Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Cloning
Reactions
132 2 0
No Faction
Service Points: 0
Who was your first R7? Do you even remember you shameless rank whore? Were they any good? Who was the best R7 you served under?

I actually had to ask Chip who the R7 was when he first jumped me into the FDC. Apparently a chap called Cheesman, I never met or heard from him and this wasn't high pop FoM.

Delan

Game Designer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Nov 8, 2017
Germany
Reactions
31 0 0
Followers of Eternity
Service Points: 5
05 was Papa Mojo in BoS
12 was Sister Cubs in GoM

Necidious

Community Manager

Staff member
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Antwerp, BE
Reactions
519 10 2
Followers of Eternity
Service Points: 2400
Not quite sure who that was exactly. I remember that the Law Enforcement Department was my very first faction, but I also remember back when I first touched ground in the game as the lowly grunt I was back then, faction leaders were pretty much perceived as mythological characters who weren't seen amongst the general pop, not like they were when Face of Mankind had a low population.

That, and I was an adolescent blud who didn't really care who was above me.

LordAdder

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Oct 24, 2017
CHICAGOOOOOO
Reactions
94 2 0
The Syndicate
Service Points: 1
Not quite sure who that was exactly. I remember that the Law Enforcement Department was my very first faction, but I also remember back when I first touched ground in the game as the lowly grunt I was back then, faction leaders were pretty much perceived as mythological characters who weren't seen amongst the general pop, not like they were when Face of Mankind had a low population.

That, and I was an adolescent blud who didn't really care who was above me.
Same
And then I played FoM when it was on steam near the end of its life and joined EC, still don't remember who was R7 then

Hari Seldon

Advocate

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Cloning
Reactions
132 2 0
No Faction
Tbf the first R7s I actually remember was Tornadium and Crez which was very much after FoM wus ded game.

Probably who is the first R7 you interacted with or remember is a better question.

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Manhattan
Reactions
332 7 1
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
First R7 I remember really interacting with would probably be Ferin.

Best R7 I served under was probably Myo or Ferin (maybe Dietrich and Sammy but never really interacted with them while they were R7s) but my experiences were entirely defined by the FDC so my pool of decent faction leaders is fairly small.

Aug 6, 2017
Reactions
5 0 0
No Faction
Cypher Codeson. The R7 of GoM in 2005, dude had a voice of a god.

Jan 17, 2019
Greece
Reactions
0 0 0
Civil Protection Commission
cant remember exactly his name but most fav for me LED R7 was Wilfred Winburg or something

Jul 3, 2017
Reactions
10 0 0
No Faction
First R7 was Winters (Dev)

Most fondly remember the time spent under Rivers and Dogpyle though.

I think it's fair to say this time was the high time of FoM in general. Oh damn, double the age now.

Skiy

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 12, 2017
Reactions
60 0 0
The Syndicate
Service Points: 2
First R7 was Papa Mojo iirc but surprisingly the first person I really remember was The Claw, just because of how often he'd tell me to shut my mouth on vent because I was a squeaker. You know it's just occurred to me it's been nearly 15 years since then, what the actual fuck..

Jan 26, 2019
Reactions
1 0 0
No Faction
Jai Patel and Robby Mac.. very fun times. Pretty much a war with BoS/GoM their whole tenure