Suggestions for Future in MR

David Ord

Dilettante

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
Following suggestions to curb the griefing in game in MR future

1. Penalty point speed reduction in ceres cell block removed keeping criminals that have built up large amounts of penalty points behind bars longer then currently implemented.

2. Increase the penalty point generation to 400 for the initial attacker in lethal combat.

3. Have Earth, Ceres and Moonbase colonies hardcoded to the tu for uc and pp generation and arresting. Territories as always are free for the taking/agreements made between factions. The tu needs colony strongholds to operate througout and have dominance as the government to funtion as intended and needs no mechanical impedance. Every other colony is up for grabs for the remaining 6 factions, the colony controlling faction can decide if they want the tu to have jurisdiction to generate penalty points and to help against crime from other players and protect faction assets and income streams.

4.Include a bar for each colony to show the current crime level status, but not have it tied into gain/loss of uc for the colony owner, more of a visual warning to other players that if you travel to this colony you need to keep alert. May even reduce or stop people complaining about unnecessary griefing from others as the visual status is there to show a high crime level on the colony. Some may even petition the tu to look at a takeover to restore law and order.

Hepopotan

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
I agree with the 3rd point as it might help with creating colonies that can act as pseudo hub worlds for players and provide a little bit of safety for new players. It'd also probably be easy to write into the lore, with respect to having these colonies hard-coded with PP generation since CPC is based on Earth, Ceres, and is connected to moonbase (could be achieved by putting respawning crimewatch deployables around the map or just hard-coded). I agree with all the other statements, however, it is a pre-alpha test so maybe the first point is mute in the interest of testing mechanics over providing longer punishments (which point 2 already accomplishes and I agree with harsher penalties for ganks).

I also think that duels should still be able to take place on these worlds, just at specific locations or maybe just have a similar option to the trade window from FoM that you can request duels from players without PP generation for the attack (former option probably easier but latter might be more dynamic, or if its crimewatch deployables that respawn around the map they could be destroyed).

Also, scanning crime snapshots should just instantly transfer PP to the offender once finished instead of having to go through data pads and their terminals, as it would allow for more efficient PP generation. Terminals should be used instead just to view MW suspects and maybe their last location if they pass by a crimewatch deployable or something like that.

Last edited:

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Project Management
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
I agree with the 3rd point as it might help with creating colonies that can act as pseudo hub worlds for players and provide a little bit of safety for new players. It'd also probably be easy to write into the lore, with respect to having these colonies hard-coded with PP generation since CPC is based on Earth, Ceres, and is connected to moonbase (could be achieved by putting respawning crimewatch deployables around the map or just hard-coded). I agree with all the other statements, however, it is a pre-alpha test so maybe the first point is mute in the interest of testing mechanics over providing longer punishments (which point 2 already accomplishes and I agree with harsher penalties for ganks).

I also think that duels should still be able to take place on these worlds, just at specific locations or maybe just have a similar option to the trade window from FoM that you can request duels from players without PP generation for the attack (former option probably easier but latter might be more dynamic, or if its crimewatch deployables that respawn around the map they could be destroyed).

Also, scanning crime snapshots should just instantly transfer PP to the offender once finished instead of having to go through data pads and their terminals, as it would allow for more efficient PP generation. Terminals should be used instead just to view MW suspects and maybe their last location if they pass by a crimewatch deployable or something like that.

The addition of crime datapads is similar to the PP cards in FoM, where you have to manually report the crime on a terminal, it adds a bit more manual steps into PP generation and allows an investigator playstyle to flourish. This would require having an active player base to truly see how it plays out, I won't discard the possibility of removing the feature in favor of allowing scans to process snapshots at the crime scene, so we'll see first how it works before making huge modifications to the system.

I agree with the points Ord made and curious to hear what non-CPC players think.

HBnY

Asst. Economy Designer

Community Contributor
Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
Following suggestions to curb the griefing in game in MR future

1. Penalty point speed reduction in ceres cell block removed keeping criminals that have built up large amounts of penalty points behind bars longer then currently implemented.

