Your First time playing FoM Memories?

maxlee93

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Civil Protection Commission
Service Points: 0
I found this game on my own I loved the RP and read up on the story of the faction about the police (LED) and the military (FDC) so what I did is install the game of course login, created my toon. (forgot the names) I think I put the last name as Lee as my middle name is Lee. So anyways I was in the cloning place couldn't move thought the game was broken but I waited for a while. Then I saw other players and a chat called. "Help" I did choose LED and I saw a name that was talking in green he was helping me out. So he told me where to go and I had to patrol that one area called DMC and people could not be on the RAMP. So this guy keeps going around the ramp and touching the ramp so the R4 got pissed and started shooting this soft stun gun. I didn't know what to do so I pulled out the stun weapon to scanned him he had so much pp. And the R4 was giving me tips how to jail after that little RP fight etc. Then I saw the BLUE name and the R4 did tell me how to look at peoples ranks I cannot believe my eyes I saw a blue name and a department name. So I carried on my duty for patrolling the DMC that was on my mission list in the group. Then I got tried of playing and tried to kill the R5 cause he was a douche bag. He told the R7 and I got kicked from the faction. So I had to kill all my clones off and created FDC. This one was the best Buske is the one I saw they did training and handbooks in-game mail you had to read and do tests. It's so amazing and the FDC,LED had a website who is KOS and AOS etc. I had so much fun playing this game. Well that was my story of being first time in FOM and I forgot after all of that I told my friend and we went BOS and started making drugs and doing the same thing over and over lol.

Reactions: Valiant

Hesphos

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 6, 2017
North Star Mining
Joined CMG.
Saw some space hippie in a big white dress.
Stormed at me with a gun.
Died.

Turns out CMG was at war with GOM.

Chip Lawrie

Lead Game Writer

Staff member
Jun 1, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Service Points: 800813
Logged on as fdc got kidnapped into a 101 and 102 made sgt by the end of the day.

Reactions: Shakespears

Domino

Dweller

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 4, 2017
No Faction
Friend talked me into trying out beta. Spent the first day standing around farming missions and shooting the shit in MoTB. Was hooked.

Shakespears

Game Writer

Staff member
Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 14, 2017
Domino post_id=941 time=1498086466 user_id=96 said:
Friend talked me into trying out beta. Spent the first day standing around farming missions and shooting the shit in MoTB. Was hooked.
Pretty much the same for me, except I was dumb enough to shoot Sanji in a dare. Needless to say I got a long lesson from that for the first whole week until I realized I could make a new character.

BioXide

Founder

Staff member
Lead Developer
Management
Jun 1, 2017
Guns of the Conclave
Service Points: 999999
Shakespears post_id=942 time=1498086996 user_id=153 said:
Domino post_id=941 time=1498086466 user_id=96 said:
Pretty much the same for me, except I was dumb enough to shoot Sanji in a dare. Needless to say I got a long lesson from that for the first whole week until I realized I could make a new character.
haha holy shit thats a nono as a merc

i started off as motb, didn't know what the fuck to do, i think santiago told me to switch factions, so i ended up in bos and worked my way up, fall of denial was helping me out and giving me tasks and shit to do, reached R3, met some good fighters, had some fights with them and they saw some potential in me and ended up inviting me to their cell Serious Business, from there on i became a really good fighter and was a part of every major cell in motb and ended up as R7

inbetween that had some really awesome moments that really set fom apart from any other game ive played, no other game has captured me as fom did, too bad i started in 2011, would've loved to play the game during it's prime

Safwan

Enthusiast

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 1, 2017
started out clueless in fom. roaming around NYC. Anya Clowes gave me 2 hour long DPI class. hooked instantly.

only few know I was always LED. Since logging in on 1st day and they day legacy fom shut its servers I didnt ever change faction once.

led is home. led is bae

RadishGamma

Advocate

Contributor
Jun 9, 2017
February 2005, a bloke I used to play Fallout Tactics:RPG with IceFox told me about an Open Beta of a game which was an MMO and we could play as cops in a Dark Future universe. Thinking about it now Fallout Tactics: RPG was FoM set in the Fallout universe on a much smaller scale, you could play as cops, gangsters, shop keepers, gun smiths etc... Me and IceFox always played as Cops along with a bloke called RunawayScientist (who some of you may remember.)

I downloaded the installer (which took ages on the 'broadband' we had back in 05) and installed the game... I can still remember the installer music playing in the background with the title cards of the various worlds/colonies - reminded me of C&C's installation and really got you in the mood - it wasn't just a generic installer.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwYfPN7huzU[/BBvideo]

Created my account where I was met by the original (and best) character creation screen, it was like a big hall and you scrolled through the different factions - tons of realistic clothing and uniforms to choose from (the clans shared the clothing pool in the 05 game.) I of course picked LED because 16 year old me had always wanted to be a cop and its what I enjoyed playing as (I was cop obsessed back then, still am to a degree but the novelty wears after awhile.)

Booting up into a world I picked "Moonbase" as my starting area, why I do not know as it was a very poor decision on my part - I remember aimlessly wandering around for a few minutes trying to work out how everything worked talking with IceFox on AOL Messenger (Yeah...) when I came across on Asian Coalition bloke who said "Hello" and then proceeded to gun me down in cold blood! I travelled through to NYC Brooklyn and met up with an LED Patrol including a bloke called Gaalin Reavil who I later found out was the Warden of DMC.

