Egroeg

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 10, 2017
Area 69, Antarctica
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
So this suggestion would help a lot with the Clans, but could be implemented with the others in some way. So I'll be basing this a lot around The Syndicate.

With our family system, having sub-department within the family would allow for the creation of different rackets and operations all while being under a family. HC can make a rule for the leaders to have a certain amount of members for the creation of sub-departments to be made, or good reasoning, that way there isn't a thousand.

With that the R6 of the family can set a permission for R5's or R4's to create a sub-department within the department and recruit their own members, even outside of that family to join. The R6 could have anothother option for how people can display their department like in FoM. Where maybe even those in sub-departments but didn't come from the main department can even set themselves as being in the main department, or they can only set themselves displayed as the sub-department. So members would have to join the main, then join the sub, to use the main's tag. Ofc there would be multiple department chats.

Example:
I'll use my family The Conglomerate, where people are allowed to start their own operations or rackets. So two of my members want to start something somewhere and create a sub-department and recruit those for that. Those recruited for that will be displayed as being in that sub-departments name, while those two that came from my family will be displayed as The Conglomerate.

Ik this adds a little more complexity but could be useful, esp to the clans.

Reactions: Skiy

Banjo

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Example:
I'll use my family The Conglomerate, where people are allowed to start their own operations or rackets. So two of my members want to start something somewhere and create a sub-department and recruit those for that. Those recruited for that will be displayed as being in that sub-departments name, while those two that came from my family will be displayed as The Conglomerate.
I don't quite understand how your example fits with what you are suggesting, wouldn't a mission/group be better suited for an operation?
I would have thought your example would involve different subdivision of your deparment. I know nothing of bos history / organisation. But something like a sub dept for drug dealers and one for guards and one for smuglers or what ever.

John White

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jul 23, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
So it's like families and sub families in yakuza.
As I was reading through I was expecting some mechanics and bonuses suggestions, but all you're asking is for different name to be displayed.
Why not just let them make their own clan if there is enough population and they have good reasoning?
I fail to understand why they have to be sub department and not have their own department instead.
Instead of asking for new mechanic maybe make it into laws of the faction.
Like Main clan leads are R6's, but they can allow members to create subsidiary clans who's leaders will be lower rank or something like that.
It seems like something that is achievable with current system. If I failed to understand you, please do correct me.

Egroeg

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 10, 2017
Area 69, Antarctica
The Syndicate
I don't quite understand how your example fits with what you are suggesting, wouldn't a mission/group be better suited for an operation?
I would have thought your example would involve different subdivision of your deparment. I know nothing of bos history / organisation. But something like a sub dept for drug dealers and one for guards and one for smuglers or what ever.
Basically sub dept for those that wanna do drugs, one who fight, etc. But all under the same family.

So it's like families and sub families in yakuza.
As I was reading through I was expecting some mechanics and bonuses suggestions, but all you're asking is for different name to be displayed.
Why not just let them make their own clan if there is enough population and they have good reasoning?
I fail to understand why they have to be sub department and not have their own department instead.
Instead of asking for new mechanic maybe make it into laws of the faction.
Like Main clan leads are R6's, but they can allow members to create subsidiary clans who's leaders will be lower rank or something like that.
It seems like something that is achievable with current system. If I failed to understand you, please do correct me.
All I can say is like the sub departments would have different purposes and different bonuses and thus why a couple different sub departments under one big main family would help that family achieve multiple goals without issue.

I'll be more clear when I can.

Joshua Jones

Citizen

Supporting Donator
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jul 10, 2018
Civil Protection Commission
I get what you mean. I think the confusion is the fact people are thinking of your family as a department and not as its own independent identity within a faction.

Your sub departments are almost like the departments of other factions.

As R6 youre the head of the family. Then your R5s are head of your separate rackets such as drugs, protection, etc.

I think its almost a necessary suggestion. Just make it so these rackets require an R5 to be made and you're good to go.

Egroeg

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 10, 2017
Area 69, Antarctica
The Syndicate
I get what you mean. I think the confusion is the fact people are thinking of your family as a department and not as its own independent identity within a faction.

As R6 youre the head of the family. Then your R5s are head of your separate rackets such as drugs, protection, etc.

I think its almost a necessary suggestion. Just make it so these rackets require an R5 to be made and you're good to go.
Exactly, hence why I said this is more for the clans, maybe the others in some use.

Our R6's run families and the R5's territories, rackets, operations with like R4's assisting.

With that, this suggestion would work well for the clans.

Cadonez

Enthusiast

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jul 29, 2017
Brumpapa
The Syndicate

What I’ve been trying to say since they told me syndicate would use the family system

Reactions: Egroeg

Skiy

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 12, 2017
The Syndicate
Service Points: 2
Can the HC have more in-depth options and settings? Rules like what ranks can create departments, how many is minimum. Being able to set goals for individual departments and provide a department overview (kinda filler). More tools are good for everyone.

Reactions: Egroeg