What would keep you playing during a playtest?

Scavy

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
If that's the case we could start playing around with faction dynamics and relationships. Personally I plan on recording/writing all the events since even though its a closed playtest it really is the start of MR history with command people in place.

Reactions: Sam Lysander

MojoGrip

Clone

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civilian
Will Steam be the only way to play once the game is completed and released? Will there be any sort of stand-alone version?

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Project Management
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
Will Steam be the only way to play once the game is completed and released? Will there be any sort of stand-alone version?

We don't have any plans at the moment to switch from Steam, it will be available only on Steam for now

Sorven

Taxpayer

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
With the active playerbase in its current state, there's no getting around the lack of player playing in the alpha test stage. Best thing that would keep me active is more contracts/missions to do around the world. Maybe patrol missions or things of that ilk. Something other than ecoing that I can run around and do while I have mining/refining running in the background. Right now the militia and alien contracts just don't seem to do it for me. Maybe some kind of Delivery contract where you have to deliver an item through dangerous alien/robot infested areas to a drop point. Things like that

Reactions: WintersFrost

WintersFrost

Dilettante

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Civil Protection Commission
With the active playerbase in its current state, there's no getting around the lack of player playing in the alpha test stage. Best thing that would keep me active is more contracts/missions to do around the world. Maybe patrol missions or things of that ilk. Something other than ecoing that I can run around and do while I have mining/refining running in the background. Right now the militia and alien contracts just don't seem to do it for me. Maybe some kind of Delivery contract where you have to deliver an item through dangerous alien/robot infested areas to a drop point. Things like that
I have too much ecoing to do, but I can certainly see the benefit in this. I would love having a CPC-specific mission for guarding/standing in front of L1 for old-times sake (or other areas).

Reactions: Sorven

MarlboroRed

Taxpayer

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Civil Protection Commission
We have to make the factions have some kind of structure that will hold High command to follow the guidelines set forth by the faction and not just one individual, otherwise this game will end up like previous versions. We need to get a grip on it now verses later so that it can succeed this time. I hope it does and will support it in any way possible.

Egroeg

E
We have to make the factions have some kind of structure that will hold High command to follow the guidelines set forth by the faction and not just one individual, otherwise this game will end up like previous versions. We need to get a grip on it now verses later so that it can succeed this time. I hope it does and will support it in any way possible.
This is PRE-Alpha, where a lot of mechanics and things aren't implemented/written yet. HC current are mainly supposed to assist in helping develop the faction lore, give ideas on specific mechanics, and basic 'rp' type things. Soon, possibly after mechanics and once we're in Alpha you'll see people/faction start behaving more correctly or can actually do something to start running their faction (we can't punish/remove people right now). We're still working on how elections/removals will work per faction, there is an idea down for most, but still needs implementations and testing.

I'd suggest ignoring HC you don't like or suggesting fixes toward the faction, but mostly we need to test the new things being implemented currently, then get a huge grip on HC.

HBnY

Asst. Economy Designer

Community Contributor
Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
To be fair, theres a reason why its called playTEST. Just focus on testing and stop all the unnecessary drama lmao.

Wilbon

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
To be fair, theres a reason why its called playTEST. Just focus on testing and stop all the unnecessary drama lmao.

They are testing. Testing staff's patience. kek

• Love
Reactions: Fickey and Egroeg

HBnY

Asst. Economy Designer

Community Contributor
Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
I would rather hear people complain about the combat being unbalanced than about an HC doing blablabla