2. Increase the penalty point generation to 400 for the initial attacker in lethal combat.

3. Have Earth, Ceres and Moonbase colonies hardcoded to the tu for uc and pp generation and arresting. Territories as always are free for the taking/agreements made between factions. The tu needs colony strongholds to operate througout and have dominance as the government to funtion as intended and needs no mechanical impedance. Every other colony is up for grabs for the remaining 6 factions, the colony controlling faction can decide if they want the tu to have jurisdiction to generate penalty points and to help against crime from other players and protect faction assets and income streams.

4.Include a bar for each colony to show the current crime level status, but not have it tied into gain/loss of uc for the colony owner, more of a visual warning to other players that if you travel to this colony you need to keep alert. May even reduce or stop people complaining about unnecessary griefing from others as the visual status is there to show a high crime level on the colony. Some may even petition the tu to look at a takeover to restore law and order.
1. Why do you want people with high PP to last longer in prison?
2. Alot of the PP values needs a revision tbh, like some drugs can get you penalised by as much as 120 PP every few minutes while ganking only gives 200 PP
3. No. Just no. TU should be stronger than any other faction I agree but not to the point of DOMINATING other factions. 1000000% Just NO.
4. I like the idea

Battlepaw

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civilian
2. Alot of the PP values needs a revision tbh, like some drugs can get you penalised by as much as 120 PP every few minutes while ganking only gives 200 PP
3. No. Just no. TU should be stronger than any other faction I agree but not to the point of DOMINATING other factions. 1000000% Just NO.
4. I like the idea
I have to agree, with the stance on PP. The ability to arrest and issue pp is a unique set of powers and RP that intrinsically give then advantages over every other faction, both in RP positions, and in the ability to control behavior, etc. While many if not most are responsible, we all know what happens in video games, and how people are. The current way I've seen CPC played by it's members does not encourage me. They are and should not police the factions, or even instruct behavior. In the past LED had a good training program that emphasized roleplay, and not just the exercise of powers, like running around and randomly scanning people or just looking for people who could have PP to be issued, and not focusing instead on being a police force, and playing as a police force and not an occupying army in whatever beat they can find an excuse to stake out. I saw way too much of that In FOM for my taste, and it often stifled interaction, and gameplay.

Ord's idea about being able to see crime data, and have an RP reason to call in help is a good one, but it should not be a crime to defend or attack within normal faction fighting. There has to be a lot of separation to keep CPC from getting involved in normal PvP between factions.

Instead of for example running around underground scanning people setup checkpoints, and RP with people. Scan those that go through checkpoints, etc. Having the ability to build physical scanners, and only let the higher ranks us the portable scanners encourages the lower ranks to setup checkpoints, etc.

FoM at it's heart was as much a PvP experience as it was an RP experience, and Reborn is no different. Factions should not have CPC butting in where they can find an excuse if they are beefing with each other, and putting people in lockup for large amounts of PP, and trying to constantly keep them separated from the rest of the population by extending their time out, won't encourage them to play. It's one reason why I got frustrated as an FDC in FoM, where just doing my job would rack up PP over time, and I had to constantly turn myself in.

David Ord

Dilettante

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
4. I like the idea
1. Likely its a current game design to have players spend small amount in time in the prison, but the x2 speed up of a prison sentence needs to be removed as it has no lore purpose.

2. Murder value has increased slightly, the difference with the MR crime system is that the scanner has to be used to download the crime shot and submitted and the only autimatic system is by using crime watch deployables. It promotes a united gameplay to combat crime which i like.

3. Its important to understand cpc/tdc are bound by laws and processes and has limits on freedom of gameplay. The R6s are voted upon by the senate, no other factions are under this process. The cpc has its limits as the police force which is responsible for law enforcement ig, agree or disagree this is the factions purpose and it does need a stable platform to operate as intended.

4. The visual display will also help bring about some roleplay elements, raids, operations etc