Weapons Rebalancing

HBnY

Asst. Economy Designer

Community Contributor
Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 0

These are the long awaited proposed changes for weapons. BioXide has approved of the changes. If anyone would like to further discuss, give an input,or would like a different change, feel free to post your arguements and opinions.

MacgyverTheDiver

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
Uh.....T3s are worse than T1s? That's not just silly, that's redacted.

Hepopotan

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civil Protection Commission
petition to remove all t3

Hepopotan

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
/signed

• Haha
Reactions: KTwist

HBnY

Asst. Economy Designer

Community Contributor
Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
Uh.....T3s are worse than T1s? That's not just silly, that's redacted.
Thats what my rebalancing suggestion is trying to fix. We bring their DPS closer to each other and streamline the spread just to see what would happen. Essentially with the higher tier weapons, youre paying to kill someone with less ammo and extra range as Bio wanted the Militiamen and Banshee Bravo to act more like a DMR

MacgyverTheDiver

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
Thats what my rebalancing suggestion is trying to fix. We bring their DPS closer to each other and streamline the spread just to see what would happen. Essentially with the higher tier weapons, youre paying to kill someone with less ammo and extra range as Bio wanted the Militiamen and Banshee Bravo to act more like a DMR
Oh, I apologize if I wasn't clear. Your suggestion which would still leave T3s worse than T1s is redacted.

DM 887

D

These are the long awaited proposed changes for weapons. BioXide has approved of the changes. If anyone would like to further discuss, give an input,or would like a different change, feel free to post your arguements and opinions.
I don't agree with either values. The best approach imo should be to have the same fire rate for all semi-tiers. Then adjust the dps with damage,spread and recoil. Even though the paper dps might look relatively higher the added spread/recoil would automatically limit the fire speed without needing to hardcode it.

Reactions: Egroeg

HBnY

Asst. Economy Designer

Community Contributor
Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
I don't agree with either values. The best approach imo should be to have the same fire rate for all semi-tiers. Then adjust the dps with damage,spread and recoil. Even though the paper dps might look relatively higher the added spread/recoil would automatically limit the fire speed without needing to hardcode it.
Cant do this because BioXide wants the T3 semi rifles work more like a DMR ie shoot slow but high damage so to compensate that I did what I could while trying to maintain DPS Balance across the board because if a gun is significantly better than others then that will be the go to meta and BioXide wants to make every thing as viable as possible. As for adjusting spread, I personally would just like to see the semis have no spread and reserve spread only for autos but BioXide wants to keep spread values quite high for semis to counter old FOM where people just goes for the semi weapons 100% of the time (PP7 and DOA).

DM 887

D
Cant do this because BioXide wants the T3 semi rifles work more like a DMR ie shoot slow but high damage so to compensate that I did what I could while trying to maintain DPS Balance across the board because if a gun is significantly better than others then that will be the go to meta and BioXide wants to make every thing as viable as possible. As for adjusting spread, I personally would just like to see the semis have no spread and reserve spread only for autos but BioXide wants to keep spread values quite high for semis to counter old FOM where people just goes for the semi weapons 100% of the time (PP7 and DOA).
Not surprised, Bioxide was bad at fombat. All those headshots he took must have left a mark.

There are millions of ways to avoid that meta. Make the durability worse, have costlier mats, limit ammo per clip etc. This just feels wrong.

MarlboroRed

Taxpayer

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Its hard to find a proper balance with the weapon stats and will have to be adjusted while testing to determine the best balance.