Ranfre

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 15, 2018
Seattle
Avalon Enterprises
Service Points: 0
Was mostly GoM, but also spent a while in CMG, and alted in AE. Shoulda been a multiple choice poll

David Ord

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
May 8, 2018
Civil Protection Commission
Joined LED 2-3 years before the end of legacy. Created the Colonial Police Department in FotD and only gone by one name in my FOM days, Franke McAllister. My style - no nonsense policing

Joshua Jones

Citizen

Supporting Donator
Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jul 10, 2018
Joined LED 2-3 years before the end of legacy. Created the Colonial Police Department in FotD and only gone by one name in my FOM days, Franke McAllister. My style - no nonsense policing
Your firm policing helps me sleep at night.

Drakkar

Dweller

Aug 6, 2017
No Faction
I was a random player, nothing fancy.

Started playing in I think 2004 during Open Beta (tall dark models instead of the shinier ones later) in LED (char was named either Lutra Ikaryang or Loden Ikariyang) . I specifically remember being in some patrol mission with Jai when he was R3 where we walked around the Mall (Brooklyn?) and surrounding areas doing very little. Did a lot of DMC defense missions before turrets came out and died all the time. Still remember when turrets first came out and guarding DMC was easier but there was a lot of controversy because some people think it made GD weaker.

I eventually made it to R4 in DPI running training on some sort of space station (Yukon?) because I can't shoot worth a damn. Couldn't go above R3 anywhere else. There was some invasion from Yukon to Ground Zero which was pretty epic, just shittons of GD vorting in. I vorted into the wrong node and got killed by a merc. I think there was a person named DEATHSCYTHE but I didn't know him/her personally, just saw him/her crouching around in Brooklyn Mall.

I got bored so I defected to GoM (character: Songa Ikariyang) and just talked to people on TS/Vent while guarding Aquatica. I only remember Cypher and Alan Quartermaine(sp?). We got steamrolled a lot by random people from BoS.
I got bored from that too and somehow got into DL (char: Odd Gunner) through a guy named Nemesis even though, like I said, I suck at fighting. I was both GoM and MotB for a while until Cypher found out because a whole group of us GoM guys went into my P51 apartment where another GoM guy who was also DL on another account was camping with his buddy. Everyone died and it was obvious how they got into my apartment so Cypher told me I had to quit DL or I'd get booted from GoM.

I left DL for various reasons but mainly cause I liked the GoM guys and I sucked at combat. Toward when MS1 was rolling around I decided to do a bunch of PNS reporting for some reason and walked around interviewing random people. I remember one story specifically in Andromeda.

I made one last defection before MS1 where I went to EC (char: Odd Gunner II). The week before MS1 was chaos. Lots of shooting on Moon Base and TV1 for god knows what reason. I engaged in a lot of those fights and it was fun.
My shitty computer couldn't handle MS1 (sad I know) so basically I didn't play until a bit before that final kick starter campaign (was it with nexeon? I forget). I was mainly GoM and EC. I remember Reefer and that's about it. I think though the fun of Open Beta made it hard for me to get into the 2010 version of FoM, especially with the significantly fewer players. The days of massing in Yukon or DMC or even Aquatica made it pretty sad to walk around Manhattan with like two other guys. Still, I lurked the forums a lot because there's nothing quite like FoM. I started and stopped a lot of games but couldn't really let go of FoM ever since I was 13 years old.

Anyway I was kind've a weird kid and it's been 8-14 years so hopefully people forgot about how I was like during OB/2010. I hope this project succeeds and let me know if yall need any help.

Edit:

Btw does anybody know what happened to Cypher and Alan?

Cypher went to go play WoW when it first came out. Alan Quartermain unfortunately passed away from a heart attack a few years back.

Lukas Zelinski

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Sep 2, 2017
LED all the way, never left. Joined *just* after the big treason trial after the civil war. First week was ECMG rolfstomping the known universe. I had known about the game since 2005 in PC Gamer but my area didn't get proper internet until 2009. Was worth the wait.

I genuinely loved the LED and the community, for whatever reason. Barely anyone could fight. Still loved it.

RIP James Seymore.

Gibbs

Clone

Sep 8, 2017
No Faction
LED > CMG > VI. That was over the space of maybe 4 years so not a faction hopper! LED was great fun (as a new player) but the best times, in terms of people, were CMG/VI.

Reactions: LordAdder

Darko Jones

Clone

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 27, 2018
Outside of the Simulation
Followers of Eternity
Darko Johnson
Played off and on from 2009-2013, exclusively in LED. I was a DPI instructor for a little while, and fought in the last GD civil war. I remember vorting in with a few other people before the big LED zerg on the DSS Yukon, we took out the turrets so we could defend our hackers more easily

May 23, 2019
Terran Defense Corps
Most time was spent in MoTB with Crimson Tide, EC led by Reefer, and FDC. Good times. Loved prison raids the most.

Reactions: Egroeg
May 21, 2019
Followers of Eternity
I spent most of my time in the LED As an R4 closer to the end of FOTD. But, I spent some time in the FDC.

May 21, 2019
Terran Defense Corps
Created and ran the FA div in FDC as r6. Original High Command.
Was fun.

Did some senator stuff afterwards.
Not fun.

Reactions: SilverFlame

Cipher

Clone

Aug 1, 2017
Hopped around every faction as Mack Nelson, but spent most of my time in the LED, FDC, and MoTB, mostly hovering around R2-R3 in all of them.

Viper

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Jun 28, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
I was fucking 12 when I first started playing, fucking 12 haha. Im 21 now, time flies huh?

I was a random who was mostly in Motb, and some FDC. Kinda split on who to join once game’s out but I voted Motb

Last edited: