This community isn't even toxic

SODANK

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
And I'm not saying this to complain and tell people to start being toxic.

I just been playing for a few weeks now and... Don't really see a toxic community as i was led to believe. Day 1 i was talking to a bunch of FoM vets (I can't consider myself one for only having played 24 hours of Fall of the dominion near it's death) and they swear to me that the community was toxic and on par (Or worse) than 4chan and I don't really see it yet.

Lot of you people seem cool and willing to be helpful and nice. And I'm talking as someone who's coming from EVE Online whos played that game for about 8 years now and I wanna say that community is far worse than yall. So much triablistic bullshit littered with lizard brain linear thinking and exorbitant amount of mean spirited shit talking over dumb fucking memes.

Sure, I see a mean spirited comment from someone here every now and then, and then we get some PvP engagements and edgy jokes. But to me that doesn't even quality as "toxicity". It's very mild and everyone here seems very capable of policing themshelves and building and following their own rules. I worried about RDM in this game yet never see it becuase everyone has some semblance of courtesy and discipline. F

Hell, I've even been told that the shit talking in this game is all for the sport of it and not something to even be taken seriously. It's just all for the fun of conflict and immersion.

Everyone here just seems cool and on the level and willing to have a good time.

I like it here .____.

SODANK

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
Just wait.
See, what exactly am I waiting for? People are super ominous about this because it's not the first time someone has told me "Oh it's not toxic... YET!"

But what exactly am i waiting to start seeing happen that could be considered toxic? Is this whole community gonna become /pol/ over night some shit and make super race baiting comment and topics?

I need an example Of what I'm waiting to see happen.
Coming from Rust, this game isn't really that toxic. The problem is that these kids get the tiniest bit of power (HC) and it goes to their heads
I wouldn't even consider that toxic? I in part thought that was apart of the whole experience of players working up the ladder and obtaining power over their faction and having to decide to abuse it or not. The game itself has "Mankind" in the title and the history of mankind has shown that power has the tendency to corrupt and make people power abusers.

It's just opens up a dynamic situation for players of this game to handle.

DM 887

D
Just wait.
I distance myself and condemn in the strongest possible terms the above comment coming from a high ranking member of the CPC. I would like the gentlemen to retract this comment that condemns this wonderful community without proof and for him to show better judgment in the future.

Pablo Hernandez

Helpful Citizen

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
SODANK, the FoM community was more toxic than the 4chan community by far lol. I'm sure quite a few FoM vets can remember the time 4chan users were shit talking FoM and its player base and when they got on they got bullied out of them game (I believe it was 4chan, if I can remember correctly). I also agree with Safwans "Just wait." the people playing the game right now are by far the least toxic individuals to ever touch FoM or FotD, I can promise you that lol.

SODANK

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
SODANK, the FoM community was more toxic than the 4chan community by far lol. I'm sure quite a few FoM vets can remember the time 4chan users were shit talking FoM and its player base and when they got on they got bullied out of them game (I believe it was 4chan, if I can remember correctly). I also agree with Safwans "Just wait." the people playing the game right now are by far the least toxic individuals to ever touch FoM or FotD, I can promise you that lol.

You tell me this and yet I feel this again kinda constricts the notion that the actual community is toxic. If I'm understanding this right - 4chan users tried to organize a raid and tried to be toxic griefers and the actual native community of FoM was like "Nah" and banded together to fuck on these tryhards trying to be toxic.

Did FoM have a bigger player base than Im led to believe? It's a very niche game I'm aware, so the playerbase was never that big, but it does seem like everyone knows everyone over here in MR so I'm led to believe FoM was a very tight knit community. Then again there could have just been a bunch of randos that were the toxic players that are being alluded to

Then again, I refer back to my point in the OP that people here seem very capable of policing themshelves and that if some tryhard did swing by and try to be a toxic cunt, that people would just stomp them out.

