What are the chances of this actually happening?

Caine Vako

Clone

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civilian
Service Points: 0
50%? 30?

Whatchu fink?

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Project Management
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
It's already happening, I'm an actual game developer with quite some years of experience and previous personal games that have been pretty successful as alpha tests, I also work on Islands of Nyne and No More Room In Hell 2 with lots of freelancing gigs in between. This game has only been in development for two months and you can already see shitloads of progress for something that has been worked as a side project, with proper funding, a bigger team and more time we can definitively pull it off. I don't intend on this making huge amounts of money or becoming really popular (who knows?), but I just want to play FoM again and I'll do my best to get this running.

NoahKirchner

Enthusiast

Supporting Donator
Terran Defense Corps
I say 80%. That's my guess.

Mermer

Dweller

Supporting Donator
Civilian
Seriously its been almost 4 years since FoM shut down and look how many of the old community still came together on discord. Sure they're all toxic, bottom feeding assholes but they're our toxic bottom feeding assholes. Most of us are still out looking for a game like FoM but there is nothing like it. The basic mechanics of FoM we're incredibly simple for an mmo, 90% of content was player generated. Even with just the basic framework of a game the player base will be able to recapture some of that. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Project Management
Guns of the Conclave
Mermer post_id=212 time=1496801562 user_id=104 said:
Seriously its been almost 4 years since FoM shut down and look how many of the old community still came together on discord. Sure they're all toxic, bottom feeding assholes but they're our toxic bottom feeding assholes. Most of us are still out looking for a game like FoM but there is nothing like it. The basic mechanics of FoM we're incredibly simple for an mmo, 90% of content was player generated. Even with just the basic framework of a game the player base will be able to recapture some of that. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this.

Agreed, people hear MMO and they think it's some huge ass project with millions of dollars needed to get it running, now a days there's backend services which provide all the shit you need to get an online game running and easy integration with Unreal Engine 4. Also the game at it's core, the content will be generated by the faction leaders, using the tools I will be providing them. Yes we are a long road away from an actual release, but that doesn't mean we won't get to play the game till then, public testing sessions will be available all the way till release. With the small team and funds we have now, it's completely possible to get some sort of MMO mechanics in without that much problem, but I'm confident enough we can pull off a crowdfunding campaign or get enough $$$ to make this happen :p

Civilian
Will keep an eye.
Unfortunately, I'm not a leprechaun and my Jew Geld ran out (been unemployed for two years now).
Hope it works out.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Project Management
Guns of the Conclave
http://imgur.com/a/TTHov

the magic 8 ball has spoken about the future of the game

Civilian
i hope it doesn't have medic armor or injectors, and isnt modeled after 2012+ and on FOM cause that shit sucked

Sir Blood Buske

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civil Protection Commission
[quote="Inspectah Deck" post_id=271 time=1496952563 user_id=129]
i hope it doesn't have medic armor or injectors, and isnt modeled after 2012+ and on FOM cause that shit sucked
[/quote]

alot of that stuff was in 03 fom.

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Project Management
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civilian
[quote="Inspectah Deck" post_id=271 time=1496952563 user_id=129]
[/quote]

We will be using, and tweaking, the combat values from pre-attribute patch. Which most consider the prime of Face of Mankind.

Safwan

Activist

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
I'm also very proud of what we've got together so fast in such a short amount of time. Most of the community's returning and getting decent amount of donations in already as well.

Mermer is right, after being so lost in a world of shitty mmos and games out there, it's time we came to our senses.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Shakespears

Hesphos

Helpful Citizen

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
North Star
Mining
Safwan post_id=523 time=1497330924 user_id=66 said:
I'm also very proud of what we've got together so fast in such a short amount of time. Most of the community's returning and getting decent amount of donations in already as well.

Mermer is right, after being so lost in a world of shitty mmos and games out there, it's time we came to our senses.

Fingers crossed.

What are you saying?

You don't like Runescape or something?

Reactions: Shakespears

Safwan

Activist

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Hesphos post_id=598 time=1497467766 user_id=116 said:
Safwan post_id=523 time=1497330924 user_id=66 said:

Fingers crossed.

What are you saying?

You don't like Runescape or something?

trimming rune armor 30k

Civilian
By the mighty hand of the Juwana tribe, I say 110% from the current progress I've seen

RadishGamma

Advocate

Supporting Donator
[quote="Abuku Juwana" post_id=656 time=1497583217 user_id=159]
By the mighty hand of the Juwana tribe, I say 110% from the current progress I've seen
[/quote]

Chances are very, very good.

I have been utterly surprised at just how quick the project has moved forward and the positivity that is around it.

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Project Management
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civilian
RadishGamma post_id=660 time=1497604899 user_id=135 said:
[quote="Abuku Juwana" post_id=656 time=1497583217 user_id=159]

Chances are very, very good.

I have been utterly surprised at just how quick the project has moved forward and the positivity that is around it.
[/quote]

Exactly.

We have come a tremendous way the past week or so.

Domino

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civilian
If you build it. They will come.

Shakespears

Connoisseur

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Domino post_id=684 time=1497659104 user_id=96 said:

Quite so indeed, imagine how many will flock from the past and new future prospects. Especially when they're not banned or given a new start so to speak.

Civilian
Shakespears post_id=693 time=1497663233 user_id=153 said:
Domino post_id=684 time=1497659104 user_id=96 said:

Quite so indeed, imagine how many will flock from the past and new future prospects. Especially when they're not banned or given a new start so to speak.

BRING DENNIS BACK ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).