• Total voters

Meliarion

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 5, 2017
Followers of Eternity
Service Points: 0
I'm probably going to end up joining FoE, although that will depend on how the faction's lore ends up turning out.

Reactions: Jade Star

HolyBejebus

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 12, 2017
Canada
Followers of Eternity
When I played Face of Mankind, I was always in CMG (occasionally in EC), so I'll probably just join up with the NSM. Most of the time I would just come home and mine chemical substances. Hope to do the same in this game!

Dapper Droid

Dweller

Sep 22, 2017
No Faction
I thought AV sounded more like EC. We dont know much about factions yet though :/
Should honestly just put in parenthesis what each faction is based off of from FoM for now until it gains traction. This game is in pre-pre-alpha, no one knows/cares about it except for FoM players atm.

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
I thought AV sounded more like EC. We dont know much about factions yet though :/
Should honestly just put in parenthesis what each faction is based off of from FoM for now until it gains traction. This game is in pre-pre-alpha, no one knows/cares about it except for FoM players atm.

The factions don't entirely equate to Face of Mankind's factions though obviously since most of the Development and Story Teams were FoM players many factions have similar themes and niches to the ones displayed in FoM.

Avalon Enterprises is a British biomedical corporation that also does a lot of food production (they're based on a mix of GSK and Unilever).

The closest niche wise to GoM would be FoE which is a transhumanist anarchist quasi-cult that is beginning to take on terroristic undertones. They don't have a medkit monopoly anymore, however.

Reactions: Jord and Safwan

HolyBejebus

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 12, 2017
Canada
Followers of Eternity
The factions don't entirely equate to Face of Mankind's factions though obviously since most of the Development and Story Teams were FoM players many factions have similar themes and niches to the ones displayed in FoM.

Avalon Enterprises is a British biomedical corporation that also does a lot of food production (they're based on a mix of GSK and Unilever).

The closest niche wise to GoM would be FoE which is a transhumanist anarchist quasi-cult that is beginning to take on terroristic undertones. They don't have a medkit monopoly anymore, however.
aww man. they are big producers of food? back in live i would spend my days mining and being a pizza delivery boy. now im reconsidering joining nsm and going with av to make food.

actually, do factions get unique bonuses as before? like how cmg could mine cheaper?

LordAdder

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 24, 2017
CHICAGOOOOOO
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 1
I generally start off with the Military Faction, but one or another I always get executed for something or other. Little do they realize I also have clones, so I just end up leaving and finding another Career option lol. Maybe I'll be a minder or see what the EC Equivalent is going to look like.

Reactions: Jade Star

Spastique

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 30, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
There's probably a thread on this somewhere but I'll ask anyway. What's the alt policy like comparing to FoM?
Don't think I'll be able to choose one faction, there's the GoM equivalent one for the sake of old times, however, I think i'd want to be in the criminal one too.

Reactions: Egroeg

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Oda Zaibatsu
Service Points: 2400
There's probably a thread on this somewhere but I'll ask anyway. What's the alt policy like comparing to FoM?
Don't think I'll be able to choose one faction, there's the GoM equivalent one for the sake of old times, however, I think i'd want to be in the criminal one too.
3) We are hoping to implement a system where players would obviate the creation of alternative characters. Although the exact specifics are still very much up for discussion internally, we can safely say that using alts on Mankind Reborn will not be allowed unless you repurchase the game for a second time and through that acquiring a second CD key.

motoracer1316

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
EST -5gmt usa
No Faction
i will be a new character with a new backstory but similar faction. will join the syndicate and do what i did best in fom. worked the eco farming, found corrupted cops and mercs, sold guns and drugs to them for free passes and minor protection. kept a low key, participated in wars, and help the shadow council when there was need... not sure about a name yet that is tho

Reactions: Jord and Jade Star

Jherso

Clone

Jan 14, 2018
Europe
No Faction
As of right now we know there is going to be 5 different factions LED/FDC mix, Criminals, Mercs, Miners and crafters. So which one are you going to join? I'm not sure which one I'm going to join at this point kinda wish we could make our own factions since I never meshed well within most regular factions. I feel like I'll just lay low and join the crafting faction and build up my wealth.
Probably will go for the government military faction (Terran Defense Corps), since I hate corporations.
But ultimately, I want to wait and read the remaining faction descriptions to know more.
If a corporation description is to my liking, I might join that.

Jord

Expounder

Jun 1, 2017
Oxford, UK
Avalon Enterprises
I'll probably end up in MAG. The new NSM logo is swaying me though.