Pablo Hernandez

Helpful Citizen

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
FoM had a fairly large player base, not comparable to other games of its time by any means really but the player base was definitely there. Most people know each other because some of us played FoM for 4+ years lol so you would of course run into the same individuals almost everyday. There were A LOT of randos that played the game and were overly toxic and thats why nobody really knows them kek because most people like that were ignored.

I'd say right now the reason why you do not see much toxicity is because the Discord has restrictions on what you can/cant say etc. Staff are ALWAYS watching what is said in game and are pretty quick to ban/mute overly toxic people and the community know this, hell even some of the current HC of Factions were pretty Toxic in FoM (Myself Included lol) Shit even some of the STAFF members were toxic as hell in FoM lmfao. If you were around a 5-6 months ago or even a year ago the discord and in game chat looked a LOT different. I had to bring a bot in to the GotC discord because people were complaining about the racism and toxicity happening in it.

**Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that the new player base thinks the community isn't toxic, Im just trying to point things out as to why you dont see any toxicity.**

Last edited:
Reactions: Egroeg and SODANK

SODANK

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
hell even some of the current HC of Factions were pretty Toxic in FoM (Myself Included lol) Shit even some of the STAFF members were toxic as hell in FoM lmfao.
Well, what did you guys do?

Pablo Hernandez

Helpful Citizen

Golden Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
Well, what did you guys do?
There is honestly too much to tell and I'd rather not bring up too much of the past and get screeched at for it lol.

Reactions: SODANK

Safwan

Activist

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civil Protection Commission
I distance myself and condemn in the strongest possible terms the above comment coming from a high ranking member of the CPC. I would like the gentlemen to retract this comment that condemns this wonderful community without proof and for him to show better judgment in the future.
I said what I said

Jade Star

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Avalon Enterprises
Oh yeah this community absolutely has toxic individuals. I mean SOME micro pp's here couldn't handle it when I first revealed I was a female. The misogyny shown by SOME little weaklings here was pretty eye opening. I shouldn't have been, but I was abit surprised, caught me off guard I suppose. Don't make the same mistake SODANK, once you let your guard down BOOM that's when the toxicity hits.

Wilbon

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
Oh yeah this community absolutely has toxic individuals. I mean SOME micro pp's here couldn't handle it when I first revealed I was a female. The misogyny shown by SOME little weaklings here was pretty eye opening. I shouldn't have been, but I was abit surprised, caught me off guard I suppose. Don't make the same mistake SODANK, once you let your guard down BOOM that's when the toxicity hits.

Damn just @ me next time.

Cadonez

Activist

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
I hate to see it but many of the above comments are correct. This microcosm of the community playing is far from the worst of our breed. The majority of what’s referred to when the toxic community is mentioned are the ones who refuse to pay $35 to beta test but are waiting for an open test to ply their craft. That being said there are many wonderful players in our community who are often overlooked by said comments.

SODANK

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
You all just seem so nice and cool though :C

I don't wanna believe this is a terrible community

• Love
Reactions: Necidious

Dick Kickem

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civilian
Don't get me wrong, there are still tosic individuals in FoM just like any game. But I think a lot of it has subsided from ye olden days due in large part to the community growing up. A lot of us were young/kids during the time of old FoM. The decade+ that some of us have been away from the game has given people a lot of time to mature. You put a bunch of 15 year olds into a sandbox game with minimal oversight and you're destined for trouble.

Most players have grown out of that stage and have actual responsibilities and problems to deal with now that just makes being tosic in a video game less appealing. Sure, we all love to see old faces and shit talk and take jabs at each other, but I feel like now it comes from more of a place of love and as a way to reminisce about the old days. Instead of the actual old days when a lot of it was actual directed at people to make them feel bad. Most people are playing the game as a way to relive our cherished memories and have some fun with their old friends and it's really not such a personal slugging match anymore.

Wilbon

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
It was. Admittedly it was also a different time.

But, it'll be on all of us in the community to not let it get as toxic as it was in FoM, and make sure those that are truly problems, the truly toxic.. don't have the support to be that way. It's more than a staff issue, if we allow the toxic to thrive and feel welcome they will nest here and we will repeat the past.