Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 29, 2017
Ecolording on Kepler's Dome
North Star
Mining
Service Points: 2
One thing I loved about FoM was the vast amount of traditional political parties and player made parties. I personally still haven't decided yet. I've been developing a character story for the past week and a half now so I'm undecided on what my political stature will be in-game.

What will your political stand point be in the MRverse and why?

Banjo

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
For the motherland; Rafikograd.

Demetri

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 29, 2017
North Star
Mining
For the motherland; Rafikograd.
That was cool for about 3 weeks then he realized he had no clue how to run a faction. I sure did rope me into it until him and his gang of delinquents VONC'd me for R7

They had HC for about 2 weeks I think.

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
The proposed government system for MR doesn’t quite work the same way as the government system did in FoM.

It does (like all democratic systems) lend itself to the formation of political parties however.

Lore wise there’s probably two (a generally conservative party and a generally ‘progressive’ party (expect caricatures of both)) but the really interesting parties will be the ones players come up with.

#EarthFirst

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
Civil Protection Commission
The proposed government system for MR doesn’t quite work the same way as the government system did in FoM.

It does (like all democratic systems) lend itself to the formation of political parties however.

Lore wise there’s probably two (a generally conservative party and a generally ‘progressive’ party (expect caricatures of both)) but the really interesting parties will be the ones players come up with.

#EarthFirst
More than 2 parties would exist given the spectrum of the various elements of the government :D

Demetri

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 29, 2017
North Star
Mining

#EarthFirst
I'd rather it be that way but who knows what the players will choose outside of Union factions.

Osiris

Taxpayer

Oct 5, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
In game my political philosophy will be anarchism. I know it kinda contradicts the ideas of the faction I'm in but tbh lately I've been seriously leaning towards being a mercenary.

John White

Dilettante

Contributor
Jul 23, 2018
Avalon Enterprises
Fuck Earth.
Glory to the colonies.
Seize the means of production!

Honestly I just want my own colony and would support anything to get my way.

Jord

Expounder

Jun 1, 2017
Oxford, UK
Avalon Enterprises
My political alignment is generally Anti-Terran Union but not as far as taking up arms against the TU.