Will the game be available outside of steam?

Oct 27, 2018
Reactions
1 0 0
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 0
I would prefer not to purchase the game through steam when it releases. Will this be a possibility?

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Reactions
488 10 2
Avalon
Enterprises
Service Points: 2400
Hello,

The game will only be available on Steam on release day, I'm afraid. However, that doesn't mean there will never be a standalone version later down the road.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
312 5 0
Guns of the Conclave
Those who were with us since the beginning know why we picked Steam and why it's the best option now, I'm sure you all must know what Steam provides, but for us, the best feature is the patching and authentication. Previously we had a scuffed launcher that sucked really bad and the whole patching system was a mess, once we switched to Steam and re-organized the game data, the patching is a breeze and there's really no blockers to getting the game to our player's hands.

Maybe when we're way ahead and have a bigger budget that we could allocate to build a custom launcher & offer some piracy protection, then maybe we could offer the game outside of Steam, but for now and post-launch, it's very unlikely.

Aug 20, 2018
Reactions
4 0 0
Civil Protection Commission
Hello,

The game will only be available on Steam on release day, I'm afraid. However, that doesn't mean there will never be a standalone version later down the road.
Thank god. I don't mind waiting at all. Launch day on steam is gr8.