Hari Seldon

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 17, 2017
Cloning
Followers of Eternity
Service Points: 0
Just for an interesting but utterly irrelevant piece of demography to see who the returners are. Aimed at which faction you felt was your real home even if you ended up spending more time outside of it or similar due to problems with how other interpreted/led the faction or what have you.

If you feel the need you can reply with a note about the rank you spent the most time at for another bit of analytics on where the hunger comes from.

If you were GIS get out.

macmardigan

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 28, 2017
Among the living
Civil Protection Commission
I chose GoM because their philosophy of do as you will best suited me even if I only played in GoM for a few months due to my bias of them being a bunch of peacenicks. Hopefully FoE will be more aggressive in their task of upholding civil liberties.

Reactions: Shakespears

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
I spent almost all my time (10er) as an FDC R4-R5 and most of that in either FA or FIC.

Hopefully FoE will be more aggressive in their task of upholding civil liberties.
FoE are atm transhumanist anarchists who have a new and worryingly culty reformation. The only reason the Union hasn't declared them Excommunicate Tratoris is that FoEs free education and augmentation facilities have made them popular among the underclasses and the riots and social unrest would cost too much to put down.

Reactions: Shakespears

Banjo

Dilettante

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
I voted MOTB, it was the faction I spent the most time in and the faction that suited me the best.
I do have to sent the FDC boys a salute though, I enjoyed my stay with them both when I first started the game and later on in FoTD.
I was mostly R3 as that's the rank for careless randoms, but who have stayed in the faction for to long to still be R1 (We all know R1 is the best rank). To my amusement I found myself perpetually getting R6 in factions the last 2 and half years of FOM, although I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the lack of quality players, then it has to do with my abilities.

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 14, 2017
Virginia, USA
I spent most of my time as motb but went LED at the end so I put LED. More than likely will go to CPC for stunning shenanigans. I'll go mercs if the CPC leadership is too unbearable.

Reactions: Graf Cuyval Dar

Osiris

Taxpayer

Oct 5, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
My best days were in EC. I miss those times when Reefer played Imperial March after we took a colony.

Ferin

Dilettante

Supporting Donator
Jun 17, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Motb mainly, then started to faction hop to get easily into the beef, Merc at heart, getting paid to fight was the best part tbh
Was talking to Tod and some others and nobody had heard of you till you started developing this

Reactions: Tod Maddux

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
Was talking to Tod and some others and nobody had heard of you till you started developing this
I've been a random throughout my fom life, I'm still a random

Hari Seldon

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 17, 2017
Cloning
Followers of Eternity
This is a shit poll. A lot of people were in multiple factions.
Very true that most vets were in several factions over the years and I should think more than a few have been in all of them at one point or another even if they weren't those that street walked for rank. The point is not so much to chart the motion of individuals through the years as that would probably even out to the major factions having roughly the same numbers due to Brownian motion if nothing else. It is more which factions appealed the most to the those active and involved enough in MR to see this poll, the faction they identified the most with the RP/application/was where their friends were.

There is a difference between a merc that went LED because the mercs had no particular goal or stakes in any fight beyond the beef and an LED that retired into being a merc because they were bored of being a cop and though the current HC was full of muppets so they only wanted the beef out of FoM. The distinction would be a subtle point if it was made when trying to balance out the appeals of the FoM factions but they are very actually dead and it could be substantially more useful to MR in their aim of applying new coats of paint and larger changes to this games versions of those societal niches.

And Ferin you aren't 12.

Graf Cuyval Dar

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 25, 2017
Doha, Qatar
Wordy tripe doesn't mean you have a good point.
People played in different factions with their mains and alts because the factions and cultures were different.
I count my time in multiple factions as fun and valuable in different ways. I wouldn't necessarily put one above the other.

Hari Seldon

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 17, 2017
Cloning
Followers of Eternity
Wordy tripe doesn't mean you have a good point.
People played in different factions with their mains and alts because the factions and cultures were different.
I count my time in multiple factions as fun and valuable in different ways. I wouldn't necessarily put one above the other.
Yeh sorry there is only a limited number of options you can put in to the poll so "rank whore" didn't make the cut. Just use AE.

Reactions: Safwan