Cammy

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
QA Volunteer
Jun 1, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 0
Oda was one of the first backstories I wrote. We might do another pass at it. Gohan-Speedy! remains, however.

Rename it Asian coalition, done m8.

El Jefe

Clone

Oct 6, 2018
No Faction
Avicii here from FoM. What is the closest to Mercenaries

James Russell

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 20, 2018
Terran Defense Corps
I wonder if there is a plan in place to help balance the spread of members across factions. So hopefully there isn't one or two factions that overwhelmingly underpopulated.

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
I wonder if there is a plan in place to help balance the spread of members across factions. So hopefully there isn't one or two factions that overwhelmingly underpopulated.
While we can't force players to balance out faction numbers, we will try to make each faction appealing.

Another critical element is that the staff will work to support faction leaders rather than forcing arbitrary plans or storylines upon them, apart from the faction lore/backstory.

We want higher ranks to organize and lead their factions, not just rank whore for status/respect. There are currently efforts to design/develop sensible ways for each faction to eliminate under-performing leaders through in-game player influenced ways.

Reactions: James Russell

James Russell

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 20, 2018
Terran Defense Corps
While we can't force players to balance out faction numbers, we will try to make each faction appealing.

Another critical element is that the staff will work to support faction leaders rather than forcing arbitrary plans or storylines upon them, apart from the faction lore/backstory.

We want higher ranks to organize and lead their factions, not just rank whore for status/respect. There are currently efforts to design/develop sensible ways for each faction to eliminate under-performing leaders through in-game player influenced ways.

Oh, right, I by no means meant that staff should put caps on factions or anything like that. I like what you said there, by making all factions appealing in their own way it lets it be up to the individual player to decide what they want to do or how they want to play rather in a sandbox.

Also I wish I could give you more thumbs up about HC. I always hated do nothing higher, showed face once a week and aside f rom piss and moan on forums. HC should should set goals, put plans in place, and lead his/her people to achieving said goals. Advancing the faction and the story.

Demetri

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 29, 2017
North Star Mining
Service Points: 2
The population of faction really depends on how its ran by the players. I started FoM when it was just beginning to die off(FoM legacy 2010) I was able to witness huge zergs, epic wars and be just a small part of something.

After my collective FoM experience, faction popularity and activity really depended on who was running it. When I was CMG HC we had the same 3 R6's that never actively did a thing for the faction for years once I was R7 I mentioned something about just demoting them and it was like ai commited cold blooded murder. It's just how it was in every major faction, LED and FDC especially It was like you had to have played the game for years on end to get anywhere. Always the same band of pricks either not doing a thing or deliberately ruined the experience for others just because they were bored.

I will say there were some really good R7's who did a restructuring when needed and appointed a good HC.

It is all up to the community to decide the fate of faction popularity. Me being way older now I can know what things I'd do different and much better than I did in FoM.

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
No Faction
Service Points: 2400
I must admit that we are still very much considering our options regarding the introductions of each faction in the game. It is likely we will introduce more and more factions as the game gains more popularity and player base. It seems like the most reasonable way of handling that specific situation.

We most certainly do not want empty factions in Mankind Reborn.

Reactions: Drakxon

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
I must admit that we are still very much considering our options regarding the introductions of each faction in the game. It is likely we will introduce more and more factions as the game gains more popularity and player base. It seems like the most reasonable way of handling that specific situation.

We most certainly do not want empty factions in Mankind Reborn.
Stop leaking my DLC and expansion ideas FFS

Cammy

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
QA Volunteer
Jun 1, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
Makes me wonder, what was the least populated faction FoM? My guess is VI, so my guess is whichever MR faction is similar to them
Asian Coalition was.

It was good for having a ganking alt, but it was pretty much non existant with player activity, VI had more activity really the entire time it was in the game, VI was introduced and replaced AC to appeal to more people i think

Jord

Expounder

Jun 1, 2017
Avalon
Enterprises
It's hard to know which faction(s) will be the least populated. However it's worth saying that faction population will not play as big of a role as it did in FoM. There will be less focus on dominating the starmap, more ways to play the game than simply combat or eco and a variety of ways to win a battle or war that makes being an underdog still quite viable.

Reactions: Viper and Osiris

James Russell

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 20, 2018
Terran Defense Corps
It's hard to know which faction(s) will be the least populated. However it's worth saying that faction population will not play as big of a role as it did in FoM. There will be less focus on dominating the starmap, more ways to play the game than simply combat or eco and a variety of ways to win a battle or war that makes being an underdog still quite viable.
That is actually VERY refreshing to hear. I look forward to seeing y'all put that together! Although I did love kicking ass and getting my ass kicked.

Gavin

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 22, 2017
North Star Mining
I have a discord with 9000 actives that play games like this that are kids don't make me summon the 14 year old army.
I'll make a division called kony's warband

Mermer

Dweller

Contributor
Jun 4, 2017
No Faction
0 culture clout or continuity
This was exactly the problem. Every time a new CEO came in they threw out the rule book, prived everyone who told them no, installed their own cronies as BoD then logged off. Pretty much every aspect of the corp changed with each new CEO and eventually things got so fluid it became known as the place you could show up to with 5 shitlords and take over. Almost no culture whatsoever.
And yes I think Oda will probably be the least popular, which is why I'm joining...because I fucking hate myself.