wear the same stuff?

Safwan

Enthusiast

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 1, 2017
all I need is Berets. all different colors. green, black, khaki etc.

Lukas Zelinski

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 2, 2017
How do you hope to market this game? One thing is for certain; it needs a big community to survive. So, will you be relying on the old veterans or will you try for a more broad appeal? How many people do you realistically expect to attract?

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Beaverton, Oregon
Guns of the Conclave
How do you hope to market this game? One thing is for certain; it needs a big community to survive. So, will you be relying on the old veterans or will you try for a more broad appeal? How many people do you realistically expect to attract?
At the moment and till the alpha/beta, I want to keep the game off the radar till we have an actual game to show, first impressions are everything and gamers now a days have too much options and the attention span of a fly. We have a nice community at the moment and I intend on keeping it that way and slowly grow it, the game is being built to cater to the fom crowd as well to sandbox pvp/pve/crafting players, so I'm pretty sure we can get people that never really played fom interested in MR.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much people we will be able to get, it really depends on the marketing strategy to attract new players and good mechanics to keep everyone interested. We can get really popular or we can just have a small niche community of loyal players, who knows, but I want to make sure the game itself is good enough to keep players logged in, if we have that, the rest will come naturally.

Mankind Reborn is really not meant to be a huge game to compete with other games on the sandbox/shooter market, I'm building this to play fom again and to have fun with the community but with hopes of growing it, it's just me developing the game, but like I said, who knows?