Played the game religiously, worked in DMC as an Enforcer for awhile before convincing some of the FOT:RPG guys to join including RunawayScientist.

Worked my way through the ranks, attended the first Senate meeting in Brooklyn Cafeteria (no Manhattan in those days) and guarded it from the MiB attacks who were nading the place.

FoM was unlike any game I had played before that wasn't a Mod or player made.

The original 05-06 version of FoM with the old clothing styles, the cyberpunk setting the player-run missions etc was the BEST incarnation of FoM we have had, ever... Hands down... The engine update was hammered through and the new models were introduced which were uttershite, mass complaints from the playerbase but it later transpired that the change was made to capitalise on the Team Deathmatch style gameplay trend sweeping the net at the time - Ojom the mobile phone company funding FoM wanted to move away from a player controlled RPG to a more mainstream system, after that they implemented classes and all sorts of rubbish that practically destroyed the game.

I'm glad to be part of a team that know what it's doing and knows what made FoM so great and unique, I just wish more of you could have been around in 05-06 to see what I had seen.

Jord

Expounder

Jun 1, 2017
Avalon
Enterprises
This was 12 years ago so I don't completely remember what I was doing the first moments I joined FoM but I do have some very early memories from starting out, this is one of my earliest.

I remember being in LED, being completely new and joining an LED patrol with a group of 3 other people in Tokyo. The ranking officer was leading the patrol (I think it may have actually been Emufarmers) and I remember the chills I got from walking through the empty, quiet streets of Tokyo looking for BoS members and keeping an eye out for gang activities. It was already a known hot spot so the fact it was quiet make it feel eerie, it was also quite dark.

Eventually we found a BoS member and the commanding officer gave a command for him to stop where he is. He decided to run so we started chasing him down, turning our standard issue shoulder lamps on, the fight music started to play and bullets flying from our newbie pistols towards him.

maxlee93

Helpful Citizen

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 17, 2017
Good old times, forgot about this post cause of work looking at many peoples memories is a good thing.
Mankind Reborn - Face Of Mankind 2

Dhar

Citizen

Jun 28, 2017
No Faction
05. Joined FDC.
Back then AIDS was not a thing.
Rest is history.

Also, what's up mofos.

Jun 30, 2017
No Faction
Well before I became known in the game I joined as FDC reached rank 2, left no one noticed.

Quit the game and after a year or so I came back as LED. I became known in FOM because of 3 troll forum posts I made with an LED theme especially one called "Join the LED today!" which was a spoof off of the FDC recruitement threat.

I tried to join DIS (For the best fighters in LED) after being in the game for a week got rejected because I was a noob.

After a month I had a strong influence in LED and high command got pissed at me for over riding orders when leading patrols and skirmishes.

A year later when DIS was reformed by whambulance I got accepted in.
Then got kicked out for ganking a high ranking Bos member lol.

Reactions: Safwan

Roids

Citizen

Jun 30, 2017
No Faction
Somebody named Jester mistook me for a preteen girl and asked for nudes

Dhar

Citizen

Jun 28, 2017
No Faction
Roids post_id=1997 time=1499138043 user_id=240 said:
Somebody named Jester mistook me for a preteen girl and asked for nudes
King of molesters.

waltercain

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 21, 2017
The Syndicate
I don't really remember my very first FoM memories. I played way back in '07 as LED and didn't really do too much. Minded my own business as I learned the game. I stopped playing for a bit when I went to university but came back later on. My first vivid memory is walking through Brooklyn and meeting Andy Keppler who recruited me into New Haven Parties. We had a recruit training session with myself and roughly 15 others. Andy found out that I was the only person who had played before and knew how to use chat so I ended up helping train a few. I wasn't in the faction for an hour when we went to war with CMG and I spent the next week posted at Storage in New Haven shooting people and constantly dying. It was a fun week.

Oh, and I jumped in a hole filled with backpacks and killed myself because I was told to.

Last edited:

NoahKirchner

Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2017
Terran Defense Corps
Joined, ran around, joined chimera, got pissed at the trainer for calling me a ❤❤❤❤❤❤ed ❤❤❤got so left, got invited into shadow runners.

Jade Star

Dilettante

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jun 28, 2017
Avalon
Enterprises
What really drew me in to FOM was no safe zones I never played a game before FOM that was full pvp everywhere no where is really safe, so I got in, joined LED ran around New York City Manhattan asked how to load a gun. I also thought Infenses armor was better then Plythica I can't be the only one that thought that. I eventually ran out of money and had to perma die none of you helped me NONE OF YOU which why I blame LED for the way I turned out today THANKS.

Moby

Taxpayer

Alpha Tester
Patron
Jul 9, 2017
No Faction
Logged in.. during early beta. Seen it on MMORPG.com thought it looked cool. Got me a pistol somehow (not sure if I spawned with it). Seen a afk guy with a pp7, didn't think I could kill him. So I just started blasting him in the face. Ganked his ass, looted pp7 got so excited I spent the next 5 years ganking everybody.

As Moby Dick, John Carter, and Jason Cutter. Pretty sure I was a few other people just can't remember the names.

Erima

Dweller

Jul 10, 2017
No Faction
Went into Brookyln and explored abit outside around by the CMG building etc. Saw someone get executed (Cant remember who) and someone traded me some drugs to keep me quiet..walked back in and got killed by the LED for possession of drugs. Fun times