• Total voters

Synpse

Citizen

Contributor
Feb 13, 2018
Portugal
The Syndicate
Service Points: 0
Probably The Syndicate. Not sure what will be my background exactly but I'll probably build it as I play.

Tod Maddux

Advocate

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 30, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
Why would you play this game and not be able to arrest people? I thought I taught you better Cadnose

Reactions: Shakespears

Scouse

Dweller

Contributor
Feb 28, 2018
North Star
Mining
I gotta be honest, I aint even looked into factions yet :(

creepertnt

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Apr 20, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
i only had about 70 hours on FOM, and from what i can remember of that i spent most of my time crafting/gathering resources for the small clan i joined. I was in a few battles and attempted a bounty once or twice but i thought of my combat skills to be average. I had amazing fun moments though which hooked me into the game, sadly the game announced it was going to shut down shortly after i joined. Im joining the Avalon Enterprises as they seem cool to me.

Hoodwink

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Dec 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I'm torn. Honestly I'm really fond of the CPC, GoC, and very curious about the OZ and the Syndicate. So I'm honestly not sure. Someone convince me.

Sephiroth

Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 1, 2017
Somewhere on Aquatica
I am either going CPC because of my LED past or FoE. I decided FoE because GoM was my first faction when I first played back in 2004/5

SnowDubz

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Aug 21, 2017
The Syndicate
Definitely syndicate, hoping for better unity this time around. Would love for it to be actual organized crime. Can't wait regardless!

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
Definitely syndicate, hoping for better unity this time around. Would love for it to be like fictional organized crime. Can't wait regardless!

Your hopes may be dashed quite quickly there young one - the Syndicate is designed as a coalition of subfractions who are in of themselves equivalent to an actual organised crime group. These crime groups need to pay up to the Syndicate in order to exist under its auspices so are somewhat encouraged by mechanics to fight with each other over plum territories and good rackets.

A good way of thinking about it is that rather than being an oversized mafia family (like BoS occasionally pretended to be) the 'Gangs' of the Syndicate are the mafia families while the Syndicate itself is the Commission.

Reactions: Hari Seldon

SnowDubz

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Aug 21, 2017
The Syndicate
Please don't call me young one....

Lore, mechanics and practically to player base are all very different things to me, just because it is set up way x, doesn't mean the player base will execute it in such a way.

Regardless, I'm excited to get into it with fellow members of the faction and work together where it needs to happen and it would be cool to see more cooperative work than what BoS had. Whose to say it can't? Beauty of the game when it's all left up to the players.

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
Ofc the player base can run the factions how they want. However mechanically factions are set up to follow different themes. The two prime examples of this are the Syndicate and the Guns of the Conclave which are set up (with mechanics, not just lore) to run as a collection of "mini-factions"

Does this mean that they can't be run as unified factions? No - it does mean that it'll be harder than it was is FoM (where BoS was actually pretty unified for the majority of the time) since the various gangs will be competing over the same resources needed to maintain their gangs. Ways this could be done is by limiting the size and territories of the gangs or by specifying that each gang needs to focus on a particular area of crime but these methods would require a strong leadership and the support of the majority of the faction - which is why I suggested you temper your excitement.