Your First time playing FoM Memories?

aceofspades

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
North Star
Mining
Service Points: 0
I remember how all the Fdc always had drugs and they would get furious if you scanned them.

Hoxley

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
As a middle ranked LED, myself and my RL friend would be on prison watch and would frequently take bribes from prisoners to release them. We once took a big bribe to do a prison break. Was some of the best gameplay that we had.

Reactions: Litheius

Hepopotan

Citizen

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Civil Protection Commission
I once logged out for the last time.

Wilbon

Advocate

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
The Syndicate
Not necessarily the first time playing but my biggest earliest memory was in NYC - Manhatten where I met a guy named Waffle, who was BoS. I think I had just switched to BoS or was thinking about it and Waffle ended up taking me under his wing and teaching me how to corner sell and avoid LED on Manhatten. That started my long road with BoS.

Also remember that before that though as an LED, I was shown around by Death Wyrm who was FDC. I remember him giving me a zanny and telling me about the different kinds of rounds, and then gave me cop killer rounds he told me to use on my own faction. kek

• Love
Reactions: Deathwyrm

nyubiz

Clone

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Guns of the Conclave
My first experience in Fom.

I clone, i enter Manhattan and walk under a bridge and get ganked.

Diaxxie

Taxpayer

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
Oda Zaibatsu
You know, I don't really remember too terribly much, but the thing that stuck out to me the most was trying to figure out how the crafting worked, and then I was reading faction chat. They needed help defending an area. I went to where they wanted us to be, they gave me armor and a gun and a specific outfit to wear as a uniform so we can tell the difference between each other.

On the time of attack the enemy rushed in all dressed like us and killed us all, we even killed each other a little bit. :deeplmao:

David Ord

Dilettante

Silver Donator
Alpha Tester
Remembering the first time involved in a social mmo of this unique genre leaves a lasting impression on the player. Its vital to get this correct. Leading from character creation on to faction introduction and back stories on to current gameplay situation and playerbase interaction. The video below (FOM era) sums up the point of a new player raw game mechanics impression and emotion and peaked interest to return to the game as their in game story and path has begun by the choices they have made on their own, not being lost in a day due to mindless ganking from others under pretention of personal playstyle.

Last edited:

Nicodemus

Clone

Civilian
I remember dying. A lot.

I think the first thing to get me was one of the starting bugs. I thought I'd be fine with a gun, but nah. Those bugs were super spongy and hit like trucks. I think I started with CMG. Pretty sure I lost all my clones and was on my last when someone was kind enough to loan me the money to get more. This game is pretty brutal if you go lone wolf though.

Anya Clowes

Dweller

Bronzed Donator
Alpha Tester
I remember dying. A lot.

I think the first thing to get me was one of the starting bugs. I thought I'd be fine with a gun, but nah. Those bugs were super spongy and hit like trucks. I think I started with CMG. Pretty sure I lost all my clones and was on my last when someone was kind enough to loan me the money to get more. This game is pretty brutal if you go lone wolf though.
Hey, I think I recognize your name. You were pretty chill!